Lack Of Sleep And Bad Choices

In life we make hundreds of choices every day.  Shall I have another coffee?  Black socks or white?  Skip the dreadmill today?  Most are of little consequence, don’t require a large mental capacity and will not have huge impact on your life.  However, there are some decisions that should not be made when you are sleep deprived, grumpy bitchy, and deep in the brain fog.  Today I make a list, a public service announcement if you will, of decisions you should never make on less than six hours of sleep. Yah, that’s why I’m doing this, not because I’ve done these.

Decisions you should never make when you are feeling like a zombie mom:

*Should you chop your hair off into a super cute bob for summer?

*Should you get a puppy?  A great big puppy?

*Should you throw caution to the wind and buy that complete outfit from Anthropologie and just get it shipped?

AnthropologieLook

*Should I just finish the damn ice cream and get it out of the house?

*Should I just volunteer to coach the girls softball team?  Geesh, someone’s got to do it and I can so throw the ball like a girl!

Thankfully for most of those sleep deprived decisions I managed to avoid catastrophe thanks to either friends, family or simply nodding off. But not all of them.  Sigh, I’m not telling you which ones.  Some of them are blogworthy.

Comments

1. Oh yes the chop your hair off thing I know everyone of us at one time or another have done that one. You are very normal my dear. That being said get some sleep.:) B

I am so thankful for a hair stylist who told me no! LOL Still have the hair and got some sleep this weekend 🙂

Heh, I definitely make regrettable online shopping decision when I’m sleep-deprived.

I have made some of my best and some of my worst decisions when shopping on-line late at night 🙂

I too have made some choices while sleep deprived and wish that I could take some back, but oh well it’s done now and next time I just go to bed no mind thinking in bed..lol

Oh ya, been there and done that! Hope you get some sleep!

5. Ahhh…the unwise choices. We’ve all been there (says the woman who just chopped the hell out of her hair on a “whim”). Can’t wait to see which one is blog-worthy.

Ahh! You chopped off your hair! Good thing about hair is that it does grow back, eventually 🙂

6. Awww. Finding things other than sleep results in me making lousy decisions too. I hope you get some quality pillow time soon–before you are kicking yourself too much.

So thankful to have gotten caught up on my sleep this weekend! I’m now ready to tackle the next week (and hopefully avoid those blog worthy choices!)

7. I’m going to guess hair, and softball? now the hair wont get into the way of the ball or the bat?

8. Oh, you are so funny.
    I know for sure that you’d never chop off those gorgeous locks!!!

9. Interesting, can’t wait to see which ones you did!

10. Suzie M says:

anything seems reasonable when you are sleep deprived yikes

11. MrDisco says:

lack of sleep is a horrible thing to go through

12. I really hope it wasn’t cut off your hair!! Been there and done that! Never a good decision to make when you are tired and emotional 🙂

So many women make huge hair changes when they are tired and emotional! Three cheers for the hair stylists who don’t let us follow through on our whims!

13. Haha! I think we can ALL relate to the fact decisions made at midnight are usually not as brilliant in the light of day 🙂

Still better than the choices you make after wine right?? 🙂 LOL Long live the late night shopper!

14. Karen E. HIll says:

The choices are all valid ones but you do realize that the zombie Mom bit can continue for up to 18 years, right after they get a license and you stay up waiting for their return! lol

I absolutely believe that! As it is I’m having a tough time staying up later than my tween just to pick her up from the movies, what am I going to do when I’m waiting for her to drive herself home! EEK!

• Karen E. HIll says:

Note to self: Things a parent has to look forward to. My son is 25 and on his own now but I can tell you some horror stories that would compete with daytime TV shows like Young and Restless. I am amazed I lived to tell about it.

15. Most of my decisions, unfortunately. are made when I’m sleep-deprived.

HA! Now that I really think about it, most of my decisions are made that way too! At least for the past 15 years or so! 🙂

16. Sometimes I can’t sleep because I keep thinking about the decisions I made throughout the day.

17. Shelley N says:

Yes sleep deprivation definitely makes you choose unwisely but one of the worst things it does is that it often makes you say things that you do not really mean or that you mean but you should have kept those opinions to yourself. Been there that is for sure.

18. Hahaha. I know exactly what you mean! Been there, done that. Luckily I haven’t made too much outrageous decisions while sleep deprived…well with the exception of online shopping 😉

ha! I do say that about yummy things in the house. but I wasn’t sleep deprived

Bad decisions oh yeah lol one or 2 dozen but know I can blame them on a lack of sleep

21. I’m laughing b/c I think I’ve done all of these, and afterwards swear not again – but my imagination finds something new to take me unawares – that is until I have done it!! The most recent was the hair – so much for a tiny trim that I had to keep “evening out” – now I have a puppy clip and many headbands.