How To Have A Luxury Family Stay In Toronto: The Ritz

Every once in a while there are milestones in life that need to be celebrated.  One of those occasions we could not allow to pass without the biggest of pomp and circumstance was that of my Mother’s 70th Birthday.  How does one celebrate such a birthday?  By whisking her away to Toronto for a stay at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, and by bringing the grandkids to add a little sass to our adventure.

Toronto1

After a two hour drive that included a copious amounts of snacks, one Disney movie and only one wrong turn, we arrived at our destination; The Ritz –Carlton, Toronto.

The Ritz-Carlton Toronto is located at 181 Wellington Street West, in the heart of Toronto, Ontario.  The location is ideal for those looking to take in the sites, do some shopping or take advantage of some of the cities world class restaurants.

This distinctive downtown Toronto hotel features:

• The only Spa My Blend by Clarins outside of Paris
  • A specially-commissioned collection of over 400 pieces of original Canadian art
  • The largest luxury ballroom in Toronto with 7,400 square feet
  • Dramatic views of the CN Tower, Lake Ontario, and downtown Toronto skyline
  • The Ritz-Carlton Club® Level with continuous complimentary culinary offerings throughout the day (breakfast, light snacks, hors d’ oeuvres, alcoholic beverages and sweets)
  • 24-hour fitness centre with Innovative Fitness personal trainers, salt water pool and jacuzzi
  • Toronto dining options include, TOCA Restaurant, Ritz Bar and DEQ Terrace & Lounge

When we arrived, our car was expertly whisked away by the attentive valet.

IMG_0500

Assistance was provided to get our stroller in working order.  Lots of assistance, without even asking for it.   The staff at the Ritz Carlton were always ready to help.

IMG_0502

We entered the contemporary and stunning lobby and as we checked in, were greeted by chilled flutes of champagne.

IMG_0489

The little one in our group was already enamoured with The Ritz-Carlton Toronto, having found himself a brand new ride!  Waiting in the lobby for the smaller set were three glamorous Mercedes’s Benz pedal cars the young one’s were welcome to enjoy at their leisure.

TorontoRitz10TorontoRitz29TRitz4

Tearing my SassyNephew away from his new favourite thing in life, we made our way up to our rooms.  Connecting suites we would call home for the weekend.

As we entered our suites we were met with some beautiful surprises, a hand written note welcoming us to the hotel, macaroons, gorgeous flowers both from Floraville and the Ritz , fresh fruit, and warm chocolate chip cookies.  An incredible way to kick off the weekend.

TorontoRitz5TorontoRitz3

SassyNephewattheRitz

Our first room was 450 square feet,contained a King Size Bed, a beautiful view of Lake Ontario as well as the iconic CN Tower.  The bedding was sublime.  A little investigation revealing each bed at the Ritz-Carlton Toronto is covered in Handcrafted Italian 400-thread-count Frette bed linens.  Perfection.

TorontoRitz4

A rollaway bed was added to our room without making it feel cramped, and without additional charge.  The room also was equipped with a 42" LCD Flat Panel HD television with DVD player and a Bose Radio/CD/iPod sound system.  Quite simply, it was a beautiful suite.

TRitz1

Separating the bed and bath was the mini bar and oversized closet.

Hidden underneath the mini bar is an electronic safe big enough to lock up your valuables and lap top.

IMG_0390TorontoRitz22

The ensuite bath room spoiled with a large marble bathtub and separate rain-shower.  The room was adorned with double sinks, heated floors throughout and an In-Mirror Bathroom flat-panel Television that makes you want to stay in the bath for hours.

IMG_0389

TorontoRitz21

Our second, and connecting room, comprised of two queen beds and was also spacious and luxuriously appointed.

IMG_0387

There was plenty of room for the crib we required, and the additional bag of baby products provided for our smallest guest was very much appreciated.

TorontoRitz17TorontoRitz16

The views from the large windows both day and night were truly picture worthy.

TRitz2TRitz6

When we explored the hotel we walked through to the spotless pool area just waiting for guests to jump in and enjoy a swim.

TRitzPool3

TRitzPoolTRitzPool2

Each time we ventured through the modern lobby, a new surprise awaited.  From a Cheese Tasting set up for mid afternoon, to a Candy Bar to indulge in!  A delightful surprise following a long afternoon of touring the city.  Especially when travelling with your children!

TorontoRitz25TorontoRitz27

Need to escape the city while you are in Toronto?  Look no further than the DEQ Terrace Lounge.  An urban oasis that with view of Simcoe Park and the CN Tower.  Perhaps the perfect place for a night cap after a glorious day in the city.

