While We Wait…

I know, I know!  I owe you all an explanation!  Where is this new puppy you keep blathering on about?  Well, he is coming, I swear!!  However there has been a small delay and it looks like it will be a few more days before our family grows by one more.  For now, it felt appropriate to throw it back to our first fur baby.

Maddy

This little black lab owned our hearts for almost 13 years, how lucky are we.  Is there anything better than a dog that loves you with their whole heart? Imagine if everyone was as happy to see you as your dog when you walk in the door?  Pups may be a lot of work, but oh my goodness the love they give!!  It’s decided, I am forever a dog person.

WWSweetGirlAndMaddyMaddyandAlexa2009MaddyAndPhineas

Consider yourself warned; many more puppy posts to come!

PS The cat is pretty great too!

Comments

1. We lost our beloved dog many years ago and we still miss him, we decided not to get another dog as we like to travel so now have a beautiful cat, not quite the same as having a dog but boy does she require a lot of attention, lol!

oh I love these pictures. we had an amazing black lab for 14 yrs. as much as I love my lab abbey and my chihuahua Ruby they can never compare to Peggy that dog was so smart kind gentle. I still miss her.

3. Maureen Anderson says:

How on earth do you get them to pose like that. LOL. Beautiful animals.

it’s like a private parade every time I walk into the house, even if I have only walked to the end of the driveway to check the mail box

5. There is nothing like a dogs love! Completely unconditional and only wants love in return. I’m lucky to have cats that think they’re puppies, lol. As I can’t have a dog at the moment due to lack of room. Lovely photos and beautiful post! Can’t wait to see all the photos of your new puppy!

6. Sweet photos. Can’t wait for you to get your new guy!

7. Margaret Imecs says:

Love the photos! Beautiful lab! I know it’s heartbreaking to loose a pet who gives you so much and expects little in return. I’ve been there and it’s still hurts.

8. Love the pic of the 2 of them
    It must be so hard to wait

9. Angie Andrews says:

I am a big lover of dogs, but with a family of 4 living in a townhouse this is very practical at this point in time.

Can’t wait to see the pics of your new addition, hopefully you get to pick him up soon!

11. Awww. So adorable. I love almost all animals but cats are my jam. I still say hello to any dog I meet on the street though. Funny, my cat is very dog-like (he is a Somali FYI) and he is permanently attached to my hubby. If he doesn’t get pets when my hubby gets home he cries like a dog would whimper. So funny!

12. I don’t mind cats but I love dogs!

aww.. such a sweet face. I know no pet replaces another, but they can help fill a huge hole a little… and lift you up with such sweet love!

14. LOVE the photos and posts about the doggie! LOVE the photo of the kitty with the doggie too!

15. Darrah Bailey says:

So cute! I know your pain all too well 🙂

16. Awwwww cute pictures! I love taking pictures of my two white westies too! I just got my second one and they are like twins and super cute!

17. You must be so anxious for your new arrival!

18. that’s a cute doggie

19. I can’t wait to for the puppy’s arrival and all the hijinx he’ll be up too!!!

20. Labs seem quite popular as first dogs. My first dog was a chocolate lab, and my husbands was a black lab. Now I want a puppy.

21. Treen Goodwin says:

Its hard to lose a pet , i have been there … i feel for you , cute puppy 🙂

22. What a nice trio of pets! You have been blessed with some lovely animals.

23. Love the bottom picture of the two of them, so cute!!

24. The puppy is so cute

25. Micheal Lefebvre says:

Very nice pictures love the puppy!

26. Aww what a beautiful pet family! I love dogs too. We can’t have pets in our townhouse & it makes me sad my kids aren’t growing up with a dog like I did. I think it’s important to grow up loving a pet.

cant wait to see new puppy and itty together

Gorgeous black lab. It’s always such a delight to be able to grow up surrounded by a loving pet.

What a beautiful dog. I hope your new addition brings you just as much joy!

30. There’s nothing like the love of a dog <3