The CN Tower: A Must Do For Families Visiting Toronto

IMG_0408

58 seconds at 22 Kilometers an hour.  That’s all the time it takes to usher your family from the ground floor to the Look Out Level of the CN Tower, a staggering 346 meters (1,122’) off the ground.  Your ears pop as you exit the elevator and tentatively make your way over to the famous glass floor to test your nerves.  Do you have what it takes to walk out there and look all the way down through the clouds to the ground? We did!

IMG_0458IMG_0466IMG_0468

These little people had no qualms about lying on the glass floor.  Seemingly nothing but clouds and sunshine separating them from the ground below.

After you’re done snapping a few pictures it’s time to make your way to the Outdoor SkyTerrace where the view of Toronto is unmatched and the wind will whip your hair into a frenzy.

TorontoCN2

IMG_0477

Do you want to go higher?  You can venture up to the SkyPod, one of the highest observation platforms in the world! Taking a second interior elevator you will find yourself a staggering 33 stories higher in the sky!  At this height of 447 metres (1465 ft.), you can enjoy an awe-inspiring 360 degree unobstructed view of Toronto, Lake Ontario, and surrounding region.  A separate ticket is required for the SkyPod experience.

IMG_0479

TorontoCN

Have time to enjoy a meal while at the CN Tower?  An experience of a lifetime awaits at 360 The Restaurant at the CN Tower.

360-Restaurant-Banner-1

Featuring “unforgettable food combined with a magnificent revolving view of Toronto more than 351 metres (1,151 ft) below. 360 offers market-fresh cuisine, featuring regional ingredients to ensure an incomparable culinary experience.”  Bonus:  Access to the LookOut and Glass Floor levels of the CN Tower, following your meal are complimentary with the purchase of a main course/prix fixe by each guest.

The LookOut, Glass Floor and SkyPod were more than enough adventure for our group, but if you are travelling with adrenaline junkies you can not miss Edge Walk!

EdgeWalk-Lakeside-Small

IMG_0454

Edge Walk “is the world’s highest full circle hands-free walk on a 5 ft (1.5 m) wide ledge encircling the top of the Tower’s main pod, 356m/1168ft (116 storeys) above the ground. Visitors walk in groups of six, while attached to an overhead safety rail via a trolley and harness system.”  Shiver.  My dear daughter is begging me to return and give it a try! Maybe I could just be her photographer?

The CN Tower is visited by over 1.5 million people each year!  If you would like to visit, here is a breakdown of ticket prices.  Prices shown here are from the CN Tower website, if you purchase on-line in advance there is a substantial discount.

Tower Experience (discount shown) General Admission

Child 3 and under free

Hours of Operation
Open daily, 364 days a year
Closed on Christmas Day
9:00am to 10:30pm

IMG_0450

Worth Noting:  We found the CN Tower to be vey stroller friendly.  Having tickets in advance will save you one long line up out front.  This attraction takes approximately 1 /12 to 2 hours depending on the age and interest level of your family members or group.

Want to know more about the CN Tower?  Find them on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure:  I was provided media passes for this attraction in order to enable this review.  As always all opinion are my own.  Source Pictures provided by CN Tower Media Site

Comments

I grew up in TO until 1978, so we went up there right after it opened to the public. I really need to go back and do it again to see all the changes since 1976

2. I went to the CN tower twice. Both on field trips for school. So cool, I would definitely take my family there, my son would go nuts.

The CN Tower is just an amazing place to visit for the entire family, A great way to spend part of your day!

my blood went weak just looking at that. the glass floor would have my nerves going and never would I ever be able to do that walk.

LOL My Mom really had to work up to walking on that glass floor. It goes against every natural instinct!

Next time we get to Toronto we will definitely check this out! I can’t imagine leaning back up so high! “heebie jeebies”

5. The glass floor looks really fun, I’ll be sure to check that out!

I haven’t been there since I was a little girl, I don’t know if I would be able to go on the glass floor though..lol

7. Looks like a fun place to visit. I can’t imagine doing that Edge Walk!

That edge walk is not for me, my 15 year old daughter really really wants to try it though. Maybe next time!

8. I don’t think I have ever been to the CN Tower and I live in Toronto!

Really! That amazes me! I would think every time you have company from out of town they would be begging you to go!

9. Heidi C. says:

I have visited the CN Tower a few times and really enjoyed it! I can’t wait to take my kids someday.

yeah..

xoxo <3 🙂

11. Oh wow! That looks like a blast, but I KNOW I would be FAR too chicken to step on the gas floor – no matter how great a view 🙂

12. To My Darling Daughters: Thanks so much for this wonderful weekend adventure….and I’m so delighted that I “conquered” the glass floor!! Love, Mom

13. I love going up on the CN Tower and seeing Toronto from that high up. For sure…I will never attempt Edgewalk! And the glass floor is always fun 🙂

I have never been up it, maybe one day but I hate heights so the glass floor would probably freak me out…lol

I haven’t been up the CN tower in ages, but we are thinking of doing it for charity the next time the opportunity arises. Maybe I’ll do the Edgewalk as well!

P.S. Your mother look so elegant!

I definitely would need a poise if I went on that little stroll. I think my legs would buckle before I even got outside or a heart attack

17. BobbiJo Pentney says:

I would love to take the kids to the CN Tower, maybe someday.

18. Rob Brydon says:

I don’t think I would do the Edge Walk that is a bit over the top for me, what a great view from up there though. The elevator ride was thrilling enough for me lol.

19. I have been to Toronto a handful of times, but have yet to go to the CN tower..one day

20. Went there years ago; would love to eat in the restaurant one day. Edge Walk not!

21. Although I have been to Toronto many times I have not experienced the view from the top

22. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

It’s about 15 yrs since I went up the CNN tower, amazing views from up there. I’m not one of heights so didn’t like the glass floors (apart from to look through) and there’s not a chance I’d go up to the SkyPod nor do the Edge Walk, that’s all for younger folk than me. 🙂

Trackbacks