RitzDEQ

Everywhere we turned the Ritz-Carlton staff could be seen, doing all they could to make our stays just a little bit brighter, the smallest bit more luxurious, and to spoil us a little bit more.  They greeted us by name and even wished my Mother a Happy 70th Birthday as we drove off back to the suburbs.  The staff take care, go beyond, and make me want to return with my family as soon as possible.  If you are looking for a luxury stay with or without your children, I highly recommend the Ritz-Carlton Toronto.  My only regret, that we had to leave so soon.

TorontoRitz8

Thanks to the Ritz-Carlton Toronto for accommodating our stay to allow for this review,  As always opinions expressed on this blog are my own.

Comments

1. Oh Happy Birthday Stephanie’s Mom what a very lucky girl you are to have such a caring family to share such an awesome weekend with. I can imagine how much laughter, fun and love was had by all. The Ritz-Carlton Toronto is truly a beautiful place I will have to check it out. Oh what a wonderful Birthday for a very deserving woman. Happy 70th. B

Thanks so much for the kind words! We indeed had a lot of laugh on this weekend and made some memories. The Ritz-Carlton was the perfect place to call home for the weekend!

wow! what a nice spot!! Love the pedal car!

It was a beautiful place from top to bottom, and those pedal cars were icing on the cake for my 2 year old nephew!

3. Lucky momma! And your nephew in that car, adorable!!!

Aww thanks Renee, and lucky us! We had a great weekend celebrating, and yes the pedal car was a touch I’d never seen in a hotel lobby before!

4. Awe!! Happy Birthday to your Mom!!

Your little nephew has a smile that lights up a room! Happy Birthday to your Mom what a fabulous hotel experience!

fancy! was the candy bar free? id be in heaven

Yes!! The candy bar was there for the guests to enjoy and it appeared to be a hit with everyone!

This place is amazing looking! I don’t think I’ve ever been anywhere so luxurious, except for my 1st wedding recption at the Fairmont Empress…… What a great treat for your mom!

The Ritz-Carlton truly is amazing, luxury, grace and style all rolled into one. It really was a great treat for my Mom, and she assures me she adored every moment. 🙂

Looks like a great hotel! Glad to hear that it was a great getaway, I am sure your Mom had a great birthday!

My Mom truly had an amazing Birthday, and of course now find myself wondering why we waited so long to make an escape into the city. We loved everything about the Ritz-Carlton Toronto.

• Judy Cowan says:

Toronto has so much to offer but we never really think of it as a place to escape to. Thinking we too will have to plan a trip one day!

9. JaimeeM says:

Hotel looked nice, the macaroons looked absolutely yummy!

Happy 70th to your beautiful mother, she sure had a great birthday gift, The Ritz is so luxurious and i love how they look after their guests, glad everyone enjoyed themselves and had fun

Thank you Lynda! Not only was this a gift for my Mother, it turned out to be an incredible gift for myself too. We all enjoyed ourselves at this stunning hotel.

11. mrdisco says:

That’s a really nice hotel!

12. The little pedal car is so cool, love the hotel!

My two year old nephew gets up every day and asks if he can please go back to Toronto now? That pedal car made an impression!

13. I have to admit I had no idea the Ritz-Carlton was in such an incredible location! Thanks for the inside scoop.

You’re welcome! The location really is ideal! Hoping to go back and take in a Jays game with my Hubby 🙂

14. Such a beautiful place and the staff is so nice and helpful. I didn’t want to leave. And I was there just for a few minutes LOL
    Happy birthday to your mom!

P. S. Thank you for mentioning the flowers.

15. Birdiebee says:

What a beautiful play to stay. I have never been to Toronto nor have I ever stayed in a hotel as nice as this. The pool is so luxurious. The weekend looks like so much fun and better yet, you got to spend it celebrating a 70th birthday.

Oh thank you! I do wish I had a bit more time to spend so we could have lounged in that pool! So much to do and see in Toronto 🙂

16. Happy belated birthday to your mom! What an AMAZING birthday celebration to partake in 🙂 I am just floored at all of the stops the hotel puts out – from the paddle cars to the cheese trays – to make your stay such a memorable one! Wow 🙂 That certainly is one way to bring 70 in in style 🙂

This hotel truly goes a step beyond. The special little touches they added make such a difference in your day and your stay. I hope we gave my Mother an experience she will never forget!

17. Maggie C says:

OMG wow. great review! I’ve always wanted to check out this hotel … maybe next time when I have a night out in downtown Toronto!

Oh I do hope you find the time to check out this hotel the next time you are staying in downtown Toronto. I promise it will not disappoint!

18. Happy belated birthday to your mom, and what a fantastic place that looks like.

Two observations:

1) We used to use a jog stroller and hauling it out of the family vehicle when traveling, it was usual to see me going ninja on it as I tried to unfold the thing

2) I think your nephew had the ride idea with the car enjoyment, I am contemplating how to bend my knees so that I could fit.

LOL Those strollers need to come with easier to fold/unfold directions! The staff went above and beyond the call of duty to jump in and help us get that baby set up.
      And yes, I’m pretty sure there were a number of adults who wanted to try out those sweet little rides in the lobby!

