Top 7 Things I Won’t Miss About School!

Eleven Days.  Just 11 more school days until my kids are off for two glorious months.  Yes, I am one of those Mama’s who loves to have her children home for the summers and wishes the school week was only four days long.  Weirdo.

Hunt3

The crunch is on for all the last minute assemblies, dance recitals and picture days.  Panic to get field trips squeezed in, and studying for exams.  There are fancy dinners, school picnics, teacher gifts to buy and summer plans to make. July has never felt both so close and yet so far away!  There are a few things I know for sure, no, a whole lot of things that I’m not going to miss about this school year:

1. “Mom, I can’t find any socks!”  Seriously, Where the hell do all the socks go?

2. School lunches.  No matter how organized I am at the beginning of the year, how much variety I think I’m throwing at my girls in September, by June, these lunches are nothing but tedious and boring.

LunchFridgeBinLunchPantryBin

3. Texts that read; “Mom I forgot my lunch.” Sigh.

4.. The alarm clock.

5. Early morning band practice! (I’m not even the one going to band and yet that early morning practice is so painful)

6. Group projects.  I know they are supposed to teach all kinds of team building and co-operation skills, but in this ridiculously busy time we live in those damn group projects end up being drama.  Personal conflicts, one child doing less than the others, and trying to find time everyone can work on them together? Yuck.

7. The Car Pool Drop Off and Pick Up Lane!  Grrr

I am grateful every day for the incredible education my children are receiving, but for some reason, this year, I can’t wait for school to be over!  Bring on the summer!

Sunset

Comments

1. I am with you! I will NOT miss making school lunches. Hurray for summer!

2. Yes can’t wait for summer!

Wow only 11 more days and then time for lots of summer fun! I hope it is a great summer for you and your girls! Love the picture of them!

I loved having my kids home too. people thought I was strange but I loved it

They grow up so fast, it’s such a gift to be able to spend extra time in the summer with them right ? 🙂

5. Shelley N says:

Totally agree with your list but number 1 on mine would have been the homework. My one son in particular needs to be prodded to do his homework so I end up being the heavy and the nag. I am relieved when the summer arrives. I almost think I look forward to it more than they do!

The homework! How could I have forgotten that one! My girls didn’t get slammed too badly this year, but I feel your pain from years past. I don’t enjoy being the homework nag. Yeah for homework free summers!

6. Heidi C. says:

I am crying over trying to come up with school lunch ideas – not! I am so with you!

That’s how I felt when my girls were getting older, I just couldn’t wait for summer breaks and what not

8. Brandee H says:

I agree completely on both the alarm clock and the lunches!! So nice to not have to do either!

9. Lunches, forgotten lunches, forgotten money for whatever, gym clothes, stinky socks, over stuffed b ack pack, and questionable internet searches.

10. I can totally relate to the early morning practices!

The problem with those early morning practices is that you want to encourage your kids to go to them, are proud of them for their extra activities and sticking with it, but by the end of the year how I would like to just skip one or two! LOL

11. I couldn’t agree more, I love the summer time with the kiddos!

12. Wow, your school year runs so much later than ours. I have to admit, I was glad to have packed the last school lunch ever in May.

13. I’m so happy for the summer!!

14. I will NOT miss that car pool drop off lane! GRRR! Can’t wait for summer!

I’ve been a Mom for 24 years… I LOVE IT WHEN THEIR OFF!! I’m the same as you.. wish school was 3 days a week (throw on a few extra hours for’em) and I get over the moon as school comes to a close.

We are done the 27th at 12:20.. I can’t wait!! I won’t miss packing lunches, the drama on ‘what to wear’, the emails/calls about incomplete work or lateness, the elementary drama the 8 year old brings home..

ah… welcome summer!

16. Jessica Terry says:

OMG I am totally with you. I will relish every second of our summer vacation as I too hate the alarm clock and making lunches. Ugggh next year I will have 3 full time in school and one full time at home with me. I will live everyday of the summer as if it were the only one I get 🙂

17. Looking forward to the summer my friend 🙂

18. omg yes! I so don’t miss the alarm clock or super early morning band practice! Actually that’s not true…I still have the pesky alarm clock to deal with thanks to work 😛

19. So close 🙂 Enjoy the holidays!

20. Ha ha. You are right at the finish line; I know you can make it.
    And before you know it….there will be NO MORE school. I’m sure you won’t have to make lunch when they are in college. 🙂
    XO

I’m so with you! Welcome summer!

Love the summer!! We can all catch our breath, relax and enjoy ourselves