Easter is a time for celebration, to gather with family and of course to indulge in some fabulous treats. Traditionally, little one’s get to wake up to gorgeous Easter Baskets stuffed full of goodness and head out on epic Easter Egg Hunts. As the kiddos get a little older, those Easter Egg Hunts are no more and the traditional Easter Baskets just don’t pack the same punch. Don’t want any one to feel left out? Here are a few non-traditional twists for a more grown-up Easter Basket sure to keep all your “little” people happy and leave you with that happy Mama glow.
For the Spa Lover:
- SMASHBOX Photo Matte Eyes Palette
- So Laque Glossy Nail Enamel in a fun colour with an emery board and Lemon & Cream Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream.
- Face Mask like the Dragon’s Blood Eye Mask Single
- A Natural Loofah Sponge and Bubble Bath – Why not try some Philosophy coconut frosting shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath. Oh my yum!
- Candle and a magazine.
The beautiful thing, you can find everything you need for this basket at Shoppers Drug Mart.
For the person who loves to travel:
- Swell Water Bottle
- Passport Cover
- Ear Buds – by Beats
- Luggage Tags – Kate Spade of course!
- Fuzzy Socks -to keep those feet warm and cozy on long flights.
- Comfort Travel Kit by Arborist
- Flip Flops, Sunscreen, KIND Granola Bars, Gum and Mints.
Most of these items can be picked up in one fell swoop on your next trip to Indigo!
For the bookworm on your list:
- A fabulous new release book
- A personal book light that can be clipped right to that novel.
- Puzzle – I think I need to add this Cookie Puzzle to my personal shopping list!
- Super Soft Reading Throw
If you’re feeling truly creative you can stuff it all into a fabulous tote instead of a traditional basket. All items in this basket were found at Indigo.
For the artist in the family:
- An adult colouring book like Blossom Magic.
- Craft cord to make Friendship Bracelets.
- Soft pastels, Coloured Pencils and Sketch books.
- A starter Water Colour Set and canvas to create on.
- A bundle of gorgeous wool and knitting needles.
Everything you need to create this basket can be found at Michaels!
For the Spouse:
Traditionally one of the hardest people to shop for on your list? The man. Here are some cute ideas to help make his Easter a little sweeter this year. Tip: Feeling very creative? Create this gift in a wicker picnic basket for two. (maybe he won’t notice this one is a bit of a gift for you too!)
- A bottle of wine and a fancy new wine opener. This Ozeri Regalia Corkscrew Wine Opener looks fabulous.
- Man Law 3-Piece Stainless Steel Barbeque Tool Set, BBQ sauce, and seasonings.
- Chocolate Covered Almonds.
- Beef Jerky or Pepperettes.
- Any new video game for that X-Box.
- Scratch Lottery Tickets (the real one’s not the fake because that’s just mean!)
- A gift card for two for the movies.
- Novelty Socks. It may sound cliche, but my man loves socks!
In a hurry? You can find most of these items at Walmart Canada!
Of course don’t forget to stock up on the traditional Easter candy and round out those baskets with a few of your loves favourites; Cadbury Easter Cream Eggs, Mini Whopper Eggs, Reese Peanut Butter Eggs, Cadbury Mini Eggs, Peeps and Hollow Chocolate Easter Bunnies – Because. Tradition.
Wishing you all a Happy Twisted Easter!