I am the Mama of two, count ‘em, two teen girls! I know you’ve heard the horror stories of raging hormones and slamming doors, but has anyone ever told you these pubescent land mines also come with unexpected gifts? They do!
Here are five of my most favourite surprises about life with girls:
1. I have grown giant children with feet that reveal that one day they will be mini giants. The benefit; I am now in a sweet spot with child number one, her feet are the exact same size as mine! Time to say yes to every shoe shopping trip she suggests and buy all the shoes! Sharing shoes! Never saw that one coming.
2. My SweetGirl has taken an interest in sewing. Sewing! I can’t sew but this kid has now made her own shorts, created her own T-shirt and fixed a button on her own jeans. Guess who I’m hitting up the next time I pop a button? Not that I have ever done that.
3. With two girls in the house hip fashion advice is never farther away then one closed bedroom door away. (whether I want it or not)
4. Somehow I have created a Master Baker. Thanks to my BlueEyed girl there appears to be an endless supply of homemade brownies and cookies pumping out of my kitchen. Not good for the hips but oh such a treat to have warm “chocolaty” goodness made with love any old time I want it!
5. Endless amounts of girl talk. I adore my Hubby and he does his best, but it’ so refreshing to have someone to chat with about how much we adore the Little Couple, how truly stupid the Bachelor is, to goo goo over the puppies at the park with, and if I’m lucky, even chat about boys with! All the girl talk a Mama could need, until I need wine, then I must call my other girl type people.
I always knew I was blessed to have two gorgeous daughters, I just didn’t imagine the extra kooky gifts they would provide would be so freakin amazing. Counting my crazy blessings today.