Are you a “This Is Us” fan? Sigh, I am. Here’s the thing. You can’t hate the Crock-Pot. It’s not her fault. Plus the Crock-Pot or in this case, the Slow Cooker is all kinds of amazing. Did you know you can make a rich and sinful chocolate cake right IN your Crock-Pot? Here’s how to fall back in love with your Crock-Pot.
If you are looking for something decadent (and easy) this recipe is sure to wow your family.
It’s time to try this sinfully delicious chocolate pudding cake created in your slow cooker!
- 1 package devil’s food chocolate cake mix
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups cold skim or 2% milk
- 1 package (113 g ) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 and 1/2cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of mini M&Ms
- In a large bowl combine; cake mix, water, eggs, and oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased slow cooker. I have used both Pam and butter to grease the inside of the slow cooker and actually prefer the butter.
- In a second bowl; whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until it begins to set.
- Spoon pudding mixture over cake batter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and top with Mini M&Ms
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out almost clean.
- I suggest cooking on high for 2 hours and then letting sit with the heat turned off for the last hour.
Finally; scoop out the warm and yummy cake with a giant spoon and enjoy.
Adding extra M&M’s optional, but clearly a yummy idea.
Yield: 12 – 16 generous and rich servings.
Adapted from a recipe Originally published as Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2013.