Ellie The Puppy Meets Her Match! ~ #DysonClean

As a Mama who spends her time loving, living and working from home there are a few things I just don’t skimp on.  I need good coffee.  Great light.  A fast and reliable lap-top and a vacuum with a difference.  This my friends was way I was actually excited to hear that Dyson has done it again with the evolution of the upright vacuum and launch of the Dyson Big Ball Animal 2.  It’s perfect for homes with families, pets and those with allergies and asthma, and fits right into my home and busy lifestyle.

The lovely people of Dyson sent me a pretty, yes a pretty, full size upright vacuum to test out and review.  After snapping this little baby together (with only minimal assistance from my teenage daughter) I was ready to go.

I turned on this piece of equipment and low and behold, I felt joy?  The Dyson Vacuum uses ball technology.  What this means for me?  It easily twists and turns around the tightest of corners.  The entire vacuum was light enough to lift up my stairs, and WHAT? Went from rug to hardwood, (Yes, it does both! ), without making any big equipment changes!  The self-adjusting cleaner features a base plate that automatically adapts to the floor surface, creating a seal to remove dust from hard floors, but still protecting delicate surfaces.  Winning.

Not only that!  This thing sucks.  Literally!  Before I was done my very first room, I needed to change out the canister (hangs head in shame) This vacuum was clearly sucking out some dirt that had been left behind by my previous inferior piece of err vacuum! Lucky for me, emptying the canister is as simple as a click! No messy bags to deal with, no running to the store to buy refills.  I was back to cleaning in no time.  And clean I did.  Dyson Clean.

I vacuumed hardwood, ceramic, rugs and stairs.  I used attachments for blinds and discovered I have an attachment for pets!  Eek!  Perhaps I am a Domestic Goddess after all, because I am truly loving this vacuum.

Other fab features of this sleek machine:

• The Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 has the strongest suction of any other vacuum in Canada.
  • Self-adjusting cleaner head seals in suction across carpets and hard floors. The powerful motorized brush bar deep cleans carpets.
  • Ball technology allows easy manoeuvring around furniture, obstacles and helps reach difficult places.
  • Designed for homes with pets Tangle-free Turbine tool removes hair from carpets and upholstery.
  • The quick release hose and wand stretches to clean high places and awkward gaps.
  • Groom tool this pet-friendly tool removes loose hair directly from your dog before it’s shed around the home.
  • Radial Root Cyclone technology increases airflow to maximize suction and capture fine dust.
  • Hygienic bin emptying.  Just push the button to release the dirt.

Not only did I get to try out all the fabulous features of this little whiz of a vacuum, but I was able to share my experience with a friend.  Thanks to Dyson I was able to gift a Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 to one of my SassyGirlfriends.  The hardest choice?  Who to give it to.  After a little consideration, my choice was clear.  I had to gift this incredible little machine to a friend who just recently expanded her family.  World, meet Ellie.

Ellie.  Meet Dyson.  Oh and Oscar the cat too!

No one deserves a Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 more then the owners of a brand new ball of fur.  My girlfriend was shocked, surprised, overjoyed.  And that was before she even plugged it in!!!  The Dyson has already made a huge difference in her life.  Making cleaning up after her wee pets faster, easier and just a little bit more fun.  Reports are that this new wonderful vacuum “cleans better than any vacuum she has ever owned and the motor is much quieter“.  My friend also reports when she’s running her new favourite vacuum “it’s so quiet it does not scare the puppy!  A huge deal!”  As if that wasn’t enough even her sons are now willing to help out with the vacuuming chores around the house.  Cleaning up after the puppy is now faster and easier, making her life just a little bit sweeter.  Thanks to this gift, her house is now truly Dyson Clean!

Verdict:  Life is better with a Dyson.

This vacuum is easy to use, has a lengthy electrical cord, which I love.  Is light enough that even someone like me with a bit of a nagging back injury can haul around, and most importantly it cleans like no other piece of equipment I have brought into my house.  Moving seamlessly from hardwood to carpet saves me time in my day, and finally awards me that Domestic Goddess status.  The Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 really does make a difference to your everyday life, taking my rugs from clean to Dyson Clean,  and is now SassyModernMom approved.

