Top 10 Insider Tips For Beaches Resort, Turks & Caicos #BeachesMoms

Is there such a thing as a perfect luxury all inclusive family vacation?  Turns out the answer is a resounding yes. My family of four, two very particular adults and two girls ages 15 and 13, just returned from a five day stay a the Beaches Resort Turks and Caicos, and we had the time of our lives! Located on a 12 mile stretch of the picture perfect Grace Bay Beach in the Providenciales Islands, Beaches Resorts promises and delivers luxury, pampering and above all else, five star service.

BeachesTurks1

Here is my list of insider tips, what you need to know, to get the most out of your luxury stay and give you the vacation you have been dreaming about.

1. Accommodations:  There are accommodations to suit every style and price point at the Beaches Turks and Caicos.  The resort is divided into four Villages all with their own ambiance and charm;  Key West, Italian, Caribbean and French.  Find a village that suites your style and a suite that fits your family.  Rooms range in price from the most expensive in the Key West Village, that can have you tricked out in a Villa with multiple bedrooms and a semi-private pool, to a more wallet friendly room with a garden view in the Caribbean section.

IMG_1159

IMG_1181

Insider Tip: No matter the room you choose, remember two things; you won’t spend much time in your room and deals can always be found on the Beaches website.

2. This resort is truly All Inclusive: Leave your wallet at home.  Meals, drinks, tips, snorkelling, Camp Sesame,  Scuba, Pool Entertainment, in room safe, specialty nights, paddle boards, pool loungers, hammocks, and transportation.  Truly everything is included.

IMG_2440IMG_2502IMG_1154

Insider tips: There is no saving of chairs at this resort! How refreshing!  No need to hunt for pool or beach chairs, they are plentiful and there are always some available.  Even the coveted loungers with shade at the beach can be found, again at no extra charge.  Second tip, the only reason you may want to bring your wallet is if you are interested in hiring a nanny for a couple of hours, are craving a stop at the spa, or desire to do a little shopping at the many sundry shops.

3. Water Sports:  I was travelling with two active teens.  At most “all inclusives”  there are a lot of hidden upcharges for every water sport you want to dive into.  At Beaches Turks and Caicos, paddle boards, Hobbie Cats, Hydro Bikes, scuba, and snorkelling are included!

BeachesTurks2

Insider Tip:  Simply can’t wait to get your snorkel on?  You can sign out snorkelling equipment beachside and take a ten minute walk down the beach.  There you will come across a stunning reef with fabulous snorkelling! This is the perfect place to try snorkelling for the first time, and  at your own pace.  Mind the current and take life jackets if you’re not a strong swimmer!

4. Dining:  There are 19 restaurants and 12 bars!  Wow!  There was no way we could get to all of them in our five days, but we did try!  Some of our favourite meals were at Marino’s, Arizona’s, Barefoot by the Sea, Bayside, Schooners, The Cricketers Pub, Bobby Dee’s, and Cafe de Paris.

BeachesTurkBobbyDeesTCBareFootOnTheBeach

Insider Tips:  Don’t want to give up precious pool time but need a bite to eat?  Head to the courtyard and order yourself a quick pizza to go from DINO’s!  Pizza made to order in a wood burning oven.  Craving a special dinner with a side of entertainment.  Make a reservation for Kimonos.  Teppanyaki cooking with chefs who clearly love to entertain!

5. Pirates Island Water Park:  A Pirate Ship sets the mood for the coolest water park in the Caribbean.  Ten Waterslides, a lazy river, a splash pad, unlimited ice-cream, and a swim up bar especially for the kids! It’s 45, 000 square feet of fun!

BeachesTurkWaterParkBeachesTurkWaterPark2IMG_2529IMG_2515

Insider Tips:  This is also the home of the only surf simulator in the Caribbean, tie the bathing suits up tight and give it a try! Two of the water slides require tubes to go down and are smooth enough that they do not jar your back as you slid.  A huge bonus for the over 40 set!

6. Entertainment and Specialty Nights:  Included!  Each day you receive a little note under your door to advise you of the happenings around the resort.

IMG_1089

Insider Tips: Read this note!  It advises you of everything from extra special activities at the kids clubs, to Beach Parties, to White Night (Sundays!) with a killer dessert and sweet spread.  My other bit of advice, if you are there during a Beach Party, go!  It’s a BBQ on the beach like you have never experienced, a stage show with Sesame Street Characters and a sunset that will take your breath away.

