How To Create Your Own Wall Art Gallery; With Canon!

I have a confession to make.  I am a picture hoarder.  I take the pictures, if I’m feeling particularity energetic and motivated, I even print the pictures.  What I never seem to get around to doing?  Hanging the pictures!  Why?  Why, can’t I seem to get my pictures from my smart phone and camera into frames and on to the walls? I desperately want to have a place to show off and enjoy my photos.  Those precious moments in time.  I would love a wall in my home to house my collection of pictures that will remind me of how lucky I am and make me smile.  One that might feature my girls showing off their true sense of adventure; holding hands, laughing and leaping from a bridge in the Turks and Caicos.

TCBridgeJump3

Or my series of stunning pictures from my 40th Birthday in Paris.  They are laying dormant, wasted, just eating up space on my hard drive!

P1000073

So many memories, family candid shots, living their lives in my smart phone and computer instead of out in the world!  I even know which wall I want to hang these photos in my home.  The thing is, I just can’t seem to translate these ideas in my head, into one organized work of art.

Then I was introduced to the Canon PIXMA PRO printer and realized I was approaching this problem all wrong!  Have a peek!

Here’s How to Create Your Own Wall Art Gallery:

Eureka! A method and an answer!  How to take my photos and create a Wall Art Gallery of my very own! It’s not so hard when you have a plan and the correct tools, I’ve just been over thinking it.  First up, I need to pick my favourite photos and get on with it.  The other big take away for me, I need to start with one picture,  an anchoring piece, to draw attention to the entire collection.  It’s also helpful to create a perimeter and rely on some painters tape as a guide!  This takes the guess work out of it.  Invaluable advice for a visual person like me! Then I  need to go for it.  No looking back and remember that with the Canon PIXMA PRO printer, I can always change and update my collage, any time I want to!

Are you feeling inspired?  Me too! It’s time to create our own Wall Art Gallery and put those memories front and centre!

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, however as always all opinions reflected are my own.

Comments

1. Fantastic ideas! I’d love to be able to blow up some of our family and travel pictures and it looks to me as if the Cannon PIXMA Pro Printer is exactly what we need!

2. Ive just started printing pictures. I have 5 years backed up on my computers. Im loving trying to figure out how and where to hang them, gallery walls, etc. And yes, I use my canon. 🙂

3. Great idea! I have lots of pictures on my computer that would make great wall art, I just have never got around to doing anything with them. But first I would need a new printer, will have to check out the Canon PIXMA PRO printer!

4. Linda Klages says:

I too have lots of great pics and done nothing – Love the Paris night pic

5. We all have tons of pics sitting around hopefully this will be the motivation to actually do something

6. michelle tremblett says:

This is great !! I take so many pictures, and they all just sit on my camera until I end up deleting them to make room for the next set that will sit there :/ vicious circle !

7. I have so many photos I would love to display on my walls.. I really need to start doing this, instead of letting them sit in folders on my computer.

8. Margaret Imecs says:

Great tips! Thanks!

9. Holly Messana says:

I have been looking for a video like this. Great tips for creating the photo wall gallery. I am absolutely going to be redoing mine now.

10. I will soon be living in a new home. Thinking of creating a photo wall gallery.

11. Chandra O'Connor says:

omgosh I want one of those printers

12. Love taking pictures and looking at them, I try to make a scrap book photo album for each of the grandkids

13. I have pictures of my children and grandchildren on the wall going up the stairs

14. I’d like to have a Wall Art Gallery, what a great idea! I usually don’t even print my pictures because I never know what to do with them once they’re printed. This is wonderful!

15. Alayne Langford says:

The picture jumping off the dock is my very fave!! Well done!! 🙂

16. I hope I can go to Paris for my 40th birthday!

17. Love this!!!

18. Amazing ideas! I’m feeling like I need to get to work!

19. I’m inspired! I want to create my own art gallery of photos of my boys!

20. That’s such a great idea!

21. wow great tips and I love the printer I also have ALOT of famiy pictures so thank you for the tips

22. Chandra O'Connor says:

amazing printer bett it uses a lot of ink in one print

23. Thanks I love my Canon.

24. Amy Heffernan says:

These photos are just stunning! Great job! This is neat!

25. That is an awesome idea. I am currently doing a wall of canvas from our trips.

26. Oooooh, so nice! That would be fabulous as a surprise gift for the hubby. Great idea!

27. This is awesome. After we finish our renovations, I am going to dedicate one wall strictly for family photos.

28. Alayne Langford says:

Showing this photographer daughter tomorrow. Love your tips!! Thanks!! 🙂

29. Brenda Lacourciere says:

I have been looking to do this.

30. Oh no you didn’t…pinterest has nothing on you 😉

31. Angie Andrews says:

THis is something I would love to do in our living room, just need to decide on the pics

32. Very cool! I’ve seen my brother create postcards from photos he’s taken, but this is even better!

33. Wow beautiful! This is giving me a DIY moment idea …! =)

Gorgeous shots. I should try this sometime!

35. This is really awesome…love it!

36. Karen Evans says:

Yours are really nice, but my bedroom walls are covered with all my grandchildrens drawings, from when they were little ones . 🙂

37. Debbie White Beattie says:

I love your pictures especially your daughters holding hands and the video tips really helps the picture hanging process.

38. I need that lady to come to my house, that is awesome! Pinning for future reference!