Are you currently frustrated with your vacuum?  I want you to think about that one for a while!  I’ll be back next week with a HUGE announcement.  (Hint:  A MASSIVE GIVEAWAY ~ because I want you to have the chance to live life….Dyson Clean.

Disclosure:  I was provided with a Dyson in order to facilitate this review.  Opinions reflected i this post are my own.

Comments

1. Aw Ellie and Oscar are adorable! I am a big fan of Dyson (we have their humidifier and fan) but we’ve never tried their vacuums! My husband and I can’t bring ourselves to trash our vacuum yet … because it still works. It’s not great, it doesn’t have a handy groom tool (we have a pekingese and he sheds quite a bit so that feature sound amazing!) like this Dyson, but it still works.

2. Susan L says:

I’ve always wanted one of those Dysons. I had no idea they had a grooming tool?

3. I absolutely love my Dyson Animal 2! I swear the house smells better after I vacuum and the amount of dirt it collects in one session is amazing…err embarassing! I can’t believe the deep clean and after seeing what my old vacuum was missing, it was placed at the curb.

4. Cheryl H says:

I love how it goes from hardwood to carpet, we have a lot of carpet in our house and our vacuum doesn’t do a good job cleaning it, I can only imagine what the dyson would be able to get from our carpets even though we clean them daily

5. Laurie P says:

I used a Dyson at a friends house once, totally put mine to shame. Once you’ve used a Dyson, nothing else compares!

6. Shirley p says:

7. Melissa Dupuis says:

Aww what a cute puppy!
    I definitely need a Dyson in my life, would make cleaning so much easier. With a family of 4 and us being animal lovers. We need a vacuum that can suck! Ps. What type of pup is ellie?? Adorable!!!!

8. Marisa. P says:

Oh that cute face!!!

9. Alayne Langford says:

Firstly, this pup is adorable! Secondly, I need a Dyson in my life to combat the hair, dust and whatever else lurks in my shag carpets from my shaggy fur babies!!

10. Ellie and Oscar are just too cute! This vacuum really sounds like it solves all the usual vacuum problems. I am in desperate need of one that actually does what it promises. I’ve always had issues with vacuums losing suction quickly bup since we adopted our pup, Layla, it is an even bigger problem.

11. ivy pluchinsky says:

I have always wanted a Dyson vacuum! I hear they are great.

OMG those two furbabies are very cute! We have 2 dogs and 2 cats so a Dyson would definitely be put to good use in this house. Love them but hate the hair!

13. Brenda A says:

Oh your furry friends are so cute and have totally met their match for hair control! I would proudly say my Dyson really sucks. That’s what I am after!

This would be a great vacuum to have, I have 3 dogs and 1 cat, so things can get a little hairy around here and my vacuum is missing the attachments so it’s hard to do anything good!!

15. I’d give up my first born, second born and third born and possibly my right arm for one of these vacuums. I said I never would but desperate times call for desperate measures. Love the sound of that Tangle-free Turbine tool. I sure need that to remove all Tracker’s hair from my carpets and fabric couch and chair. Plus the fact that it easily goes from carpet to hardwood floors is a big bonus and feature that I love.

16. Elizabeth Vlug says:

Ellie is adorable. Now my vacuum. Old, ancient really. I am surprised I can still buy replacement bags for it. But changing the bags are a PIA, and messy!!! Dyson is a trusted brand……one day.

17. Debbie WhiteBeattie says:

I would love to have this vacuum because I have a cat and dog and they both shed like crazy and especially right now with spring here. The vacuuming is done 3 times a week and it’s definitely not enough because my vacuum is old and not made to specifically pick up hair.
    By the way Ellie is adorable and she looks like my neighbors dog a wheaten terrier and the cat looks like my cat so I can sympathize with her and how much hair she had in her house before the Dyson came into her life, lucky girl !

18. HEIDI C. says:

We have a pug who sheds hair just standing in one spot. We also have two long-hair cats that live to shed as well. This vacuum sounds like it would be a miracle worker for picking up all the dratted hair.