IMG_1088

7. Cafe de Paris:  In my opinion, this in itself deserves it’s very own mention!  Cafe de Paris quickly became my favourite place to go.  A heavenly little spot to stop and grab the perfect cafe au lait, coffee, or cappuccino.  Don’t forget to pick up one of the best sugar cookies ever made while you are there! Insider Tip: Simply, don’t miss the Cafe de Paris.

8. Kids Camp:  Offering care, outings and crafts, there are organized activities for everyone!  There is an Infant Program (up to 24 months), Toddler Program, (ages 3-5), Child (ages 5-7) ,Pre-Teen Program (ages 8-10) and Teen Program. Insider Tip: All nannies and Kids Camp staffers at Beaches Resorts are members of the International Nanny Association.  Every staff member I spoke with was warm, engaged and truly cared about the children under their watch.  I would be more than comfortable leaving my children at Camp Sesame.

BeachesTurksCampS

9. Pay It Forward:  The Sandals Foundation offers an incredible way to pay it forward while on vacation.  Before you leave home, book yourself and your family on The Reading Road Trip via Island Routes.  For a couple of precious hours you will have the opportunity to visit a local school, read stories and interact with children at the sponsored school.  Don’t forget to pack some new or gently used books and school supplies to donate for their library.

IMG_1115

Insider Tip: Book this excursion in advance, it fills up quickly!

10. Trench Town And The X-Box Lounge:  Giggles and joy could be heard emanating from Trench Town, singing out over the games of electronic basketball, air hockey and pool.  I may have gotten my butt kicked a time or two at a dance game in the X-Box Lounge. Trench Town and The X-Box Lounge were true gathering places throughout the day as children and teens were seeking a break from the sun, and after dinner it was the hottest place to hang out and have some fun!

BeachesTurksTrenchTown2BeachesTurksAirHockeyBeachesTurksFoosball

Insider Tip: Not just for tweens:  We logged a lot of hours as a family in the X-Box lounge and playing some fairly competitive games of foosball!

TCBeachesFamily

At the end of our stay at Beaches Resort we were happy, tired, more connected as a family, a little sunburnt but nowhere near ready to leave.  Is there such a thing as a perfect vacation? I think the best way to find out is to pack up your kids, your sense of humour and adventure, and head to the beach to make some memories.  We’re already counting the days until we can return to Beaches Resort Turks and Caicos.

Disclosure: I attended Social Media on the Sand and was a guest of Beaches Resort at a discounted rate, as always opinions reflected on this blog are my own.

Comments

It did sound like the perfect vacation….I am so jealous…lol. It is great that you have the opportunity to make all the memories with you family!

• Thanks Judy! It really was one of those trips we will never forget. Hope you have the chance to check out a Beaches Resort sometime soon 🙂

2. This review makes me want to head to a Beaches Resort with my family. My boys would love it and so would hubby and I. I love that there is no saving of chairs at the resort. Plenty of seating is awesome!

• The little things that Beaches does like making sure there are no “seat hogs” really add up to help make a perfect vacation! I’m sure your Boys and Hubby would love this resort too, hope you check it out!

• I’m seriously thinking about it. We have never had a family vacay and haven’t been away since 2008! LONG overdue.

3. Chandra O'Connor says:

I love the pay it forward for the local children very heart warming

• An opportunity to pay it forward while on vacation or visiting another country really does add an entire new dimension to your trip. It helps you to not only appreciate what you have, but get you thinking about how you can give back more often! Glad you liked that part of my review!

4. This place looks truly amazing; maybe one day!

5. Wow now you have all of us drooling esp with snow on the ground here one can only hope

6. Wow! I saw your photos and thought it looked like such a special place; but reading your description? Wow 🙂 I have never been to Turks & Caicos, but very much on my list of places I would love to go… 🙂

• In all honest, you HAVE to go to Turks and Caico. This resort, this place is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. My entire family is in love with it.

7. It sounds so amazing. I’d love to visit there.

What a beautiful spot!

9. Oooooo that looks so relaxing! I bet you and your family had such a blast!

10. Linda Klages says:

sounds perfect

11. Sigh. So beautiful. Some day I will get there!!

12. Holly Messana says:

I have never actually been to a resort type vacation, but Turks and Caicos has always been on my list of the top ones I would want to go visit. This looks amazing, the beach and the resort look amazing. One day!

• The beach in Turks and Caicos was like nowhere else I’ve ever been. You could walk for miles on the soft white sand and as for the all inclusive part. This one exceeds expectations!

