When you’re planning that next dream trip to Disney don’t forget to search out the magic that exists outside the parks. It truly is everywhere including the incredibly revamped Disney Springs.
Disney Springs is a sprawling outdoor promenade consisting of a stunning variety of flagship stores and a plethora of eclectic shops, unique restaurants, and truly awe-worthy entertainment. In short, a family and teen nirvana. It features four very distinct areas; The Landing, Marketplace, West Side and Town Center all just begging to be explored.
Here are our picks for the Top 10 Must Do’s with Teens while visiting Disney Springs Orlando.
- La Nouba by Cirque Du Soleil. It promises to surprise, mystify and delight all members of your family. Heads up, this incredible show is said to be closing December 31, 207 so act fast!
Picture courtesy of DisneySprings.Com
- Sprinkles Cupcakes. Only some of the best cupcakes in the world. If you are craving an out of the ordinary experience skip the regular storefront and order your sweet treat via the Sprinkles Cupcake “ATM”. Tip: Be sure to have your credit card ready to swipe for payment for your beautiful Sprinkles Cupcakes.
Warning; the catchy little tune playing on repeat from the pink little machine will get stuck in your head forever.
- For a different perspective of Disney Springs take to the sky with Characters In Flight experience. For a few minutes, you are flying high above the crowds of Disney Springs in a hot air balloon. (that does stay tethered to the ground) It’s also the perfect opportunity to snap a few fabulous photos)
- Shopping is a must including a stop at UNIQLO.Have you heard of this store? Chances are your teen has. It’s a Japanese brand that delivers on both style and comfort at a fairly decent price point. My teen walked out with a couple of cute sweaters the likes of which we’ve not seen anywhere in Canada.
- Take in a movie, in true Disney style of course. At the AMC Theatre at Disney Springs, you can Dine In! It’s a movie theatre and restaurant in one. Just stop by the concession stand on your way to your seat, place your order and your meal will be delivered to you during the show. This service is definitely Teen Approved!
- Take the time to check out the Coca-Cola store.Don’t miss the top floor where you can sample one of 100 flavours of Coca-Cola and take in an amazing view at the same time. After all that shopping this is a great spot to sit and rest your feet! Insider Tip: For a unique experience try the Tastes of the World flight of Cokes. An entire tray of flavours of Coca-Cola from all over. Best done with a group because this is a lot of pop!
- Pose in front of the giant dragon at the Lego Store!
- Seriously, where else in the world will you see a Lego statue that’s 10 stories tall? Then wander through the massive LEGO Store and do some shopping, after all, LEGO is fun for all ages.
- Have a teen that loves all things bath salts and beauty? Be sure to check out BASIN.Bath salts and bath bombs galore, even some that will leave you floating in a tub full of Mickey Mouse confetti! How fun.
- Need to get active or blow off a little steam? Splitsville, the luxury bowling alley should be on your must do list.
Reserve a lane in advance to be sure you don’t miss out on some good old-fashioned fun.
- To keep an eye on the main stage for daily live entertainment options.
- To take the opportunity to shop for souvenirs! There can’t be a better collection of shops anywhere for any and all types of Disney souvenirs. Our tradition is to see who can find the very best hat!
- To allow time to just wander.
- Remember where you parked. The on-site parking facility is massive and offers free parking! Do yourself a favor and take a quick picture of your parking spot so you can find your car after a long day of exploring.
- Grab a map. You don’t want to miss a thing.
- Where and When To Eat. If you have your heart set on one of the most popular restaurants, like T-REX: A Prehistoric Family Adventure and The Boat House, consider making reservations ahead of time or eating off hours.
All in all, we think you will need about half a day to fully explore all that Disney Springs has to offer. Happy Travels!