Do you want to know why your wife looks so tired? Why her fuse is so short and why she is kind of “stomp-ey” when you get home from work? It’s not really that big a mystery. Nope, not rocket science. And truthfully, it’s not even your fault. It’s just the reality of the crush she sometimes feels of the repetitiveness, of the crap, that is weighing down her every day and making her want to pull her hair out. Let’s save the women and Mama’s of the world a grown-up temper tantrum and just get this off our chest shall we? Here are the things making the Mama’s of the suburbs just a wee bit insane today:
- When you take off your underwear and hop in the shower. Put those dirty undies IN the laundry basket
- Do not leave laundry IN the washing machine until it turns into some kind of science experiment. If you start a load of laundry, just finish the damn thing. Wash. Dry. Fold. Maybe even put it away. It’s not that complicated.
- Dishes belong IN the dishwasher. Not on the counter on top of the dishwasher!
- If the dishwasher is full. EMPTY IT!
- If the milk bag is empty. RE-FILL it!
- When you leave a room TURN OFF the lights.
- Notice the printer is out of ink? TELL SOMEONE. There is no magic ink fairy? How do you think this stuff gets replaced?
- Finish the roll of toilet paper? RE-PLACE it!
- Notice the fridge is always full of food, and most nights there is some kind of plan for dinner? (most nights) The occasional thank you would go a long way.
Simply be mindful, be sweet, lend a hand and maybe make dinner now and again. You’d be surprised how far a little kindness, a dance in the kitchen, the shock of an empty dishwasher might go.