19. MrDisco says:

think i would spend all my time in the jacuzzi

20. nicolthepickle says:

That chandelier is beautiful! And the pool looks so wonderful. Sounds like a memory making stay.

21. Cant believe how glamourous this hotel is! definitely want to stay there!

Happy belated 70th to your mother! She looks vibrant and beautiful! This definitely seems like a great place to stay!

23. SassySis says:

It was a fabulous weekend away in the most luxurious hotel I have ever stayed at. Travelling with a two year old can be difficult but the staff at the Ritz Carlton were fantastic and incredibly helpful.

So glad you loved it too! I will be sure to let the Ritz Carlton know you loved staying there with your SassySon!

24. Suddenly feeling the need to pack up and check out the Ritz.
    It’s so beautiful, I’m surprised you ever let the hotel!

25. ivy pluchinsky says:

wow that looks awesome!

26. kristen visser says:

HOLY what an amazing looking place to go to! i would love to go there with my hubby.

27. Florence C says:

Beautiful and amazing. Love to visit and spend some time in Toronto.

28. wow…fabulous looking hotel! Maybe one day we’ll get there….

29. awesome hotel

30. Umm..HELLO!! What a great hotel choice for your mama’s bday!! I am beyond jealous, but what an awesome treat for your mom, who really deserves it!

It was such a gift to get to spend an entire weekend with my Mom, my girls, my sister my nephew. To stay here was just icing on the cake!

31. Happy Birthday to your Mom! What a beautiful hotel!

32. Okay. I’m sold. Weekend getaway for me and the hubby! No dog. No kids. No cell phone. Thanks for the great review. I’d never have thought The Ritz.

33. Kristine Ewald says:

Wow that looks amazing and great review

34. Doris Calvert says:

Gorgeous! You have me sold what an amazing room! It would be nice for a few days of rest and relaxation.

35. Micheal Lefebvre says:

Wow very nice Hotel!

36. I would love to stay at a luxury hotel one of these days and be able to sight see with ease…Looks like a lovely hotel…

After the week from hell.. I’m ready for this.. come get me!!!

38. love this getaway! we all need to be treated once and awhile!

39. that car is so cool.

40. Love the Kiddy- Car !

41. I wish i had that pedal car!

42. Cheryl Grandy says:

A great way to celebrate your Mom’s birthday. The Ritz-Carlton Toronto sounds so nice | think I could spend a whole weekend there without going outside and still consider it a great vacation!

43. Nancy J Montgomery says:

Love those Mercedes’s Benz pedal cars! How clever.

44. Doris H. says:

This is an awesome way to celebrate with your mom on her special day. Sounds like an amazing experience!

45. wow looks stunning!

46. macaroons!! i suddenly have a craving

47. kelly young says:

i would love to stay there lucky girl

48. Micheal Lefebvre says:

Happy B-Day Beautiful place

49. seham merzib says:

Wow a beautiful hotel!

50. That’s really roughing it
    gorgeous hotel & it sound like wonderful staff

51. Amy Heffernan says:

Looks like SO much fun!

52. What a stunning hotel. I would enjoy a getaway there with my hubby.

53. BobbiJo Pentney says:

That looks like such a fun time.

54. The Ritz-Carlton looks absolutely lovely.

55. mongupp (@mongupp) says:

My son would love that baby Benz!

56. What a great place!

57. Wow, this looks like an amazing place to stay! Glad you all had a great time!

58. Debbie S. says:

Happy Birthday to your Mom! Many more!
    Wow, The Ritz-Carlton looks like a marvelous place to stay, and fun for children too! (Love that car, and cookies, yum! The rooms and pool and hottub all look very inviting!

59. kelly young says:

i live on the outskirts of toronto would love to stay at the ritz

60. how luxurious!

61. Tammy Mitolo says:

I had no idea they offered so many features. Thanks for letting me know!

62. Lucky you, that looks awesome!

63. The Ritz looks sooo posh !!! And your family look so cute & sassy !

64. For sure a wonderful, luxurious visit !

65. what fabulous pictures. looks like a great place too.

66. Carol M (Lushka S) says:

Wow, what a great place!

67. Every time I read this post..I try to see if my bosses need me to go to Toronto for anything..anything at all!

68. Tricia Cooper says:

Thanx for the review and all the fantastic pics! I’ve never, ever seen anything like the little cars in the lobby for the kids — LOL! Beautiful rooms and lots of extras! Hmmm . . . my Mom’s 90th birthday is coming up in a few months.

69. Wow that looks like an amazing hotel to stay at!

70. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

That really is a super hotel, with wonderful staff too. I loved the idea of the pedal cars for the little ones, the candy bar and the cheese platter, the flowers were a fantastic touch. A really beautiful place to spend a break. 🙂 Thanks for a great review.