Waiting To Adopt!

Our little family of four is on a waiting list to adopt….a new puppy! Yup!  So as we await the news that the new babe has arrived and it’s our turn to take home our new bundle of joy, (and trouble), we take every opportunity to stay in touch with our truly awesome Great Dane breeder and some of the events she has out at her farm.  This past weekend, was a walk and BBQ.  We walked, chatted and played with dogs and puppies until our hearts were…..almost content.

dantry1Dantry2DantryPup

Ack! So much cuteness!

A walk through the fields and sun streaked woods with 40 or so Great Danes?  It’s not something you get to do every day! DantryWalk1

I kind of loved it!

DantryWalk2

I simply can’t wait until it’s our turn to bring home our little Blue Great Dane baby.

Now taking suggestions for names!

Comments

1. Amy Heffernan says:

Great Danes are such beautiful big dogs. I hope you find a perfect puppy for your family!

You should let your furbaby name them self. Once he or she is home, it won’t take long for them to show you their name. Or does the breeder want you to name it for the paper work??
    How about something like Bayou Blue. They are such gentle giants.

they are beautiful. boy or girl, I always prefer girls cause you can rub their tummy without the peeper being in the way ick. and they cant lift their legs on furniture to pee.

4. Your family must be so excited
    I could hardly wait to bring my puppy home
    as for a name thats such a hard choice

5. Can’t wait to hear your new addition is home!

6. So cute! They are beautiful. I Googled shades of blue and there are some interesting names next to the color images. I can’t wait for you to bring yours home.

So exciting, can’t wait to hear all about it when you get him/her!

8. Oh yaaaaah! 😀 That is such exciting news!! 😀 😀 I can’t wait to hear more when you finally bring home a new pup! COngrats 😀

9. Do you know how much I love great danes?? They are such gentle giants!!! I love the name Blue!

10. Awww cute pictures! What big beauties! =D

11. cute pictures

12. That is great that you are adopting instead of getting one from the pet store!

Wow!! You’re right, that’s not something a person gets to do everyday!! What a beautiful breed of dog, very wise choice!!

I’m not sure of a name… they seem almost ‘royal’… are you expecting a girl or boy? or are you just going to be surprised 🙂 <3

I adore my dogs if people follow me on instagram will realize. they are a handful on occasion

15. 40 great danes! WOW! I love it! I can’t even imagine! lol

Popping by from Running Away, I’ll help you pack… 🙂 Can’t wait to see your puppy!

16. I lobe Great Danes – we had several when I was growing up. But always with uncropped ears so they didn’t have to go through that painful process.

I like the blue color – almost like smoke.

17. What beautiful dogs! We just adopted a little pug and have been enjoying every minute of him. Have fun!

18. I love the name bayou that was suggested above. I can’t wait to “meet” your new puppy once they are finally in your arms!

Such beautiful giants, that would of been so awesome walking with all the danes, I like the name Blu myself

20. *squeals* PUPPY!!!!! Sorry, I’m a sucker for puppies >.< Cannot wait to hear news of your new addition.

21. Janie Now...... says:

As a retired dog groomer & current dog sitter I commend this breeder. Adoptors see the size of the poo before you jump into living with it, so to say 🙂 We had a wonderful dog named Blueberry, Blue for short. So that’s my suggestion. Miss her like crazy. Congratulations on your adoption!! Can’t wait to see all the pics on Instagram

22. Fantastic news! Hope you will have your puppy soon. I had a dog many years ago, funny little thing. Her name was Greta. I’m sure that whatever name you choose it will be perfect for your new family member.

how extra adorable they are going to be when they havent grown into their ears. I was watching puppy videos on youtube this morning melts my heart.

Great danes are beautiful dogs. Are you guys thinking boy or girl?