A Very Different Sunday

Just another Sunday in our house.

A trip to Tim Horton’s, bacon and eggs, laundry and homework.  Sunday.

Hey Grease is on! (So is Diary of a Wimpy Kid)

Throwing cookies in the oven.

Going for a drive, just to enjoy the sunshine.

Prepping for a fantastic Sunday dinner.  (because there’s time!)

Lazy days.

..and yet today was so different, too different.

I find myself distracted. Unable to concentrate on work.  Flitting back and forth between meaningless household tasks.  Constantly checking my cell phone.  You see, one of my little birds has left the nest.  Well, for a few days.  My BlueEyed Girl is off on an adventure.  Way down in Myrtle Beach at a National Cheer Competition with her team.  She is having the time of her life.  Soaking up the sun.  Walking the boardwalk, hanging with girlfriends, posing for pics on the beach and shopping, shopping, shopping.  Oh yes, competing too!

2013GradKaliandStephSABSemiK

While I am thrilled that she is having “such a great time”. (quote bye the BlueEyed Girl that made my heart soar) Her absence leaves the house too still, too quiet and too…empty?  The house feels….incomplete.

CheerKaliCheerStunt

I am thankful for the amazing opportunities Cheer has given my girl, the friendships and the love; but I’m not yet ready to have one less bird in my nest.  Don’t tell the teen, but I’m missing the noise, the drama, even the occasional flash of teen girl attitude.  Most of all, I’m just missing the love.

Already looking forward to our next lazy Sunday.

Comments

Glad to hear that she is having a great time, an amazing experience for a teen! I think she probably already has sensed that you miss her 🙂

2. Both of you, so gorgeous! (And I so get it… when my boys are even at their grandparents house for a sleep-over I hate the quiet in the house. I have to be constantly doing something, because I miss them way too much.) xo

3. We love SC–and we are all cheering for your daughter!

4. Heidi C. says:

I am sure she must be having an amazing time…short warm-ups for when she eventually leaves the nest.

5. Awe, it is hard to let them fly isn’t it, but you are being a great Mom.

Good luck to her and her team!!

7. tell her to bring us some warm weather back with her? 🙂 Good Luck!

Good Luck to the team!! She’s probably having a great time, but I know what your feeling I was the same way when my daughter left for a couple of days far away, I wasn’t myself till she was back home save and sound

9. BobbiJo Pentney says:

Im sure you are proud of her, but I bet it is scary. I hope when that day comes for my kids I don’t feel too overwhelmed. Good thing for the support of friends.

my oldest just flew the nest and my youngest is graduating from univ this yr. but Im keeping her at home forever!!!!

11. Good luck to her and the team! 🙂

12. Myrtle Beach? Yes, I’m sure she’s having/had a fabulous time!

13. Susan T. says:

I’m sure she is having an awesome time! She’ll be back soon enough! 🙂

14. ahhh girlie, I don’t even want to think of those days yet.

I love cheer has done so much for her, what great opportunities.

15. Awww…this is so sweet. It is bittersweet when they can do stuff on their own. I hope she enjoyed the whole experience; I know full well she missed her sweet sassy mama.
    XO

The absence of one can impact so much! Silence is a golden as it is deafening!
    I’m so glad she’s having such a great time and enjoying the moment & many Congratulations to her on this beautiful accomplishment!

17. I know the feeling too well and it doesn’t get easier with time…..((HUGS))

I’m sure she’s having a blast! We became empty nesters about a year ago and it was such a difficult adjustment. Now, our youngest is moving home and we face another adjustment lol Your feelings are very normal

19. Good luck to her and her team! My nieces both just started cheerleading and are loving it! It’s rough when they start going out and doing their own thing, but these are memories she’ll cherish forever!

20. sarah sar says:

Wow, well done her on such a great accomplishment! She must be having the time of her life!

21. My daughter also loves cheer but not at this level yet- she just started ! i love a great lazy sunday too

22. Michelle says:

My daughter was going to try cheer but she wasn’t a fan..I’m glad that your daughter loves cheer…and Yay for Timmies 🙂

sounds like she’s enjoying cheers quite a bit. lazy Sundays are awesome.

24. good luck