On Teenagers, Curve Balls and Rollercoasters

There are two teenage girls in my house that are keeping me on my toes.  Just when I think I have the world on a string, when I’m sure I have the minutia of everyday figured out, my teen throws me a little curve ball I didn’t see coming.  My perfect “straight A” student who always knows exactly what she wants and what she needs to do, maybe not so perfect?  Well of course she’s not, she’s a teenager and this is real life Mama!  My happy tween skipping through life one moment, left out of the party the next. Ouf, my heart.  Raising girls is not for the weak.  Once those babes are born it’s truly like having your heart walking around outside your body. If only it was easier to guide and protect that heart!  Raising these girls is very much like riding a rollercoaster.  Sometimes you just have to hold on, do your best, and enjoy the spectacular ride.

IMG_2094AlexaAndStephBalletBanquet

Feel free to send coffee, chocolate, wine,  patience and strength!

Comments

1. The joys I have to look forward to. My girls are 7 & 5. Sending coffee, chocolate, wine, patience and strength your way. Send it back to me in a few years LOL!

Sending those things your way! Remember that we were teenage girls too once and we have our tough periods of time but pulled through!

Girls are definitely more of a rollercoaster ride than boys, good luck Mom!

I’m a Mom to 4 girls 1 boy. I’d raise a boy any day of the week!

5. Heidi C. says:

I have to say my girls are great but have lived up to their label from their first doctor’s apt at 2 weeks when he called them “high intensity”. My little guys are a breeze compared to their sisters!

6. Oh SNAP!
    Some days I wonder if I’m ever going to survive the teenage years … and Cat is only going to be 12 in September.

Good thing I love her as much as I do.

Good luck!

I have two girls also and I find it is harder to raise girls then boys, you have to comfort them when they go through a break up and when getting picked on in school, must have the trendy new clothes also to fit in, where boys you don’t need to worry about half the things you need to worry about girls

It’s the worry! Kind of like reliving all those difficult teen years all over again and so wanting to protect their hearts. Sigh, we shall survive!

8. It’s roller coaster for sure…… sometimes you get to put your hands up in the air and laugh. Sometimes, you just have to hold her close and listen.
    You’ll get through it my friend.
    XOXO

9. oh dear- the roller coaster ride has begun in my house too… drama with girls, friends,.. Im not gonna lie- its a bit scary LOL

10. It is definitely a roller coaster ride! Your girls are so beautiful and I wish them all the happiness the world can bring them.

11. Raising one of each is interesting.

My daughter graduates high school this week and as the Grateful Dead once sang “What a Long Strange Trip It has been.”

Beautiful kids.

12. You and your daughter look really adorable together!

13. Beautiful, smart girls! I feel for you. I have one 13yo daughter in our house and she is fabulous and challenging all at the same time!

14. Be strong for her 🙂 As I recall, being a teenage girl is not for the weak – it’s drama filled & having your mom there to lean on (because really, no matter how old you are, the perfect medicine for heartache is always your moms hug) is a blessing!

15. kristen visser says:

they are beautiful! and i will know what your talking about in years to come. I have a 20 month old girl and pregnant with our second girl. shall be interesting. daddy and i are in trouble

16. It’s true…after all didn’t we all go through a similar phase? 😉 LOL.

I feel the same way about my girls

18. kathy downey says:

Life sometimes can certainly throw you many curve balls when you have teens,we all do it hang on and enjoy the ride and be there when they need you