Measuring Life In Beeps

Have you ever thought about all the glorious moments that happen amongst the symphony of beeps?  Here’s how INTERAC Flash is helping me keep pace with my wonderful, busy, wouldn’t change a thing life.

I live with a dancer.  My 15 year old daughter.  Among the many things she has taught me is that there is a whole other world out there and it’s name is “Dance”.  Dance competition weekends are fierce, fabulous and fast.  They are adrenaline filled and all consuming.  They are a way of life.  We are now a full fledged Dance Family.  This past weekend, was our first big dance competition of the season and it did not disappoint.  It was exhausting, exciting and over in the blink of an eye.

The morning of the competition, my daughter and I were up at the crack of dawn, bags packed and we hit the road.  We programmed the GPS and made a quick stop for gas and a pack of gum *beep*.  Then we had a smooth two hour drive to our dance venue.  Only one stop extra along the way.  Coffee and cookies were required.  *beep*  We seamlessly checked into our hotel *beep*, unpacked all that dance gear, did hair and make-up, and prepared for an epic weekend of performances.

As my daughter dashed off to rehearse her first number I purchased a program *beep* and selected my seat.  With a big sigh I was ready to take in the magic of these young artists who have been preparing for this weekend all year long.  Is it wrong that I was the one with butterflies?  One by one the elegant dancers took the stage, pouring their hearts and souls into their performances.  The audience cheered them on, the dancers bowed gracefully.  500 acts packed into one spectacular three day event.

Breaks throughout the dance competition allowed for some incredible Mother/Daughter time, moments that I know I will treasure forever.  Long walks through new neighbourhoods, stops for frozen yogurts *beep*, chats with friends, and pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

Before long, the weekend was over and it was time to pack up the car once again, head home and back to reality.  Unpack that dance bag and start preparing for the next big dance competition that will be here before we know it.

This weekend, like so many others, whipped by in a flash.  Goals were met, adventures were had and sweet memories were made.  I’m thankful for each and every one.  Each step of the way INTERAC Flash kept pace with my busy life and helped me move seamlessly though my weekend.  Saving me time in payment moments so I could move on and savour all of life’s other moments being measured by a symphony of glorious beeps.

I will continue to use INTEAC Flash in my every day and make the most of every beep….because life shouldn’t have to wait.

Disclosure:  This was a sponsored post but as always all thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog remain my own.

Comments

1. Amy Heffernan says:

Interac flash is awesome!

2. My gosh…that video is so sweet. Life really does move by quickly doesn’t it? Love this.

3. loucheryl says:

The picture above of your daughter in her ballet uniform is stunning! I used to do ballet when I was little. Life is moving too quickly for my liking. I have two boys and my youngest starts JK in September. He’s my baby. I’m going to be a mess that day. It’s been eight years for me being a SAHM and having someone home with me every day. In September this all changes. I causes me anxiety when I think too much about it.

Thank you so much! (I love that picture too) And I remember the day my youngest started JK. My advice, wear very dark sunglasses and after you drop him off go reward yourself with a great big latte, you’ve earned it! It’s a new stage of life and I promise you will get through it!

It’s truly amazing how fast life is moving, sometimes all we can do is hang on and enjoy the ride.

4. I wish my mom felt the same about my obsession with ballroom dancing… She later said she missed seeing me dancing, but the years I spent dancing were nothing but frustration for her. We didn’t have a car though and spent ours on public transport 5 days a week going to the opposite side of the big city for my classes. And the competitions… the best time of my life 🙂
    You are the coolest mom ever, Stephanie!

• *Hours* of cause 🙂

Sometimes it’s hard to see the moments that we will treasure the most while we are in them. Bless your Mom for using public transport for helping you to make those dancing dreams come true. This dance way of life is such a commitment isn’t it? Thanks for the kind words 🙂 Off to another dance competition today!

5. Kristy R says:

Love the video. Mine are still little (all 5 and under) but it’s amazing how fast they grow up.

It honestly feels like yesterday when I was dropping my youngest off at JK. Now I’m making plans for her 16th Birthday! It flys by!

6. I love this video. It makes me stop and think every single time.