13. My sister-in-law loved it

14. Great tips! It looks lovely!

15. This looks like an amazing time!

16. Margaret Imecs says:

Great family photo! Looks like a beautiful place!

• Thank you! We were so pleased with that family photo, so rare to catch all of us so relaxed and happy together 🙂

17. Looks amazing! Wish I was there right now!

18. Great tips thanks!

So dreamy. I’ll be dreaming of this for…forever… or at least until I get a chance to go. Thanks for the pictures and tips 🙂

• Dreamy might be the perfect way to sum it up! You are welcome for the tips, and does it help to know I too will be dreaming about it until I find a way to go back? 🙂

20. Amy Heffernan says:

Looks amazing. Never been anywhere like this before!!! Maybe some day! 🙂

21. Alayne Langford says:

I think I would be hanging out on the double lounge chairs with hubs in the shade of the umbrella for the entire trip!! Just so beautiful! 🙂

22. Brenda Lacourciere says:

Great tips I would love to go.

23. Certainly a destination to keep in mind

24. Thanks for all the great tips as I find tips from someone who has been at a resort are always the best to follow.

25. Great, informative information! Sigh…. I want to go now! lol

26. love beaches!

27. Get me to the beach…Brrrr first snow of the very long winter I know we will be having….

28. Darrah Bailey says:

Looks like a place I could enjoy! Right about now especially

29. Another beautiful post. I would love to go there.

30. This place really does have something for everybody! Love it!

31. Brenda Lacourciere says:

great tips.

32. michelle tremblett says:

What a beautiful trip !! The resort looks incredible, I cant wait to get away !

33. Angie Andrews says:

what a beautiful resort

34. Karen Evans says:

What a great time, you all had! I wish that I could go there sometime. 🙂

35. dawn rader says:

this is definitely something to consider. My family and I have never been on a vacation like this

36. Chandra O'Connor says:

the picture of the one village house is so lovely that would be a sweet vacation to stay in something like that

37. Catherine O'Reilly-Porter says:

oh how lovely, I have always wanted a vacation like this!!

38. I close my eyes and see my self on the beach sipping something tall and cool

39. I want to go now! Gorgeous!

40. This looks like it would be an amazing trip for a family. It is so beautiful looking and the water park would definitely be a highlight for kids.

41. YASMIN HALL says:

I have always wanted to stay at a Beaches Resort! Your trip looks incredible!!!! I will defiantly go one day! Dream come true holiday!

42. Maria McLachlan says:

Wow, looks awesome there. Love the tips. Nice to know about chairs and kids activities

43. Thanks for all the tips!

44. Thanks, it is good to know which companies have such attention to comfort and detail.

I have a feeling after winter passes or sometime during, we’re all gonna be in want/need of this!

46. Doris Calvert says:

How gorgeous is that? So jealous and some of your photos are amazing.

47. What an amazing place! Would so love to holiday there! Thanks for the review!

48. Great review of the top spots! Really like your feedback on them!

49. This review makes me want to go there so much! Love it thanks

50. this sounds so amazing – miss the warm beach

51. Margaret Imecs says:

Little paradise!

52. The pictures speak a thousand words.Looks like you had a wonderful time in Turks & Caicos…

53. Wow so amazing!

54. We found T&C to be pretty pricey for everything that had to be shipped in. An all-inclusive would be a great deal for next trip!

55. lisa mclain says:

beautiful would love to be there right now

56. I’d like to visit Turks and Caicos, it’s on my list of places I want to see. It looks beautiful.

57. Jennifer P. says:

Oh wow how I would love to go to Turks & Caicos, and the Beaches resorts sound amazing!! My whole family would enjoy this, there is something for everyone! Great tips!

58. Between the water park, Trench Town, and Camp Sesame, I think this looks like an ideal vacation spot for kids!

59. Thank you for the tips! These will definitely be put to use next time I travel!

60. Would love to go there for a holiday.

61. Jay Miller says:

The colour of the water looks absolutely stunning.

62. Neil Anderson says:

Turks and Caicos is on our list, thanks for all the suuper tips

63. Kirsten Glasbergen says:

Looks like an amazing place. I would love to go there!

64. I love the Pay it Forward option. Being able to take a trip is a great luxury and taking a few hours to focus on others would enrich the time for me.

65. josephine evans says:

I’m totally in need of a good trip!

66. ANDREA LEE says:

Makes me want to go away somewhere hot soon!

67. how amazing this both sounds and looks. must be making you dream of returning.

