Giving Thanks This Father’s Day

A few years ago I wrote a post about how  truly thankful I am for all the Dad’s and Father’s in my life.  With each passing year I count those blessings, celebrate the little things, and cherish some of these Men I’m so lucky to have in my life.

IMG_7901GRAMMYBrent

There are all kinds of Fathers in this world.  Simply fathering a child does not make you a good parent.  It takes work, dedication and boundless love to earn and deserve the honour of the coveted title of Daddy.  I am blessed to not only have an amazing Dad, but to have a partner in life who is a loving and incredible Daddy to our two girls.

Today is Father’s Day, and with the exception of a few sweet gifts and a gluttony of over eating we will spend the day like many other Sundays.  Mandatory chores that have to be done, some precious time around the pool, perhaps some time on bikes, and a giggle as we share some quickly melting popsicles.  In other words, it will be another perfect kind of day.

Today I am thankful that in our house, family is first, that laughs come easily.  Hugs and kisses never run out.  In this home there is one proud, protective, loving, giving, attentive Daddy.  Someone who can be counted on to dry tears, support big dreams, and be there to tuck each child into bed at night.  I’m truly blessed to have a partner that is a best friend in this crazy parenting ride.

This past couple of years a best friend has lost her Dad, another has lost her Husband.  I can’t imagine the hole this leaves in your heart, and in your every single day.

Today I want to thank my Dad for being strong, for letting me know I was loved.  I want to thank my Husband for being the fiercely loving Daddy that he is.  Every time I see him playing with our girls I fall in love with him a little more.

Thanks to all the amazing Daddy’s out there, and sending hugs, and strength to those missing loved one’s today.  Happy Father’s Day. XOXO

Comments

I miss my dad everyday he passed away at the age of 48 he was a great dad, great with the community also they dedicated our towns ball field in honour of him

2. So sweet, Happy Father’s Day to your Dad and your Hubby!

What a nice post! Happy Father’s Day to your hubby and Dad.

4. I am so happy to see it written “Simply fathering a child does not make you a good parent” This goes for mother day too. I appreciate my Fiancee because he is the father to our kids that I wish I had as a kid and my MIL has been a mother to me as I wish my mother was to me.

Awwww that’s sweet. Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers and father figures out there =)

I lost my dad in 1999 and to this day still think about him and all the memories, he was an excellent father and I was his little girl. loved reading your post, you nailed it well said!! Happy Fathers Day to the men in your family!!

7. Happy Fathers Day!

8. Heidi C. says:

I was so lucky to have a wonderful father who guided and supported me every day until he passed away two years ago. It is amazing the impact that having a solid father can have on your life. Happy Father’s Day to all the other wonderful fathers out there and kudos on a job being well done.

9. What a touching post my friend; just beautiful. Daddy’s ARE so important….just ask someone who doesn’t have one.
    So glad you and your girls are so blessed.
    XO

Happy Father’s Day! (little late… but… it’s from the heart! )

11. Michelle says:

Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads out there!

Beautiful message. Thanks for sharing.

wonderful post!