Dizzy Blonde Mama, Seeking Balance

If I was writing up one of those cheeky personal ads to describe me this week it would simply read; Tired, Dizzy Mama, seeking a little more balance in her life

balanceLife

source

Why the struggle?

You balance your cheque book.  There is no choice.
You are supposed to balance your time between work and play. #failing
You strive to figure out the balance between Hubby and kids, and somewhere in there gouge out some time for yourself.  Wait?  What’s time for yourself again?
How much do you give your children and how much do you make them earn?
When to trust….when to double check.
How to set boundaries.  When to let go.
Good food choices vs. sweet indulgence.
Money saved for a rainy day or spent lavishly to on memories that will last a lifetime.
Hard work vs. frivolous fun.
Wants vs. needs.
Exercise vs. time to lie on the couch.
Obligations vs. choice.
Strict rules vs. crazy play time.
Give and take.

This week, our March Break, was a different sort then we are used to.  Instead of beaches and sunshine, we focussed on home, kids and the crazy beautiful chaos that is our regular life.  All good things, but the driving, being pulled in a hundred different directions at once, and truly feeling like I didn’t have a moment just for me has been a harsh reminder.  Even though I love this life of a Mom, and I am blessed to have it, I must find my balance.  The happiest moments are when you control the chaos, not when it controls you.  Time to shake things up, strike some “must do’s” off the calendar, and add in more joy.  Time to slow the roll,  get on top of the chaos, and make balance a priority. Life is always a delicate dance, time to find the song that works for me.

Comments

1. Brandee H says:

If you find the magical recipe for balance please let me know!! Im past dizzy and just plain exhausted!!

I’ve accepted the fact there is no balance, especially with children. Some weeks seem so chaotic, while others feel lazy…if only there was a common ground.

3. Whenever I read about balance (and I’m a believer), I think of the Ani Difranco song, “Splinter.”

“And maybe it’s because I am Libra
    But I say balance balance balance balance”

4. Just know some day they will be out on their own and you will sometimes but not always wish for the hustle and craziness of it all over again but then you know they are doing the same thing with their children. A circle if you will.. Balance is key. B

5. loucheryl says:

Balance is definitely the key. I’ve been burning the candle at both ends lately. I spent most of my weekend in bed because of exhaustion. This is SO not like me. I hardly ever take naps but to spend the entire weekend in bed!?! Completely unheard of. Again, balance! If I didn’t rest, I would have made myself sick. I happily feel better and well rested today! 🙂

I wish the March Break was more restful for you, m’dear. I hope you find time to be kind to yourself.

7. I think you will need to update this post when you “find the song that works” for you – because everyone should be playing that song!

8. Hopefully you had a good march break regardless of whether or not you balanced things out. Relax with a bubble bath after the kiddies go to bed 🙂

9. I hear you! I hope you had managed to do some of it during your break. My husband very kindly sent me ‘home’ to South Africa for a week. It was great to just get away from everything that I have to do when I’m home.

10. we all need time to rest and recharge

11. Ugh, I feel exactly the same right now. My to-do list is piling up and really weighing on me. I simply must find some balance!

12. I just wrote a post about this and trying to schedule my life a bit to find some balance. If seems that there is just never enough hours in the day. I once heard that instead of balance we should aim for a good mix that works for us. Maybe that is the key. Let me know if you figure it out LOL

13. Balance has never been easy for me and I definitely need to add a lot more joy!
    Life is too short not to enjoy it more……

14. It is a delicate dance, but I think you’ve got a great handle on it….or at least you are trying to.
    XO

I think balance is something we are always striving to find. I find even when I do get close to finding it than life always throws something in to put everything back into chaos again. I have accepted that I have to embrace the chaos but that I do need to try and take at least one hour out of everyday for “me time”, right now that it right before bed when things are quiet and I take an hour to wind down watching something on Netflix that I want to watch but no one else does.

16. My friends who have older children used to tell me, “It’ll get better.” And they were right. My girls are 18, 16, and 13. Just having one to get a license made a difference. I also cut out a trip to the farm for horseback riding lessons for my daughter and another day for me. Cutting down on the “going” helps tremendously, but the mental change (diminishing guilt, good selfishness, etc.) also helps. It seems that we have to “go through it;” that no one can talk us out of it; that we have to get there on our own. You’ll do fine. Sounds like you’ve already begun.

I just want you to know that I had this kinda week this week. Today has been the really only down time I’ve had and my mind is going in a thousand directions.

I don’t get these times often especially now with 1/2 the children out on their own, but this week has been insane and made me feel more crazy. The pregnant one fell, on again off again labour, my son moved back home bringing a friend that came up from Arizona .. and decided to stay in Canada. My 16 year old twisted her foot and we spent 6 hours & had to have 2 dr’s and 1 nurse in emerge to confirm what I said before we even got there “you need xrays”.

I won’t even get started on the little stuff.. just know it’s my turn lol

Balance is an ongoing and never ending thing. Hoping to find the balance to a few things one of these days.