You’ve booked your trip and are ready to embrace that all-inclusive vacation. Bags are packed, house sitter arranged, excitement at an all-time high. But here’s a very important question, do you pack snacks for your trip? We do!! No matter how glorious your resort or destination may be one thing you can be assured of, the need for just one more snack. Sometimes, a little taste of home is just what is needed (especially if you happen to be traveling with little ones!) Here’s a list of 20 of our favourite, will always squeeze into our bags if we can, so thankful we made room for snacks.
- Nuts -Almonds, cashews, pistachios or even sunflower seeds.
- Bars (protein bars, fruit/nut bars, natural fruit bars or granola bars) We like Kind Bars, Lara Bars and Cliff Bars.
- Dried Fruit – banana chips or dried mango are our faves
- Dark Chocolate
- Pretzels (in a sealed thin Tupperware container to avoid getting smashed)
- Popcorn – if there will be a microwave at your destination – bags of microwavable popcorn
- Popcorn Chips
- Homemade muffins
- Crackers – if you have little ones Goldfish crackers or Ritz Crackers with Cheese are always a hit
- Rice Cakes
- Dry oatmeal cups (just add hot water at your destination
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Trail Mix
- Applesauce or fruit squeezes
- Microwavable Kraft Dinner
- Pre-packaged Hummus and pita chips
- Cookies – Arrowroot and oatmeal pack quite well
- Fruit Leather – homemade or store-bought
The next time you are packing for a getaway don’t forget the best way to avoid hunger meltdowns is to pack a few of your family’s favourite snacks. After all, “hangry” is a real thing and a full family is a happy family.