Differently Organized

I am not a scatter brain.  I swear.

I know exactly where my ice cream scoop is.  The ice cream scoop my Mom used to use and has now been “passed down” stolen from her house to me, because one always needs ice cream from the perfect scoop.

IceCreamScoop

I never loose track of the wine opener because c’mon wine and the suburbs?  Duh.  I rarely loose my car keys, and do a decent job of keeping track of my oh so sexy not glasses.  So why is it that there are certain things in my life that seem to get lost over and over again?

Take Socks.  I buy new socks more often then I care to admit.  Does the dryer eat them?  Is my cat making a bed somewhere I do not know about?  Are they falling down vents or walking out of the house on their own?  The damn things simply seem to disappear!  No matter how many pairs I buy, there are never enough clean socks.  My new approach; buy the ugliest brightest socks I can find.  I think my daughter’s have been helping themselves to my socks!  This will stop that  sock thievery.

Socks

Its a never ending fight to find hair elastics.  Poof, they are nowhere to be found, …but that is totally normal.

I can never find tweezers when I need them, this only eats about ten minutes up of each day.  Not so bad…right?

Who steals my lint roller?  This one is a little bit frustrating!

Where do my lipsticks go?  Wait, this is actually being organized right, I mean, a busy Mama should probably just keep lipsticks in every purse.  This is very efficient.

Speaking of make-up, has anyone seen my new fave eyeliner?  It’s that new Covergirl ink it! eyeliner.  The colour is so vibrant, glides on so smoothly, never needs sharpening and is waterproof!  I really don’t want to lose this one!

Ink_It_Eyeliner_1InkItEyeliner

Oh and Hubby, no, I do NOT know where your hat is!  (See I am not the only one who is misplacing things * hands on hips and sticks out tongue)

But…has anyone seen my black boots?  No, not those black boots, the other black boots.  My family would be much more helpful if they just knew which boots went with which outfit.

So see, I’m not a scatter brain, I am just different organized.

PS Who has the remote?

Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.

Comments

LOL….love it! I try to be organized but it does not always work as planned. And I am sure when I put something somewhere it was a good spot…so good I now can’t find it!

2. Those are the best scoops.

3. Elizabeth D. says:

When I was younger and single I had a visual memory of where everything was from screwdrivers to sewing stuff – I knew where to lay my hands on everything if and when it was needed. But now, I don’t know if it’s that I’ve gotten older or that I’m not the only one using these items that I’ve lost touch with those visual memories that used to help me out and it takes me forever to find things.

That is such an amazing gift to have a memory like that. I never had any kind of memory skill so now that I’m in my 40s, I am in a world of trouble!

4. I’m going to check out that eye liner, it sounds pretty neat!

How I know I’m on to a good make-up product? My 15 year old daughter try’s to “borrow” it from me 🙂

5. I *technically* know where everything is…the problem is someone else (Hubby!) never puts it back where it belongs?

6. Too funny Steph! All these things ring true. I swear we have a sock monster in the dryer and I buy hair elastics with my groceries: weekly!

7. I love that and plan to use “differently organized”. My issues is those hair ties, and usually my keys.

Maybe we need to create a biodegradable hair elastic? Then I would feel less guilt when I keep buying more and more of them!

8. My household might be on the messy side but I usually know where things are.

its my glasses since I dont have to wear them all the time I never remember where I set them down. One time I set them down and couldnt find them for a year, at christmas I was taking out the lights for the tree and they were in there lol.

LOL I actually read your comment to my Hubby. He lost his glasses this Christmas. Now we are hoping they might be with our Christmas decorations!

Taking 10 minutes to find my eyeliner or tweezers is the story of my life!

I don’t know why those tweezers are so hard to find but they are! Huh maybe you and I should be buying bright pink ones!

Tell me about it with the socks they are always missing, oh I really like putting two in the wash and only one comes out, what do they do just “poof” lol, and we are always looking for one thing or another around here, sometimes I just give up. but I must check out that eyeliner sounds pretty good, oops gotta go hubby can’t find his gloves..lol

I honestly don’t know where the other sock goes. Maybe we need to start pining them together before they go in the wash? Nah, too much work!
      And that eyeliner! Yes, I love it, plus you never have to sharpen it!
      Hope your Hubby found his gloves! LOL

12. I can totally relate. I know what things I have, I just don’t know where they are all the time! But it’s not just misplacing items for me, I also forget what I want to do in the midst of doing the thing! So frustrating lol

Oh I’ve done that too! Walked into a room and gone, what was I doing again? I blame that on not enough sleep or need of coffee 🙂 (clearly it can’t be our fault!) LOL

13. Anna Johnson says:

I Love it!! I’m going to use Differently Organized and see if my hubby buys it! lol

14. I am constantly misplacing my phone and I don’t know how many times I have had to phone myself just to find the damn thing!

lol! I love it <3 .. I lose track of everything, it's become the new way of life 🙂

If I could keep my health card in the same spot it sure would make life simpler.. but, there's not much fun in that lol

Those pesky health cards or items we only need a few times a year can pose a problem! It’s stressful to lose track of them!

16. BobbiJo Pentney says:

I lose everything. I can’t find my keys in the morning so my husband bought me a clapper for it….I lost it.

17. I very, very frequently misplace my cell phone and then have to call it from my computer to find it. I think socks are victims of static and often end up getting spirited away by a towel or another piece of clothing. That’s my theory, anyway.

I like your “spirited away” theory. Maybe all our socks are out there somewhere in the house, maybe even the world on an adventure 🙂
      And calling your phone from your computer, very smart. My advice, don’t ever ever put your cell phone on silent!

18. Well, I’m proud to say that I know where all that stuff is….what I can’t locate is my sanity! :0

19. Carol M (Lushka S) says:

I could write a whole book on my misplaced stuff, I can relate.

20. amy cantin says:

I love being organized….I sort and organize as much as I can so I remember where moist things are. I so hate when I miss place something, drives me crazy…..hands end up on my hips and tapping my foot in annoyance!!!!!

LOL. Great minds think alike! I am like this too! No…I didn’t forget where I put it, it just up and disappeared on me! 😛 ahhh the elusive items that disappear when you need them but appear when you don’t need them.

22. I am like you and can’t find my stuff too!