The Winding Streets Of Paris, Le Sigh

Have you ever felt as if you have walked onto a movie set?  This was the overwhelming feeling I had as I strolled the winding streets of Paris, holding hands with the love of my life, immersed in the sites and sounds of this glorious city.

WindingStreets

Around each corner, a new surprise, more beauty. P1000150P1000156

Hours were lost wandering with a map in one hand, a cappuccino in the other.  Window shopping had never been so intoxicating.    ParisWalk4

Paris casts a spell on you.  The architecture, cobblestone streets, art galleries, monuments, gardens, cafe’s and the food!   So much to see, never enough time.  P1000128

FountainConcorde

We tried to act like locals, laughed at ourselves.  Practised  our terrible French and loved every second of it.

This trip was almost three years ago!  So why the throw back to the epic trip to Paris?  (besides my obvious obsession with the city?) We have begun to make our travel plans  for 2015, and as all planners do, we are dreaming big!  Europe is back on the top of the list!  This summer my “babies” will be 16 and 13 years old! Yikes!  So I need to know, what’s on your Family Travel Bucket List?  Do you want to show the world to your family?  If you were dreaming big, where would you go?  After all, it never hurts to dream!

Comments

1. Always good to dream big! 🙂

2. my dream is small at the moment because the kids are small Disney World next winter after that we can dream bigger

3. Karen Evans says:

My dream for a long time, was to go to Australia. Never going to happen, but it’s nice to dream. Thank you for sharing your pictures and comments with us 🙂

4. One day I would love to go on an Alaskan cruise!

5. I just got chills. I am thrilled for you. I can’t wait to go back someday. My trip was three years ago just after yours and I think about going back all the time. Love your photos!

Right now my dream would be to take a road trip across Canada! Not sure when it will happen but hopefully one day!

7. Amy Heffernan says:

WOW~! It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!

8. How I miss Paris, I used to go often when I lived in England

9. what a dream that must have been. love travel and the planning process too.

10. I love going on vacation, and having experiences like that! There’s so much to see and do.

11. loucheryl says:

I would love to go to Hawaii one day. This is going to be a long way away though.

12. nicolthepickle says:

Wow, it looks like a lovely trip and, enjoy the next trip.
    I went to Holland when I was 17 and that was amazing as well, all the good coffee and cobblestones.

13. That would be an amazing trip. Your pictures make me want to go, but it would be in my dreams.

14. Zztheresa Black says:

That would be such an amazing trip 🙂 I would shop until I dropped.

15. I have never been to Paris but really want to. My mom has been there and can’t seem to stop talking about it arghhh!

16. Sherry Kinnear says:

I would love to take my daughter to Rome. We have talked about it a lot and have plans.

I want to go to Paris and other parts of Europe so badly!!

I loved Paris. I worked & lived in Germany in the 80’s so got to visit lots of fabulous cities and towns

19. I love Paris. I’ve been four or five times (I used to live in the UK), and never get tired of it.

20. Never have been to Paris, but it is on my list

21. Haven’t been YET but plan on it somebody

22. Hubby has been to Europe and wants to take me there

23. Beautiful pictures.

24. Beautiful pictures! I am glad you had such a great time there! I have never been to Paris but I would love to go with my love as well!

Do you think you’ll visit Paris again or another city in Europe?

26. maybe next year, have plans for the rest of the year

27. Your pictures are so clear! Great job!

28. Michelle L says:

Its a beautiful city for sure.

29. I want to take my kids to Jamaica, my birth country.

30. Just spoke to my sister so in February all 4 of us are off to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, I guess Paris will have to wait

31. I always like to dream big as there is nothing wrong with dreaming big

32. Kirsten Glasbergen says:

Beautiful!! I would love to go to Paris one day. It is definitely on my bucket list.

33. Seriously, PARIS??? Wow. You were one lucky lady! The architecture, the sI doubt I will ever get there in my lifetime! But I’d LOVE for my kids to see the world.. especially a historical place like Egypt.

34. Id love to see the world and travel to paris

35. Stephanie says:

I went to Europe (on a cruise) for the first time a bit over 2 years ago, and I’m already dreaming of going back. But life gets in the way and the money always seems to go somewhere else… Need to save up to make it happen!

36. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

I absolutely loved Paris when I was there, the architecture is amazing. I was lucky as I had a guided tour from my future son-in-law, so I was driven around, taken out for coffee and meals a wonderful experience.

37. Debbie White Beattie says:

Paris has so much history and beauty. It’s the architecture and cobblestone streets that amaze me. I try to think about the people from hundreds of years ago.