What Would You Do If You Could Hypnotize That Man?

My SassyHubby and I adore movies and try and take turns picking the evenings entertainment.  I love the entire experience, the story telling, the dark, the popcorn and the chance to unplug from the real world. There aren’t many movies I don’t enjoy.  This past week it was my SassyHubby’s turn to pick the flick. He decided on “Now You See Me”.

Now You See Mee

Are you familiar with this movie?  Basically a bunch of smart ass kids use their magic skills to create havoc and commit some super smart crimes.  Maybe it was because I was so tired, maybe it was because magic kind of freaks me out, but this particular film did nothing for me.  It did however spur on an interesting conversation.   Even though magic gives me the heebie jeebies, I am fascinated by the idea of hypnosis.  Some random person snaps your fingers and suddenly you are clucking like a chicken or singing your heart out like you own centre stage at the Grand Ole Opry.  Embarrassing!  Would I ever allow myself to be hypnotized in one of those kitschy magic shows?  Nope.  Well, unless the hypnotist could cure my ridiculous fear of the dentist.  But what if I could hypnotise my Hubby?  Now there’s a thought!  What kind of power would I want over him?  So easy.  I’d snap my fingers or use the special code word and I’d use that power to have my Hubby spontaneously do a load of laundry, empty the dishwasher without being asked, or maybe vacuum!  Hawt!  The possibilities are endless!

When I posed the question to girlfriends; “If you had the power to hypnotize that man of yours, what would you get him to do?”  The answers were eerily similar.  Everything from getting that man to spontaneously pick his underwear up off the floor, to helping with dinner.

Then I asked my man the hypnosis question.  Can you guess what a man would do if he had the power of a hypnotist?  Let’s just say his snapping fingers would not result in more home cooked meals or cleaner sheets.  As a matter of fact, his answer was not “clean” at all!  Ha!  Once again I am reminded Men are really just teenage boys in disguise and I have one more reason to stay clear of magicians and hypnotists!

If you had the power of a hypnotist? What would you get your loved one to do?

Comments

I have never been hypnotized but have a great desire! lol

2. I can only imagine what my Hubby would get ME to do!! LOL

3. Well for starters I would convince them to clean the entire house top to bottom and make a 5 course meal 🙂

4. If I had the power and code word, it would be to move to Barcelona

Oh, this would be awesome! lol I would have my hubs hypnotized to clean, clean, clean!!!

6. I’ve been hypnotized a few times, it’s pretty interesting. I would just like him to put me up on the pedestal! I enjoyed that movie at the show and now it’s on HBO so I’ve watched it a few times.

7. Some of us …bacon…would use our..bacon… hypnotic powers for …bacon…good and not for …bacon..evil deeds.

8. loucheryl says:

I would let myself be hypnotized when I was with friends. That would be a cool party!

9. With my husband, I wouldn’t go for the cooking or cleaning. He already does all the cooking and will do cleaning – if I ask. No, I would use the hypnosis to get him to travel willingly. Getting this to happen would be a miracle. Hmmmm….maybe I need to find a hypnotist…

I bet if travelling is a “fear” a hypnotist would or could actually help!
      PS hang on to that man, how amazing!

LOL….I think my hubby would have the same answer as yours!!

11. Like everyone else, clean, clean, clean!

12. Hmmmm…..I think I would use my hypnotic powers to go out for dinner more often.

Haha that difference is hilarious! My wish would probably be similar to yours…

14. Brandee H says:

I would hypnotize him to actually do something!! Anything!! Clean? Cook?

My Hubby pulls his weight in the kitchen, now if he would only clean up afterwards. OH, or maybe buy groceries!

15. Great post, I loved it.

I am actually a hypnotist and I can tell you that unfortunately you can’t make people do things against their will with hypnosis (or my wife may tell you FORTUNATELY you can’t …). Though movies like Now You See Me can be entertaining they generally are more Hollywood fantasy than reality.

The thing I enjoy most with hypnosis is alleviating chronic pain, Hypnosis is incredibly effective at eliminating pain and the medical profession is utilizing more and more as an alternative to pain medication.

So if you want to persuade your SassyHusbby to clean house, do laundry or empty the dishwasher – a nice sexy lingerie will get you a better response than hypnosis.

Again I really enjoyed your post. It was very entertaining and your writing style is enjoyable and enthralling.

I am absolutely thrilled/flattered that not only did you take the time to read my post, but comment too! Thanks for “getting” that this little post is truly just a cheeky piece of writing.
      (and for the solid advise 🙂 LOL )

I would get my husband to finish the jobs he has started, I’m still waiting for trim around my door it’s going on about six years now, and my bathroom has been tore apart for about six months, so ya it would be to finish jobs

Ack! Yes, you deserve a little bit of magic! Six years waiting for trim is simply too long! The hypnotist )real one!! Who commented just before you recommends lingerie to get jobs done! Ha Best of luck!

17. How funny–yes that question among men would likely turn into a locker room discussion too quickly.

Well since we are in tax prep time, I would say the hypnotized Mrs. would do our taxes–since I do them and could find other ways to waste time. On second thought, her deduction strategies are border-line crazy, if she did the taxes, the government agents would be knocking on the door in minutes. Maybe I should just skip this question.

18. I thought this was pretty cute. Surely, if I had the power, my house would be spotless 24/7.

19. Hi everyone. There’s a big difference between stage hypnosis for entertainment and clinical hypnotherapy. I never click my fingers or use any props or have anyone running around like a chicken. I wouldn’t know how to nor would I want to!
    Hypnotherapy is about giving people tools to help them overcome anything that’s holding them back – could be low self-esteem or lack of confidence or a fear or phobia. I use hypnotherapy to help people deal with anxiety and stress or to cope with change. Hypnotherapy is about self-empowerment, increasing focus and concentration, stopping procrastination, increasing productivity and reducing absenteeism. Hypnosis is a process of helping you get into a relaxed state, it’s not something that is ‘done’ to you. It’s about helping you achieve your goals and get rid of any negative thoughts and feelings that may be intefering with your everyday lives. There are a lot of misconceptions out there. You shoud give it a go – nothing to be frightened of and lots to gain!

20. It’s best if we don’t go down this road! lol

21. Tiesha D says:

Play with people’s minds , not for me

22. you wouldn’t want to know. lol

mmmm naturally get him to clean up after himself and other stuff that shouldn’t be talked about here =P