Missing The Quiet

The countdown is on to back to school and the frenzy has already begun.  Mornings are spent in a panic, doing that “last minute” back to school shopping that I fear my girls will remember me for.  Afternoons are crammed with soaking up the sun with friends.  Squeezing in the max beach time and pool time we can.  The evenings are used to start organizing those closets, get ahead on laundry and fight the inevitable insomnia that comes with Back To School.  Today, what I am missing most, is the serenity and quiet times of the lake up north.

IMG_2374

Cottage2014E

Only about 340 days until we can go back.

Good luck to all these last few panic days before school!

Comments

When they are grown and on their own you will remember fondly the morning chaos and not miss it at all!

Another countdown started…lol! It is sad that it is Labor Day Weekend 🙁 I want to turn back the clock and have a redo on summer!

3. I miss these times when my children were little. Time goes by so fast!

4. I’m not ready for back to school, but I am ready for the kind of quiet that will bring 🙂

5. Jodi Mitrovic says:

It looks so beautiful there! So calm and quite <3

Oh how I detest this time of year.. the rush and panic trying to find the perfect ‘everything’… I will enjoy the quietness and peace the envelops our house every school day at 8:55am until 3:25pm. lol

7. I miss the cottage as soon as i leave the corner & can’t see it anymore

8. Treen Goodwin says:

looks like a peaceful spot , so quaint , i love to be around the lake while camping or being at the cottage i miss camping as well and the quiet !

9. I know that being on vacation it is always wonderful to get back home but I would love to try that quiet for a few years to see how it really is everyday!!!

10. I still cannot believe summer is ‘over’… I am really not ready for fall… I feel like we JUST got to the beach/cabin… so not ready!

11. Ugh, that looks so serene

12. Time flies by so fast!

I can see why you would miss it! Your cottage getaways sound like bliss.

14. It looks like an amazing place to get away to

15. Alayne Langford says:

What a lovely view for the end of a great summer!

16. Time flies… that certainly looks like the perfect way to end the summer!