19. Ellie and Oscar are both too cute! Your friend is very lucky! We have two cats (one short hair, one long hair) and I think the short haired cat sheds just as much hair as the long haired cat, if not more. One of the cats is deathly afraid of our current vacuum, especially since it sounds like an airplane landing in our house. The other one couldn’t care less, but I’m sure she’d appreciate a quieter vacuum too! (As would I! 🙂 )

20. Super cute dogs! I could really use this! I am currently vaccuum shopping and am going to check this one out some more, thanks!

21. I absolutely love that it’s like an air cleaner vacuum in one machine. Dyson Big Ball Animal would be a miracle in a house of 8 rescued cats and men who track in dirt!

22. Kristi F says:

I love that it has a groom tool! I never knew they had that. Would be great for us since we have two larger shedding dogs.

23. kristen visser says:

oh my gosh!! they are adorable!! and to enter your question YES! beyond frustrated. Our vacuum is so heavy it is hard to lug up and down the stairs and it hardly does the job. carpets still don’t look as clean and fresh as they should after vacuuming

24. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

How I’d love one of these dogs, woops no I mean a Dyson. My present vacuum is big, heavy and cumbersome to boot. I daren’t even try it on the stairs as that’s an accident about to happen.

25. That is one furry little pooch. Absolutely adorable looking too!

26. Tania B says:

Your puppy is adorable. I like the fact that the Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 has a self-adjusting cleaning head – just makes sense.

27. So cute!

28. Dorothy H says:

I want to have the chance to live life….Dyson Clean.

29. Kim Tanti says:

Ellie is so cute. I had a dog that would shed in clumps of long fur. He loved to sit and let me vacuum him.

30. Jaimeem says:

Such a cute puppers. My dog was always afraid of vacuums- my cat is even worse off

31. Brenda Haines says:

I miss having a good vacuum! We have 2 Bassets and 3 cats in the house and I need something that can pick up all that hair!

32. Laurie P says:

Everything about this Dyson is super impressive! Once you’ve tried Dyson, nothing else compares!

33. kathy downey says:

Ellie and Oscar are so adorable,i have always wanted a Dyson in my life

34. I kinda want the puppy as much as the vacuum! Is that wrong?

35. We would love one of these Dyson’s in our house. Our vacuum is way too loud and scares the dogs.

36. Having to borrow a vacuum every time I need to vacuum just sucks(pun intended)! I need a new vacuum…badly! Especially this one, it would do wonders around here.

37. mongupp says:

wow i could really use a dyson vacuum! especially on the stairs!

38. Janice Cournoyer says:

I have a few house pets and I really have trouble keeping up with the hair. I would love to try a Dyson.

39. Catheirne Robichaud says:

I have been dreaming about a Dyson vacuum for years. I have 2 indoor all white cats that shed year round and a dog who also adds to the fur that is constantly floating around the house. I really love that this model has a groom tool that would hopefully end my fight with all this fur.

40. Melinda says:

Dyson products offer the best technology and I would love to own this vacuum!

41. Carole D. says:

I love Dyson, I have the V6 and love the performance, I only wish it would stay charge longer as I can’t do the whole house at once.

42. Oh gosh – the puppy is adorable 🙂

43. Kirsty Connor says:

Cat hair and trapped smells in my hoover is my big problem!

44. Your pets are adorable! I have a couple of little rascals myself but I absolutely love that the Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 is quiet so as not to frighten them. I also like that it ‘san air cleaner vacuum in one machine.This is an awesome vacuum cleaner!

45. travelbuds says:

My kids and I are looking to adopt a 4 legged family member. This is what I need.

46. Rebecca Roberts says:

Your puppy is adorable! I definitely need this vacuum considering I am a cat sitter and furballs are a huge fact of life!

47. We have fur balls floating like tumbleweed around the house if we miss vacuuming for a few days.We need this vacuum to help us with that and our pets would love the grooming feature too!

48. I swear there is so much hair in my house that I probably should just go ahead and buy the vacuum made for pets. 🙄

49. Andrea D says:

This would help so much in cleaning up after my pup! I swear he’s a walking, shedding furball! Hehehe.

