A Tour Of The Regent Grand Resort~ Turks And Caicos

Are you looking for a unique escape to paradise? A place with bigger rooms, your own kitchen and laundry, multiple bathrooms for your family, full housekeeping, plus a spa, a gym, an infinity pool and the possibility of room service served to you on your very own dining room table?  Allow me to introduce you to the Regent Grand Resort, “where memories are made and traditions created”.

From Studio Suites to Three Bedroom Deluxe Ocean Front Units, this is a different and fabulous place to consider as you plan your next vacation.

TCRegent1

The Regent Grand Resort is a luxury all-suite boutique hotel in the middle of paradise.  Located on a pristine stretch of the powdery white Grace Bay Beach in the Turks and Caicos, the Regent Grand Resort offers the opportunity to stretch out in style and try your hand at living like a very blessed local.  My family of four, two adults and two teen girls ages 13 and 15, had the pleasure of staying in a three bedroom, 2 bathroom suite with an incredible oversized balcony over looking the ocean.  Never in all of my travels have I had the occasion to wake up to a view as stunning as this:

Regent1

Regent10

When you stay at the Regent Grand you will find many inclusions:

Airport transfers (on winter rates)

Complimentary internet in rooms and Wi-Fi throughout resort

Complimentary spring water on arrival

Free golf at Provo Golf and Country Club

Complimentary hot and cold buffet breakfast

Teona Spa

Rock-It Hot Fitness Classes

Nautilus Fitness Centre

Bicycles

Mosaic Infinity Pool

Full Concierge Service

Clarins toiletries

Egyptian cotton linens

Twice Daily New York Times Newspaper

Hard surfaced tennis court and use of racquets

24 hour security

The Regent Grand offers fabulous amenities, but perhaps the biggest perk of all, is the options and flexibility it gives your family!

RegentGrand2

A tour of our suite:  As you entered you were immediately drawn to the left, down the hall to the main living area, and towards the ocean.  You walked past a gourmet kitchen complete with high end stainless steel appliances, a coffee maker, blender, mixer, champagne glasses, bucket, toaster and every other gadget you would possibly need for your stay.

IMG_2622

IMG_2626

One of our favourite things to do while staying at the Regent Grand Resort was to take advantage of this kitchen!  With directions to the closest grocery store, a mere 10 minute walk away, we headed out to pick up the fixing’s to create dinner in our very own gourmet kitchen!  I was a little bit surprised, and even a bit thrilled to see some brand names I recognized and loved!  Lenders Bagels, Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese, and Ragu Pasta Sauce all found their way into our cart.  We added local fruits, fresh cooked breads, bottled water, mountain grown coffee, wine and soda, and we were ready to get our chef on!  (Insider tip:  Right at the grocery store is a little coffee shop where you can get your cappuccino or latte fix! )

Located beside the kitchen was an open and inviting dining area.

Perfect for a family dinner in paradise.  IMG_2632

Further inside the unit you found a cozy family room complete with wide screen LCD television offering a large number of networks.  Free Wi-Fi was available throughout!

IMG_2630IMG_2628IMG_2633

The glass doors made up the entire back wall, and spanned the width of the large family room.  This expanded your living space, letting the outside in, and quite frankly, left you a little bit breathless.   That view.  Oh my, that view.

IMG_2635

Coffee on this patio quickly became our very favourite thing to do.  One morning we saw dolphins swimming in the ocean while sitting in this very spot!TCRegentGrandView

Back down the hallway in the other direction were two plush bedrooms with King Size Beds, generous closets, and each with their own television.

IMG_2601IMG_2602

This unit had two over sized bathrooms, and the master had those coveted double sinks.  The third bedroom in our unit was set up as a lounge with pull out sofa. Perfect for the late night television watching or if you really needed to, a little bit of work.IMG_2619IMG_2620  IMG_2631

Hidden away in the hallway, and so convenient after a week away at the beach, was the compact and efficient washer and dryer.  Throwing in laundry after a day splashing in the turquoise waves is a lot more fun at the Regent Grand Resort than it is at home!

If cooking really isn’t for you, The Regent Grand Resort is ideally located only a short stroll from restaurants and shops; and breakfast is included in each stay.  The Vix  where breakfast is served each day, serves continental style fare,and is located directly across the quiet street.

