Almost Cottage Time! A week at the lake is good for the soul, and I may have been doing the “I’m going on a cottage vacation countdown” for the last three months! So what to pack, what to wear? Easy! Here’s my list of top 10 things you need to have an easy, breezy and successful week dockside!
1. Shades. Why? Cause selfies always look better with shades.
2.. What’s in the make-up bag! Almost nothing! You’re at the cottage! I throw in my Olay 7 EYE brightening CC cream, (that I can’t live without), my Estee Lauder Idealist illuminator, some Covergirl Mascara, an eyeliner, maybe a shadow or two a fabulous bronzer and I am cottage ready! Opps! Don`t forget the sunscreen!
3. The all powerful maxi dress. Perfect on the deck, on the dock, or in town. Long live the maxi. You know what? Pack two!
4. Super comfy flip flops that can keep you in comfort dock side and still be useful on those long rambling walks through the trails. Comfy flip flops are a must.
5. A Bikini or tankini! Those long summer days were meant to be spent in the water and you want to be water sport ready!
6. Don`t forget the swim suit cover up and maybe a hat! (wrinkles are not sexy)
7. Yoga pants and a sweater. Perfect for early morning coffees and late night marshmallow roasting. (it gets chilly at night!)
8. Water shoes. Yup, I said it. They may not be fashion forward, but when you are faced with feet vs. sticky icky part of lake and still want to be the cool Mom who goes on the portage and rock that canoe trip, a pair of $4.98 water shoes from Wal-Mart can save the day. (and your cool Mom status)
9. Walking shorts and some tanks and T-shirts. Layers are life savers!
10. Last but not least throw in a pair of jeans, just in case. One can always find a reason to sport a good pair of jeans.
PS. Bonus points for knowing to leave the flat iron at home and pack the elastics. The cottage life demands you embrace the pony and the bun, just enjoy the sun and the extra time you have just saved but not fussing with your mane for an entire week. So go and pack that bag, leave the real world behind and make some memories, cottage style!