50. I love all of th features found in this vacuum. It sounds like a great investment. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed 💕

51. Janice Cournoyer says:

I need a Dyson. The animal hair here is so hard to keep up with.

52. Andrea Amy says:

Ellie and Oscar are so cute! We have 2 black cats, this looks like it would be such a great vacuum!

53. I have 3 kids, 2 cats and a fairly large, mostly carpeted house (including the stairs!). I need this in my life!

54. Luzviminda Gunter-Smith says:

My myself having a long hair and add the loving fur baby in the house, that create a problem in all over the place, it stuck to the carpet and our central vacuum did not even pick it up, not powerful enough how much more those dirt. So I like the feature that this is handy not to get the long cord from the basement, powerful with those turbine and most of all no more dirty bags, I always wish for this but can’t afford at the moment. Oh to add our old central vacuum is also not yet tested if it still work after flooding in the basement early this month. I NEED THIS AND WILL VERY HELPFUL TO LIGHTEN MY LOAD OF CHORES IN THE HOUSE.

55. Doris Humber says:

I’ve always wanted a Dyson….someday I hope 🙂

56. Shirley P says:

Oscar and Ellie are very cute and the dyson will probably get great use with having 2 lovely animals.

57. Wayne Couzens says:

I am an animal lover and have always had pets. You have adorable pets

58. Calvin F. says:

Love that it has a long cord and is bag less.

59. Lisa Nelson says:

OMG, Ellie’s such a cute dog. What breed or mix is she??

60. Krista M says:

I just love how Dyson has created the most innovative technology of this generation, changing the entire concept of household items. This Animal Ball 2 looks to be no exception. Powerful, amazing suction, & the ability to maneuver easily all over the house!

61. Mike Gismondi says:

This looks like a great vacuum cleaner!

62. As much as a need a vacuum(I have to borrow one) I would give this to my mother. She needs it more than I.

63. Savannah says:

Awe Ellie and Oscar are cutie pies

64. Alison Braidwood says:

The faces on the pets make me laugh. I have two cats; one who doesn’t care AT ALL when the vacuum comes out. The other one runs for the hills.

65. travelbuds says:

Ellie and Oscar are so cute and good that they will sit that close to a vacuum. My dog won’t go anywhere near mine. What’s the sound like on the Dyson?

66. My cat is terrified of vacuums!

67. Lushka Smith says:

Dyson, the Cadillac of vacuums!

68. Shirley P says:

Dyson are great vacumn

69. Dorothy H says:

Awh.. That sucks!

70. Cheryl Grandy says:

I love a vacuum that has strong suction – cat hair covers everything in our house! This sounds like a vacuum that would help me win the battle against cat hair.

71. Abbie N says:

I would love a Dyson we have pet hair galore.

72. Shirley P says:

Ellie and Oscar are cute and probably happy that their not frightened by a noisy vacumn Dyson are a great vacumn with a lot of useful attachments

73. Great review,my cat hates vacuums :).

74. Aimee Perrin says:

Mine throws dust everywhere

75. September Dee says:

Ellie the puppy is adorable! I have a dog and would surely appreciate using this
    Dyson in the house!!!

76. Katie E says:

that is soooo cute!!! i wish i could have a pet

77. I was so excited to learn about the grooming tool. The features of this vacuum are like no other.I would love to have a Dyson!

78. This is such an amazing vacuum… and your dog is adorable!

79. Luzviminda Gunter-Smith says:

Such great vacuum that will help me in doing day to day clean up, love your dog, same with my dog too

80. Shirley P says:

Ellie and Oscar are adoable I am sure your friend will enjoy having a great vacumn

81. Doreen Lamoureux says:

I have wanted to try a Dyson for quite awhile now. Your review has me that much closer.
    By the way, I love your fur babies.

82. Darren Scrubb says:

Cute looking dog sitting next to the vacuum.

83. Treen Goodwin says:

I would so love to own a Dyson , we have so much fur on the beds and furniture , and getaway tumbleweeds floating around , this would so make life so much easier 🙂

84. ivy pluchinsky says:

Such a cute puppy!

85. janine a says:

cutest puppy!! I’ve heard so many great things about these vaccuums!