What I Wore After THE Dancing Disaster

This one time I walked into a crazy sale and walked out with a deal that was so incredible I did a wee dance of joy!  That dance of joy turned into a ridiculously embarrassing moment when I slipped, turned my ankle, and then turned bright red.  I had just sprained my ankle doing a dance to celebrate my shopping victory.  #loser  My teeny dance to celebrate the find of the Dennis Merotto dress was a painful lesson.  Always do your victory dancing in private, far far away from scary curbs so your designer dress doesnโ€™t equal a dancing disaster!

Now that I am fully recovered, I took that dress out for a spin, and as promised here is what I wore:NightOut1

NightOut14

Sometimes you just have to clean yourself up, dust yourself off and put your best killer heels forward.  Killer heels always make everything better.

NightOut9NightOut10

Think itโ€™s safe for me to head back out shopping again?

Comments

1. I think Ive read this post before. Repost of an old post ?

• Not a re-post, but it is a follow up post! I was asked by a few to please post some pic of the fateful dress and let them know if I ever got my monster ankle back down to normal size ๐Ÿ™‚

its a lovely dress, Id kill myself in those heels, the highest my heels go are my Birkenstock sandals. and if I had the victory dance and fell I also would have tinkled my drawers lol

• LOL I adore your honesty! (and will now confess when those heels met a cobblestone street that night, it got a little dicey!)

3. Elizabeth Vlug says:

Glad to hear I’m not alone in doing some funny stuff. But I have to say you look great in the dress. Worth a happy dance!

• Thank you so much! I think it was worth the happy dance too, now I just need a reason to wear it again ๐Ÿ™‚

lol if only I could count how many times I’ve done stupid…. ah I could write a book! Dramatic exits aren’t for me.. there is always some wall or door that just pops up out of nowhere to make me look like a fool ๐Ÿ™‚

• HA! This my friend is why we confess all our sins on a blog! To share it with the world! Falling down and playing the fool just keeps life interesting ๐Ÿ™‚ Cheers!

5. It really does feel good to get dressed up and go out sometimes! My Hubby and I don’t do it nearly enough. Well done on that dress. LOVE it!

• Hubby and I don’t get out nearly enough either! Always seems “something” else or someone else gets in the way or takes priority. I think it’s just the stage of life we are in. One day this will change and we will wonder what to do with all of our time! Thanks for the compliments on the dress ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Darrah Bailey says:

Looks great, I love it.. Thanks for sharing!

7. ivy pluchinsky says:

i really like that dress! looks good on you

That dress was worth it!!

That’s a great dress! Definitely worth a little pain (I hope you think so too!)!

10. Great dress but I would do some serious damage to myself in those heels..lol. Great pictures!

11. Love that dress – and you look fabulous in it!

12. Just when you think That You Are All That, you do something that sets you back on earth. Happens to me all the time

13. so funny! You look stunning!

14. nice shoes

15. I love how self-deprecating you can be. You wouldn’t do a victory dance after finding such a gorgeous dress. You look amazing!

• Thanks Heidi! You have to be able to laugh at yourself right, it just keeps life more interesting! ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Sooooo worth the injury! You look gorgeous!! ๐Ÿ™‚

17. I’m still on the hunt for a dress for a wedding. I have yet to go out looking. I hate dress shopping.

18. You look smashing darling!!! Love your dress and shoes. ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe wear a helmet the next time you do a happy dance???
    XOXO

• Thank you! And yes, the helmet might be warranted the next time I do a victory dress. I am a klutz!

19. Beautiful! Love both the dress and the shoes. I would probably break my neck wearing it though.

• The only time I had a wee bit of trouble with those shoes were on a cobble stone path. Yikes! They were not built for that!

20. Treen Goodwin says:

you both look amazing , hope you had a great time ๐Ÿ™‚

21. Love the dress and it looks fabulous on you!
    That’s too funny about your happy dance……

22. Amazing dress! I can see why you did a happy dance!

23. Dress & you look great

24. Alayne Langford says:

At least you weren’t wearing those honking heels, that could have been a cast disaster!! Dress looks great!! ๐Ÿ™‚

25. nice photos

26. Beautiful dress! Love the story because it makes me feel less clumsy about myself!

27. Made me laugh; glad you were finally able to take the dress out for a spin!

28. A happy ending!

29. Looking great!

I know, I know, the dress, your heels but your HAIR is amazing!

31. Totally worth spraining your ankle for. You look fab!

32. Carol M (Lushka S) says:

Wow, you look fantastic in that dress, so worth the injury!

33. You look stunning and those heels (are drool worth too)! The dress was so worth the embarrassment ๐Ÿ˜‰

34. kathy downey says:

Well done on that dress,it was made for you!!