My Late Night Love Is Retiring ! Letterman!

My TV crush is retiring!  Say it isn’t so!

Last night the smart, quick witted and always entertaining David Letterman announced that he is retiring next year.  He didn’t give a specific date for his last show, but 2015 will be his last year.  Time to start winding up those PVR’s and getting ready to say goodbye, because nobody does it like Letterman.

StephAndLetterman

A few years ago, David Letterman plucked me from the audience of one of his live tapings and gave me my 5 minutes of fame!  YUP!  On a whirlwind trip to New York City I made some memories that included David Letterman himself.  SassyHubby and I did all things “New York” that a couple wild and free not tied down by two kids should do.  Including getting plucked from the audience of the David Letterman audience to play the infamous “Know Your Current Events” game.  Squee!!  I had my five minutes of fame, might have been flirted with by a celeb, and made some memories that will last a lifetime.

Now he’s leaving the air and I’m wondering if it might be time for one more trip to New York City?  David Letterman was one of the first and the greatest Late Night Television Hosts!  Cheers to you and your last and hopefully best season!

Comments

Oh, I’m going to miss Dave so much! He makes me giggle like no one else! At least we have another year or so with him!

2. Stephanie, that was so much fun to watch and he was definitely flirting with you 🙂

Thanks Deborah,
      Hubby and I had an amazing time!! When we left the show I had people coming up asking me if I was a “plant” an actress! LOL

wow that was so awesome!! and ya I think he was a flirting with you too..lol. Dave may be leaving but you’ll have that tape and your memories forever!

We definitely made some memories that night! I will forever be grateful for that incredible trip to NYC!

that was so fun to watch lucky you. did you go eat at the restaurant?

Yes! After my hands stopped shaking, we called our parents and told them to set the PVRs for 11pm that night. Then we hopped in a cab and headed to the restaurant. Used that gift certificate right away! It was amazing! As if being on the show wasn’t enough fun, we got a free dinner too 🙂

5. never really got into him.

6. Susan T. says:

It is hard to imagine late night TV without him! I’m not sure that he can be replaced!

I agree! I got through a lot of late nights taking care of babies that would NOT sleep watching Letterman. It will be interesting to see what they do!

Wow what a cool experience! I never really followed his career but I know many others have and he will be missed!

8. I heart Dave! I am really going to miss him!

I’m going to miss him too! Love his Top Ten, of course his Current Events and just the way he interviews!

9. That is so fraking amazing!! We are going to miss him on late night!

10. Stephanie says:

Thank you! I had so much fun! I do wonder who they are going to replace him with!

11. SO awesome! You look gorgeous and such a natural. He totally picked you because you are so cute!

I was sad to hear the news! I can’t believe how long he’s hosted the show.

My heart sunk when he announced retirement. We watch Dave every night.. heck sometimes I fall asleep to him.. lol. He’s been apart of our “together’ time for quite a few years, he will be missed and he will be very hard to replace.

As you said, No one does it like Dave.

14. Doris H. says:

What a neat experience! Awesome!!!

15. I’m so sad he’s retiring! He’s the only one I watch. 🙁

You were adorable in the video clip!

16. Going to miss him! Cool that you got chosen to play Know Your Current Events!

17. Christy says:

lol, love you were chosen to go on stage. Going to miss him for sure.

18. That’s great that you had a chance to play Know Your Current Events! It will be interesting to see who ends up replacing him.

19. Anna Johnson says:

Letterman has always been my favourite, won’t be the same with him gone 🙁

20. Sorry to hear about Dave as well.

Oh wow–you rock Linda!!!! I mean Stephanie–haha.

21. I love his dry humour! He will be missed. One my fave episodes was his reaction to Drew Barrymore dancing on his desk.

22. That was so cute. He was for SURE flirting with you. 🙂 He is a special kind of funny.

23. Heidi C. says:

I was never a big Dave fan but |I do appreciate that he will be missed. I hope that a cool female host replaces him!

24. Melinda says: