In Praise Of The Night Out

This weekend we had the opportunity to get all dressed up with somewhere to go!  A wedding.  Perhaps the sweetest kind of celebration.  It was just the two of us; my SassyHubby and I.  No kids?  This was a rare occasion.  No children to look after and time alone with my man.  It was time to make the most of it.

We got all snazzied up and hit the road.

NightOut1

A great excuse for fabulous shoes!

NightOut14NightOut5

When we arrived at the wedding…

We toasted the couple.  A lot.

We danced.

We laughed.

We re-connected with some old friends and made some new ones.

We snapped a few pictures and of course a couple of selfies too.

NightOut16NightOut18

For one blissful evening we didn’t worry about the never ending to-do list, the bills, the state of our house, or who had to drive carpool.  We just lived in the moment and made the most of it.

Then a thought. Why or why does it take a huge celebration to get us out of the house, off the couch, out of our comfort zone and into the “life is good let’s celebrate” frame of mind.  It’s time to make an effort to see friends more regularly.  Dance a little more often, laugh a little louder and embrace the joy of every day. The revelation. it’s time to start looking forward to the next night out.

What have you got planned for your next night out?

Comments

1. beautiful pictures!

It’s good to cut loose!

3. I don’t remember the last time I got dressed up and got out of the house. Really must make some plans!

4. Beautiful as always! 🙂 I think there is something to be said about getting all dolled up occasionally for a night on the town ; it really lifts the spirits 🙂 Like you said – WHY wait for a celebration ; why not just because?

5. I have a wedding in two weeks time, now I just need the cutie to go with
    & of course the shoes

6. Sounds like it was perfect! We went to the Queen Mary yesterday to see the Princess Diana Exhibit and enjoyed a full Windsor Tea too! Going to Illinois for a class reunion in a few weeks. Trying harder to get out of the house…….

7. sounds like a fun night

8. Cheryl Grandy says:

Spending time together having fun is important. My husband and I try to take a couple days away from home and the to-do lists every year (even spending a night at a bed and breakfast a half hour from home is a great way to reconnect).

9. Wow! You guys look amazing! We have an adults-only dinner party coming up this weekend and it will be the first time in a long time that Mommy has dressed up and gone out with Daddy. Should be fun!

10. You both look great!!!! Glad you had a nice time out.
    We have date night every Friday night. We don’t usually dress up, but we do look forward to it.

We’ve ALWAYS make it a point, every other month we book 2 nights/3 days at a hotel, just the 2 of us.

Life get’s rocking and things start happening and like you said, time goes by and we don’t realize how much, until we have a chance to attend a function like this.

It’s important to make time to get back to just being a man and woman…

12. Treen Goodwin says:

you both look amazing hope you enjoyed your date night 🙂

13. Hubbie and I went out lastnight for our anniversary.

14. You look fabulous, and I hope that you and hubby made the most of the time together. =)

Glad to hear that you had a good time! Great pictures! I would seriously injure myself in those shoes!!!

You two are stunning! Glad you had a fun time!

17. I can post here since my hubs will never know….we’re celebrating 12 years of marriage on September 7 and I’ve planned an overnight hotel in TO (kids are going to grandma’s) with dinner and the following day EdgeWalk! I can’t wait!

18. Tricha F. says:

Gorgeous couple. I would like to catch a movie and have dinner without the little rugrats around. My dream would be to have an over night stay in a hotel with just hubby and I.

19. Jodi Mitrovic says:

Wonderful share~ It’s so true, we’re so caught up in our everyday hustle & bustle that we forget about the little things that matter most. Why does it take a special occasion to get dressed up and go see friends! It’s something to think about! Great pics!

20. You two look so sweet together! Our next date night involves going to a jazz festival.