Searching For A Smile

Not all weeks in the suburbs are easy.  The weather gets you down, bills keep coming due, kids get sick, migraines hit,the furnace tanks, and personal stuff that’s even too hard for me to write about happens. Little things start to add up and wear on you.  Just run you down.  Way down.  A good cry might help.  For about a minute.  So does a big fat reality check. Life is not that bad.  The sun will shine again and all that crap jazz.

What does help?  How do you shake off the gloom and see the silver lining? How about some little reminders of what made you smile during the week.  So today, a list of five little things that made me smile and helped me survive my life in the suburbs this week.

1.  This Face.

Puppy1

We are adding to our family, bringing home a Blue Great Dane Puppy in just a few weeks.  Last weekend we went to see the gorgeous litter!  We know we’re getting a male pup, and this is one of those sweet, sweet faces.  This little guy, he made me smile, and even giggle a little.

2.  I was at a Shell Station handing out Gas Cards, trying to make other people’s days a little bit brighter.  What happened was quite the opposite.  Some very sweet, quite senior gentleman, was caught checking me out and making it quite clear that he would like to “fill my tank”?  Um what?  So rude that it was funny. So ridiculous that all I could do was laugh.  No thank you sir!

3. Cheer girls!  YUP!  I’m a Cheer Mom through and through.  My oldest had their first cheer competition this past weekend.  Did they win?  Not by a long shot.  Did the effort, the work and the smiles on their faces translate into the crowd?  Did their joy spread to me?  For those three and half minutes it sure did.  Pride, joy and happiness all rolled into one.  Thanks for the smile BlueEyes.

4. I stole a chocolate bar.  Okay not really. But late one night after the entire family had gone to bed, I sat by myself with my laptop on, the Young and the Restless playing in the background and snuck myself a full size candy bar out of that Halloween bowl.  I did this with just enough guilt to bring a smile to my face.  A grown up ass woman sneaking chocolate in the middle of the night and watching soaps?  How cliché!

5. A delivery!  Last month we went to Turks and Cacios.  Already it seems like some hazy dream, and then yesterday, a sweet delivery.  A simple fridge magnet with some of our favourite moments of the week collected.  Memories of the beach and dreams of future trips are always a good idea.

Magnet

Life in the suburbs isn’t always a bed of roses, but if you look really hard you can usually find something to smile about.  Hope you can all find your smiles today!

Comments

Sounds like you had some great smile moments this week! Love the blue eyes on the puppy!

2. Oh you have everything you need “this soon will pass” as they say. Love the new family addition. I like your late night thing I do that myself sometimes. Take care HUG B

3. My puppy brings me smiles everyday I am happy yours is soon to come home

4. That puppy has the most beautiful eyes; made me smile!

5. That face is so precious! Thanks for the smile…..

6. A very cute puppy, but you do realize that having another baby is far easier? By the way, we have two dogs.

7. Josephine says:

Love the blue eyes of that sweet pup! Kind of hope that’s the one you will get! Just a few weeks and counting…he will be certain to make you smile!!

8. Your puppy is so cute! You can’t not smile at that face!

My nieces and nephews make me smile daily. If I’m having a bad day, I just spend time with them!

9. We all have our moments, we just have to enjoy ourselves and the little things!

10. loucheryl says:

I loved the gas station story. FUNNY!!! I find that if I’m having a bad day, if I put a smile on my face I instantly start to feel better.

11. DARLENE W says:

sometimes its the little things that brings a smile to our face

12. There is ALWAYS a silver lining…we just have to search for it.

And if it’s a chocolate bar, accompanied with some guilty television, then so be it.

13. Sounds like you made the most out of the little moments, we all have to learn to do that! 🙂 Love the magnet capturing those special moments.

• Trying so hard to make the most out of those little moments! And thanks, I’m loving that magnet on our kitchen fridge, it keeps taking me back to the beautiful Turks and Caicos and our fabulous getaway!

14. Love that you can always find something to smile about. That puppy? *swoon*

• This may sound crazy, but we are already in love with this pup and we haven’t even brought him home yet! Or maybe it’s easier because right now he’s not peeing on our floor!

15. Chandra O'Connor says:

I cant take these puppy pictures makes me want one. so freaking cute.

16. excellent post idea. I so love the Sneaky chocolate and soaps. That Bonbon moment.

That puppy is so cute

That puppy absolutely melts my heart! What a beautiful dog. I’ve eaten chocolate late at night…. its ok lol

19. Tiffany Rotulo says:

It’s always good to keep it positive and look at the brighter side of things. I love your way of coping with the stress. And that puppy is so cute, how can you not smile.

20. We all really have to focus on the positives. Your puppy makes me smile everyday when I see him on istagram.

• Thanks for putting up with all my puppy pictures all over the place! I hate to tell you this, but it’s only going to get worse!

21. Love, love, love that SWEET puppy face!!!!

22. I dont think you could NOT be happy looking at that sweet puppy face! 🙂 And yes, “this too shall pass” stay strong and best wishes for a better week this week

23. AW!! Cheer up Stephanie! I love that adorable looking pup. He’d melt anyone’s heart.

24. I have been fighting a bad infection this past week and feeling a little down. But your post definitely encouraged me to try to find my smile.

25. Smile and most around you will do the same, there is nothing like your loving pet to bring a smile to your face

I love your outlook girlie!! Your new baby is beautiful 🙂

27. thank for making me smile with the gas station story lo

Oh my, that puppy face. I’m swooning! Cannot wait to see more pictures of your new puppy 🙂 oh and have all the chocolate you want, you totally deserve it!

29. Margaret Imecs says:

Beautiful blue eyes! So innocent!

30. That puppy face is surely kissable! Just like my gorgeous puss cat, although he rarely lets me LOL.

31. loucheryl says:

Watson is such a beautiful dog. I LOVE Great Dane’s. They truly are gentle giants. 🙂