Feeling FIERCE Thanks To My Tour Of Puerto Vallarta!

I’m almost home! Have you been worried about me?  Well you should have been!  I’ve been on a press trip to Mexico and we stayed at the  CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort Hotel and Spa.  Wait, this isn’t the reason you should have been worried about me!  I adore Mexico, and the hotel was fantastic and very family friendly.  Besides, I’m queen of lying on the beach, soaking up the sun, swimming in the pool, ordering a frozen cocktail and taking advantage of all the amenities a nice hotel has to offer.  But this trip, I was way WAY outside my comfort zone.  On this trip I was fierce

I kissed and swam with dolphins at Dolphin Discovery.

DSC_0019

No, I rode dolphins!  That’s a happy face, not a scared one!  Seriously!

DSC_0058

I conquered the jungle!

Zip lines, repelling, white water rafting and riding mules at Canopy River!

PVCanopyTourRepel

I snorkelled with teeny Jelly Fish? I didn’t mean to. Zap. Zap. Zap. No harm done!

IMG_2123

I hiked, took selfies in waterfalls, and ventured into tiny fishing villages through the areas of Yelapa & Majahuitas thanks to Vallarta Adventures.

IMG_2133

I got off the beaten path, took a local food tour and ate street meat?

Who does this?  Apparently I do!! If I’m with one of Vallarta’s Food Tours.

IMG_2161

Quite frankly I don’t even know who I am any more!   I am very possibly the Mom my kids have always wanted me to be.  I’m brave, adventurous and free.  I explored as much of Puerto Vallarta as I possibly could in four days and can’t wait to give you my recommendations for the family friendly tours and must do’s in some of the most unique and untouched areas of Puerto Vallarta.   But first; I need a nap!

Comments

1. Brandee H says:

What adventures!!! I absuletly adore Mexico. Lived there for many years and other than hanging out with locals, I have done nothing on your list! Looks like so much fun! I think I need to book a trip 🙂

2. i always wanted to swim with dolphins.

3. kristen visser says:

awe sounds like an amazing experience and awesome pics! jealous over here lol

4. How fun is that??? So glad you got to enjoy it all. I think I might have been kissing a dolphin at the same time you were….but not in Mexico!

5. Hi, found you at Wordless Wednesday @ BeThere2Day…great photos and what an awesome trip! Looks like lots of adventure and nice experience! I would definitely need a long nap after all that, too. 🙂

I need a vacation to recover from this whirl wind trip, but I’m not complaining!
      Thanks so much for stopping by!

6. WOW! You are way more brave than I am. I could not of done the zip line thing. Everything else, I possibly could have done. How fun!

I’ve been to Mexico a few times now and have to confess I spent most of those visits just hanging by the beach. This time I really stepped out of my comfort zone and tried everything and am glad I did!

7. Wow! your a brave girl well done I enjoyed your photos and post quite interesting

Have a busytastic week 😉

8. Awesome shots! Looks like you had a blast!
    Happy Wordless Wednesday! 🙂

9. omg…..rode dolphins….how cool is that…you have been on quite the adventure….very cool….

10. WOW! What an absolute amazing adventure! Ziplining, snorkeling, eating, & riding dolphins? WOW!!! You ARE that momma all our kids want us to be 🙂

11. You are an amazing mom, need Sassy in front of your name, what a wonderful time you had, sip line, wow Im impressed!!! Your kids should be so proud of their mom!!!! Thats so cool, wish I were younger and could do these things.

Please stop by and share your link in my WW this week.
    Enjoy your day!!

They were a little bit proud, and a whole lot jealous!! I guess I have to take them with me next time!

12. Stephanie: You should feel fierce!! Good for you! You were extremely brave and adventuresome on this trip. I enjoyed spending time with you and your sassy hubs. Wishing I was still in that super warm pool enjoying pina coladas and a good book.

Oh how I am missing that pool! Was so great to spend time with you and your brave little one! Here’s hoping there are more adventures in store for the both of us soon!

13. What a wonderful adventure. Thanks for sharing it with us.

14. Wow that looks like a fun time!

Happy to hear you had such an awesome time, sounds like you did pretty good in touring and being adventurous, and it all sounded so wonderful, I would of loved the dolphins! now you need a vacation from your vacation..lol

You are so right! I am a bit tired from all that running around, I need to plan a trip back with some scheduled in beach time 🙂

• Lynda Cook says:

well at least you had lots of fun and did some new things, so wished I had the guts to do some new and interesting stuff

16. Dolphins! I’m so jealous!

17. nice pictures

18. Looks like you had a ton o fun!

19. What a holiday! i am jaleaus 🙂 Thanks for visiting us at pret-a-vivre.com

20. Great pictures!

did the street meat turn out to be ok

It did!! I don’t eat pork so couldn’t try it all, but Hubby ate everything that came his way and truly enjoyed it!

22. Lillian Brown says:

LIKE the pictures

23. Sounds like you had an amazing time in Vallarta! What adventures!

What an amazing adventures! Would love to swim with dolphins one day!

These Dolphins were truly loved and well cared for, it was such a gift to get to spend some time with them.

25. wow it looks like you had an amazing time. Not sure if I would try some of the things you did as I would be scared BUT so would love to go there

To be honest I had to really PUSH myself to do that zip lining, but I am so glad that I did! This is now one of those trips I will never forget!

26. Love the pictures!

27. Kristine Ewald says:

Love the pictures, would love a vacay!

Thank you! We’ve decided to try and make vacations a priority and make some memories with our girls before they fly the coop! Can’t wait to share the rest of our adventure with you!

28. MrDisco says:

everybody loves dolphins!

29. To be honest, I usually only think about these kinds of holidays as something to do during the winter, but now you have me thinking! Maybe a quick getaway after the kids are out of school would be a good idea! The price is right and it looks like there is so much to do!

I am one who is always planning my next vacation, but will also admit heading south in June was not something I had considered until now! The price really is right, and since we are coming back to sun, we didn’t feel like we had to spend every moment soaking up rays, we were free to explore, rest, and just enjoy! 🙂 Vacations in June could easily become a tradition!

30. MrDisco says:

zip lining looks super awesome

31. looks like you had a great time, looks beautiful there

32. Wow , that all looks so fun !!! 😀

33. SUCH an amazing post and getaway! You make me want to drop everything and book a trip now!!!

34. Totally jealous. I would love to swim with the dolphins one day.

Somehow I missed your comment earlier! Swimming with the Dolphins is something I will never forget! Hope you get to give it a try sometime soon!

35. mrdisco says:

i don’t know if i would be adventurous enough to try street meat

36. Maggie C says:

Great pix!! What an adventure!

Oh wow, the picture of you riding the dolphins seemed to capture the moment perfectly. I so want to do that!

Fabulous trip! I really want to swim with the dolphins some day too

There is so much to see and do in Puerto Vallarta! I hope you get the chance to experience the Dolphins too!

39. Melinda says:

Looks like an awesome adventure. Nice shot of you riding the dolphins 🙂

Thank you! (good thing you can’t hear photo’s I can just imagine the giggle/scream that was coming out of my mouth!)

40. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

Wow, that was a lot of firsts on this holiday. I’d be too scared for most of them you were very brave to do all of these things. 🙂