RegentGrandVix

Staying in a condo hotel is a different experience than your traditional hotel.  At the Regent Grand Resort there’s still a very quiet front desk, a friendly bell man, and daily room cleaning; but other than that you are on your own.  If you’re a large family, there’s room to spread out from those you love the most.  There is a level of privacy in a condo hotel that simply can’t be found in a traditional hotel room.  We loved that we could play in the pools and on the beach all day long, sneaking up to our kitchen to whip up a quick lunch and maybe even throw in a load of laundry while we were there.  We adored that when we needed a break from the sun we could seek shade on our very own private balcony overlooking the beach.  We highly recommend that if you have had enough of expensive breakfasts, lunches, and dinners in town, you remember that with a condo hotel you don’t have to eat out every meal!   One quick, entertaining and perhaps even educational trip to the local grocery store and you are set up for a few meals in your very own home in paradise and at half the price!

Regent3Regent4

If you are looking for a luxury escape in a boutique style condo hotel in the heart of Grace Bay, look no further than the Regent Grand Resort.  This luxury property provides a quiet kind of escape from the everyday you only dreamed existed.

Details:  The Regent Grand Resort

Location: Regent Street, Grace Bay Beach, Turks and Caicos Islands

Connect: On Twitter: https://twitter.com/regentgrand

Rates: Found here.

Insider Tips:

*Golf is included with your ocean front booking.

*Check special rates before you book!

*Remember that by staying at a condo hotel you can dramatically reduce the cost of your vacation by eating in.  Those restaurant bills add up quickly.

*Note that this is a very quiet property.  If travelling with children I would advise to bring your own sand toys and snorkel gear.

*As this is a condo hotel each unit is a little bit different, but all I saw were well appointed and beautiful.

Disclosure: I received a complimentary stay in exchange for my review, as always all opinions expressed in this post are my own.

Comments

1. Margaret Imecs says:

Wow! Love the condo, very spacious!

2. What a beautiful condo. I love the kitchen, small but looks gorgeous!

3. I am amazed at all the room there is & that view wow

4. Karen Evans says:

What a beautiful place! I would love to go there. Thank You for your comments 🙂

5. Wow. I am impressed by this condo. I will be noting this condo resort for future reference. Thanks!

• So happy to hear my tour helped. I’m a hotel snob and was thrilled with this condo. Please do let me know if I can help answer any questions!

6. Wow lots of extras!

7. Good point about bringing your own sand gear for your kids. Love the idea of a condo for cooking.

• My girls swam for hours with our own snorkel gear, I was so happy to have brought it along. If my nephew had been there I would have been longing for some sand toys 🙂

8. This looks like an amazing resort!

9. Laurie A Pittman says:

looks awesome

10. Wow – what a gorgeous place!! I have never stayed in a condo on holiday before, but this is mighty tempting for sure!

• We’ve done condos and houses in Florida before, but never on an island. This turned out to be a great way to spend the last week of our vacation. Cooking our own meals and having so much space was spectacular!

11. Doris Calvert says:

sigh I keep seeing these pictures and it’s snowing out, just want to be there, nice place to stay on a vacation!

12. Darrah Bailey says:

WOW! Looks like a place a lady could really enjoy! Beautiful….

13. I wish to travel to a beautiful place like this someday thank you for sharing your pics

14. tammy harrison says:

wow- this looks just beauiful!

15. kristen visser says:

oh my….. take me there right now please!!!

16. kelly young says:

i would love to travel to this place looks amazing

17. Isabel Topps says:

wonderful idea. We stayed at a neat hotel in Nice, France like this, wasn’t as fancy but it was just like an apartment with a separate bedroom and a kitchen. It was great to go shop at the local grocery store and cook our own meal, and we did save money by not having to eat at a restaurant.

• Nice is on my list! Love that you tried this in France! I adore staying in a condo style hotel for the very reasons you mention, plus, it makes you feel more like one of the locals. Your kids learn so much more too!

18. What a gorgeous resort and I have always wanted to go to the Turks and Caicos. What a very well equipped suite you were in and I love the idea of being able to have a larger place than just a hotel room when we travel.

• Do I dare mention that it was even fun to do laundry? Yes fun! It’s not so bad folding laundry with that view and then you go home with clean clothes!

19. Linda Klages says:

looks wonderful………………..

20. Tabitha Pye says:

Wow, sounds like a great place to stay and I love that it also caters to larger families with the condo style rooms and amenities. Home away from home. Love it.

