The following giveaway is open to Canada only.
Sometimes a successful lunch means you have to think outside the box. Everyone tires of the same old boring sandwiches for lunchtime, so why not mix it up a bit, get creative, allow yourself to be inspired by some of your favourite products. When we hit a lunchtime slump in this house, I often start thinking about how I can make mealtime more fun for everyone. Here’s one of my new favourite tricks using San Daniele® Mortadella and a beautiful focaccia bread. We create Mini Mortadella Sandwich Bites!
The star of the show is the San Daniele Mortadella, this deli meat is gently prepared and cooked to savoury perfection using the finest ingredients available and their time-honoured Italian recipe. It’s baked slowly to create just the right balance of subtle flavour and traditional taste. Just one taste and you can tell this deli meat is made with the care and attention San Daniele® is known for. I pair it with Focaccia bread. Focaccia is a dense, flat oven-baked Italian bread quite similar in texture to pizza dough. It’s rich in flavour and wonderful when topped with olive oil and dried herbs.
Here’s the very simple way to create your very own Mortadella Sandwich Bites:
- 1 package San Daniele Mortadella
- Butter – softened
- Dijon mustard
- Focaccia Bread (you can make your own or do what I did and pick up a lovely loaf at the grocery store)
- Long fancy toothpicks
- Cut your focaccia bread into small squares.
- Cut each square in half, creating a top and bottom.
- Prep the bread by spreading one side lightly with butter, the other side with a dab of Dijon.
- Slice your San Daniele Mortadella into strips and heat gently in a skillet.
- Fold San Daniele Mortadella strips onto the focaccia bread and secure with your long toothpick
- Insider Tip: Want to send these in the lunch box? Simply skip the heating step!
Here’s what I like about San Daniele Mortadella:
- It uses only the best cuts of Pork.
- Mortadella has its characteristic white pieces of fat. However, it does not contain saturated fats or cholesterol.
- It does not contain any fillers or artificial colours so I feel great giving it to my family.
Now that you have a new recipe I’m sure you would love to try, so I have some great news for you! Follow this link to access for more information about Mastro and San Daniele Italian Deli Meats on Instagram and Facebook and while you are there grab a $1.00 off coupon! Pst They are sharing some great ideas for #MastroSchoolDays.
Even more fun news! One lucky reader of How To Survive Life In The Suburbs will WIN a Tote Bag, Cutting Board and 3 x $1 off coupons. Just perfect to get you started on your next cooking adventure. To enter by commenting below: What do you do when you’re stumped for lunchtime ideas? Do you have lunchtime favourites? Turn to your favourite bloggers for ideas? Ask a friend for inspiration? Then use the rafflecopter form provided to earn those extra entries.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is open to Canadians only, excluding Quebec, and to all those who have reached the age of majority in their Province. Limit of one entry form per household. Closes October 13, 2017.