On Pinching Cheeks and Bittersweet Birthdays

Today is a pretty big day in my house, my SweetGirl is turning 13!  As of  today there are officially no more “little” people in my house, Today my SweetGirl becomes a teenager.  Two teenage girls and two adults living under one roof?  Life is about to get much more interesting.

From the very beginning my SweetGirl was a soul so quiet and caring I actually called the paediatrician to see if something was “wrong” with her.  She never cried, All she did was coo, eat and sleep.  Turns out there was not a thing wrong with that baby, she just was, and continues to be, my sweet, sweet girl.

A lot has changed in 13 years.  Gone are the long quiet naps and the oh so pinchable cheeks, but that quiet sweetness remains.

There are new passions found in her love for all things dance.

BalletBeginings2014Ballet

And old passions remain, like her need to style and dress herself.

BirthdayAlexa6

Even if her style has changed….a little.

2014DanceBanquet2

She still lights up every room she walks into with the power of her smile.

AlexaWinter2014

She never asks for anything, puts everyone and every living thing before herself, and wears her huge heart on her sleeve.

BeachesSandalsFdnAlexaMaddyandAlexa2008

I have only one complaint, this little girl, she’s not so little anymore.  Suddenly I realized she has had the nerve to grow up before my very eyes….

AlexaAndStephBalletBanquet

The world is a better place with her in it, and I can’t wait to see what adventures lay ahead for this sweet determined, joyous and loving soul.  Happy Birthday to my youngest baby, the one who made our family complete, the other half of the dynamic team of sisters that makes me want to be the best Mama ever.  Go blow out the candles on that cake SweetGirl and may all your wishes come true.

Comments

1. Awwww she’s beautiful! Love her eyes and hair!

happy birthday, she’s beautiful

3. Happy Birthday, she sounds like her Mom. Hug B

4. Grandma and Grandpa says:

Happy 13th Birthday SweetGirl! We’ll call you after school. Have a fabulous day! Love …..

have a most wonderful day !!

6. Happy Birthday SweetGirl! Reminds me of my oldest who also wears her heart on her sleeve 🙂

7. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl, she is beautiful!

8. Happy Birthday to her!
    A big day!!

9. Such a sweet girl, hope her birthday is awesome! Happy 13.. 🙂

10. Happy Birthday it happens all too fast

11. They grow up so fast! Happy Birthday to your baby!

12. Happy Birthday! She’s stunning 🙂

13. Elizabeth Friesen says:

She looks just like you!!! Gorgeous!!! 😀

14. You sound like a very proud Mommy! Your daughter seems to have been raised well.

I love that first picture of her juxtaposed with that dancer’s pose. Happy birthday to her, and I hope she has a great year!

16. She’s a cutie!! 🙂

Happy Birthday beautiful girl!!

This is such an important age to turn!!

I feel ya Stephanie <3

I can honestly tell you no matter how many children you have.. there's just something about '13'.. I felt the same when 4/5 of mine hit it.. thank heavens I've a few more years with Miss K.

what did she get for her big !3 birthday . shes officially a teenager

19. Omgoodness that last picture of you and your daughter! She looks like a little mini you! Too cute, looks like you’ve done well mamma

20. Treen Goodwin says:

Happy 13th Birthday Sweetie , she looks like her mom ,Beautiful 🙂 hope she had a great day 🙂

21. Birthday wishes come her way. It is also my grandson Nathan’s 5th Birthday today

22. Awww 🙂 Very bittersweet, I am sure! Happy 13th to your gal!

23. Beautifully written. Thanks for sharing these fabulous photos.

24. Love this post. She is beautiful like her mama. Happy birthday to her.

25. So sweet! Happy Birthday to your baby!

26. What a beautiful post! I hope she had a lovely birthday; what a wonderful young lady you’ve raised!

27. Love all the precious photos. Hope she had a fabulous birthday!!!

Oh my, time sure flies! Great photos.

29. What a beautiful young girl!