68. NJ Nowoselski says:

This! is awesome!
    Pay It Forward: The Sandals Foundation offers an incredible way to pay it forward while on vacation. Before you leave home, book yourself and your family on The Reading Road Trip via Island Routes. For a couple of precious hours you will have the opportunity to visit a local school, read stories and interact with children at the sponsored school. Don’t forget to pack some new or gently used books and school supplies to donate for their library.

69. Catherine Robichaud says:

This sounds like an amazing place, one that I hope to visit someday. Thanks for the great review!

70. My new luggage could take me here as well

71. Doris Calvert says:

That looks so amazing! Thanks for the tips, good to know!

72. Kristy Reid says:

Sounds like the perfect vacation. I like the “Pay it forward” initiative. One of the reasons I don’t like “canned” vacation is because you don’t really get to experience the country. This is a great way to actually do that.

73. This sounds like it was a perfect place to have your vacation. I also like how you visit a school there and bring supplies for the school as I think this is a great life lesson for children.

74. It looks like you guys had a blast. It looks perfect.

75. What an amazing vacation especially the reading trip!

76. colour of the water looks awesome

You know, sometimes I wonder if the residents there look at pictures of Canada and the piles of snow and daydream of being here?

78. Absolutely beautiful pictures! This will definitely be on my short list for our next family vacation. I love the idea of the Sandals Foundation – my girls are a little bit young to be able to read to others but the experience would be something they would remember forever.

79. Wish I was there.

80. Sounds lovely! I love the idea of bringing gently used books and school supplies to donate to the library.

81. Thanks for the suggestion – so glad I read this post. Loved all the tips! Very helpful

82. Great idea to do the reading trip
    when we used to go to Mexico, we would take small toys & books for the children there s much appreciatin for so little

83. Wow, what an informative review. I want to go!

84. this looks awesome

85. This looks like such an amazing vacation spot

86. Beautiful photo’s I like the White Night Sundays and the water sports the girls are getting more beautiful I have been here for awhile nice to see

87. FREDERIC BROWN says:

wow I would have enjoyed this

88. We have been dreaming of this vacation for way too long!

89. I have always wanted to go to Turks and Caicos… the name is what grabbed my attention fisrst – love it!

90. Carol M (Lushka S) says:

Would love to go there some day.

91. Sherry Kinnear says:

Sounds like an amazing place, we would love to go.

92. Jodi Mitrovic says:

It looks as amazing as it sounds! I love the Pay It Forward idea, so wonderful 🙂

93. Lauren Arrandale says:

Perfect for a winter getaway!

94. Wow, sounds like you had a really great time! I would love to go on a vacation like this with my family- the all inclusive package sounds amazing too. And I will definitely keep in mind that you don’t spend a lot of time in your hotel room. It’s probably smarter to spend more money on the location and amenities than the actually room, especially if you are getting a great deal!

95. Wow! It really does sound like a great resort. Thank you for such a detailed overview.

Amazing tips, amazing destination! One day I’d love to get there!

97. Margaret Imecs says:

Great tips, lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing!

98. i would love to go to a Beaches resort one day especially because of their dedication to family travel!

99. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

This is a marvellous place to take a holiday and the post with all the tips was a pleasure to read. 🙂

100. joanne frank says:

I would love to traval there . I have a friend that work in turks

101. Anne Dougherty says:

This makes me want to take a vacation lol.

102. I would absolutely love to travel there and stay at Beaches! How awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time!

103. The Beaches Turks and Caicos is the most idyllic place to go on vacation.It looks heavenly
    I am so happy for you that you had
    such a wonderful time while you were there.

104. Debbie White Beattie says:

OMG This place is beautiful and I can’t believe all the perks that are available. I’ve always wished I could live in a warm climate like the Caribbean.

105. Julie-Lynne McCann says:

you have the best job ever…I wish I could travel …..love to see the world

106. Angela September says:

wow, wow, wow this looks absolutely stunning all around! what an amazing perk to be a part of!

107. I loved your photos and t`s not hard to believe that this place has something for everybody!It`s a beautiful place and I am dreaming of going someday too!

108. Your pictures are so beautiful of the Beaches Resort.There are so many nice relaxing spots to enjoy yourself and beautiful lay out of the resort.I love all the fun things there are to do there.

109. Alison Braidwood says:

Sounds like a fab resort. And the insider tips are a great way to help new visitors get even more out of their trip.

110. Ernest Martin says:

Thanks for the tips. Beautiful pictures, I wanna go. Warm weather, oh that would be so nice !

111. Ernest Martin says:

It is so nice to travel. This place looks gorgeous.