Ripley’s Aquarium! How To And Insider Tips!

IMG_0407

It’s been a long time since I’ve walked into a building and was whisked away to a place full of wonder and awe.  Ripley’s Aquarium Canada, located next to the CN Tower in downtown Toronto, and is Canada’s largest indoor aquarium, and it  managed to do just that!  It’s an escape from the city like no other.

With 16,000 aquatic animals spread out over 130,000 sq. ft., the Aquarium might be the perfect place to escape for an afternoon!   As you walk through the neatly organized Ripley’s Aquarium you will have the opportunity to explore places like the Rainbow Reef, Ray Bay, and the species of he Canadian Waters.  Our group consisted of tourists from age 2 to 70 and there was truly something to capture everyone’s interest.

IMG_0414IMG_0415TorontoA3

My favourite place in the Aquarium; The Dangerous Lagoon!

RAquarium

The moving walkway transports you through an underwater tunnel home to the Aquarium’s most fearsome-looking animals.  These creatures strike fear in millions and are now circling above your head as you are slowly taken on a tour of the lagoon.  It is amazing.  So amazing, that I might have gone through that tunnel twice!

TorontoA4IMG_0416TorontoA8TorontoA9TorontoA10TorontoA5

Have you ever crawled through a tube surrounded by sharks?  I have! IMG_0433

SassyNephew clearly had his favourite place too.  The Discovery Centre.

Can you blame him?

IMG_0409IMG_0437IMG_0438

Be sure to allow a little extra time for this hands on area! There is so much to see, do and touch!   TorontoA11

Another favourite spot, the Jellies!  Having had a couple close encounters with Jelly fish out in the ocean, I could not wait to check out this part of the Aquarium.  AQplanetjellies-header

I could have spent hours watching the five species of beautiful and yes, dangerous Jelly fish floating and swimming in their habitats.  Their tanks were backlit and surrounded you on all sides, it was mesmerizing.

TorontoA12

Before we left we took a moment to pet a shark and pose for a picture or two.  It was a quick afternoon and one we will not soon forget!

TorontoA13IMG_0447

What I liked:

Manageable Size:  The Ripley’s Aquarium is easy to see in a morning or afternoon

Hands on Experience:  There is lots to see and do!

Something for everyone:  From Toddlers to Teens to Seniors there is something to interest everyone.

If you go:  Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, next to the Rogers Centre and CN Tower.

Address:  288 Bremner Boulevad, Toronto ON

Hours: Open most nights until 11 pm, 365 days a year, 7 days a week!

Find them on Facebook and Twitter

Ticket Prices:
Regular (14+) $29.98

Youth (6-13) $19.98

Child (3-5) $9.98

Senior (65+) $19.98

Insider Tips:

Buy your tickets ahead of time and skip the line!

Travelling with a Toddler and have a stroller in tow?  You can check it at Guest Services so your little one is free to explore (and you can chase!)

Be sure to leave lots of time to explore the Discovery Centre.

You do have to walk through a Gift Shop on the way out.  This can mean big melt downs for little one’s.  Be prepared to make a quick purchase or a fast exit!

Comments

Ripley’s is on our list of places to visit the next time we make it to Toronto!

2. That looks so neat, I would love to visit with my family

3. Went there a few weeks ago and loved it. One of my favourite parts were the jellyfish!

Oh, how I wish this place were closer to me! It looks fantastic!

5. DARLENE W says:

Have not yet experienced the AWE of the Ripley’s Aquarium but hope to soon

6. loucheryl says:

I would LOVE to go to Ripleys! My boys would love it, I’m sure.

7. Chandra O'Connor says:

the discovery place would be my fav too

8. Tricha F. says:

I wanted to take the kids this summer but never got a chance. On my list of things to see with the family for next summer.

Have never been one of these days will have to spend some time in Toronto

Oh this place is so on my must do list before we move back to the states next summer

11. This is definitely on our list to visit.

12. Haven’t been yet, would love to visit

13. It we ever get East this is going on the top 10 list

14. Ashley Jenkins says:

I have heard soooo many fantastic reviews about Ripley s Aquarium. Your pictures look fantastic.. especially the Jelly fish!! My goodness dangerous fish but yet so beautiful!! This place is definitely on my list for when my daughter is a bit older.
    Thanks for sharing

15. Chandra O'Connor says:

the tube crawling would freak me out

16. I’ve always wanted to go … maybe in the summer time! thanks for the tips!

Looks super fun. It’s been years since I went to an aquarium.

18. Margaret Imecs says:

I love this place!

19. Can’t wait to see this next month.

20. I bet the grandkids would love this

21. I soooo want to visit Ripley’s Aquarium. I had a friend tell me how awesome it was and now I just need to see for myself.

22. My baby boy would go crazy at Ripleys!

23. Tracey Flattes says:

This place looks amazing. Definitely on the bucket list!

24. Ooo man, next vacation I just want to head into toronto and explore. So many great places! Ripleys aquarium has been on my bucket list since it opened.

25. I would be mesmerized, too! The Discovery Centre would be so awesome for the kids. I would be in awe of the jellyfish & the underwater tunnel. Wow. I wish we had something like this in Alberta. Cool.

26. Such an incrediable place! So beautiful <3

27. looks like a destination place for next year

28. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

I love aquariums that this one really is outstanding, your photos bring it all to life. I wish we lived closer 🙁

29. Debbie White Beattie says:

This aquarium is so cool but there’s no way you’d catch me going through that tube in the picture above because I would have a panic attack.

30. kathy downey says:

I would love to visit with my family,it must be amazing !