21. LILLIAN BROWN says:

WOW WHAT A SPOT

22. Tammy Mitolo says:

What a great post about a great spot!

23. This place is TO DIE for! Wow I would love to vist there, thanks so much for posting this!

24. tiffany rotulo says:

The pool looks amazing.

25. Cheryl Almas says:

This looks nice.

26. Wow that condo is amazing and sure would love to be there now!

27. Patrick Siu says:

This look so fun.

28. Treen Goodwin says:

wow looks like a beautiful spot .. love the condo 🙂

• The location was perfection, right in the heart of Grace Bay Beach and walking distance to shops and restaurants. Love!

29. Ok I want to cry now because I’ve never gone anywhere like that! What a trip, what a view– simply amazing!! What a special vacation spot 🙂

30. Would be awesome sitting on that patio viewing dolphins!

washer and dryer would be heaven, less packing so you can wash your clothes and have room for new ones.

32. So nice! You have sold me that we have to go check the Turk and Caicos out!

33. This looks very relaxing and a nice vacation

Omg all that blue, how beautiful!!! love the room it is totally bigger and nicer than my whole home..lol. I would love to go there and never come back!!

35. Cheryl Almas says:

This looks like a great place.

36. I love these sites!

37. Linda Klages says:

where do I sign up

38. srishayini says:

amazing place for a tropical vacation

39. It looks heavenly all I see is white when I look out my window

40. Micheal Lefebvre says:

Very nice condo look’s like a nice relaxing trip!

41. Elizabeth Vlug says:

Have never been to Turks and Caicos, but this looks amazing. Thanks for your review and all the photos. Love.

42. Angie Andrews says:

I’m not sure if I’ve commented on this post in the past, but wow would love to be their right now, the resort looks beautiful

43. I dream of this every day and thanks to your blog this where we will be going in March!

• Oh my goodness!! That is AMAZING!! I just know you will have an incredible time! Please do let me know if I can answer any questions for you 🙂 Enjoy!

44. just look at all those shades of blue

Ill babysit the dog!

46. So beautiful. I feel like I would never want to leave..

• It’s quite rare that my girls aren’t ready to come home from a vacation, they really didn’t want to leave!

47. Darlene W says:

I will close my heels and taps my heels and hope that I was here

48. Looks amazing!! One day I will travel!!

49. So beautiful!! That water!! And Egyptian cotton sheets! Looks like an amazing place to visit!

Ahhh I need to take a vacation!!!!!

51. kelly young says:

i would love to stay there i need a vacation

52. Natasha Graham says:

I’ve always wanted to go to Turks and Caicos. This looks gorgeous.

• Turks and Caicos had been on our list for years, now we can’t fathom why we waited so long! It really is paradise!

53. Sherry Kinnear says:

what a beautiful spot. The condo is just perfect for a family, too.

54. Brenda Lacourciere says:

I want to go. its so cold here.

55. Brenda Lacourciere says:

id love to be there this winter

56. Now the only thing is to find friends who are willing to spend the $$ to join!

57. wow it is beautiful, we often look for options where we can cook some meals ourselves, even if it is just breakfast

58. Brenda Lacourciere says:

love the scenery

59. That place is gorgeous. I love that they offer a spa and fitness classes too… if only I could go there right now!

60. Accomodations look amazing and perfect for a family getaway

61. Jennifer P. says:

This sound fabulous!! I liked your insider tips – I think we would leave our kids at home! 🙂

62. If I close my eyes and pretend, I could be here too

63. Wow this looks so beautiful, my kids would love to go here for a holiday!

64. hard to tell where the water ends and the sky begins

65. Omg that looks so beautiful….I hope to visit there someday!

66. Alayne Langford says:

I’m Dreaming of a Green Christmas not like the ones I used to know… 🙂

67. Looks like a great place. I would love to do a trip like that with my family. We’re a family of 6 so it can be a challenge to find hotels with rooms big enough for all of us. I love the idea of the condo and being able to eat in instead of having to eat out all the time.

68. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

This sounds like paradise, loved the photos, what a marvellous condo and the view from the patio, breathtaking 🙂

Trackbacks

1. […] up where we left off on our tour of the Regent Grand Resort accommodations, it’s time to explore the grounds of this true vacation treasure.  Set in a […]