Suck It Up Buttercup

I’ve gone and done it, I’ve caught the Man Cold.  Do you know the one I mean?  For the last three days I have been craving the warmth of my bed, just wishing I could spend the hours smothered beneath the layers of my duvet hiding from the world.  The Man Cold is the unique kind of cold that gives you permission to whine, blow your nose, demand tea and ginger ale from your loved one’s, and maybe just maybe call your Mommy.  The thing is, it’s just a freakin cold.  I can’t be taken down be an exaggerated sniffle, a stuffy head and sore throat!  I am a Mother.  A warrior.   A queen of all things multi-tasking.  It’s time to suck it up buttercup.

SickDay

So this morning, I declare war on the Man Cold.  I will fake it until I feel it.  Fake feeling better until I actually do?  Can this be done?

I will give thanks to the creators of Visine, who will help me look like I slept longer then four hours last night.

I will pop Advil, DayQuil and NyQuil over and over until something kicks in!

I will plaster on an extra layer of make-up and pretend I don’t look as bad as I feel.

I will greet my girls with enthusiasm, stop and listen to them intently , even though all I can really hear is some strange kind of buzzing sound .  Huh?  Maybe I should get that checked out?

I will car pool with gusto, even allowing the radio to “be cranked all the way up”.

I will fight the germs with Vitamin’s, orange juice and chicken soup.

I will spray my house with every cleaning product known to mankind.

I will sneak a nap when nobody is looking, this is how it is done in the suburbs.

I will cook food I can’t taste.  Smile when I don’t feel like smiling, and power through this day.  I will remember we only get so much time with our babies and I will not let a stupid Man Cold rob me of an entire week!

Plain and simple, today, I will suck it up buttercup.  Sniffle and sigh, wish me luck.

Comments

1. Ugh I hate those! Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!
    I hope you can at least give in to it a little over the weekend!

2. That is too funny, gives me a smile this morning. Feel better soon.

I hate those days. I know what you mean, ongoing recovery from my wisdom teeth surgery and it’s an ongoing battle. Suck it up and go on, we are awesome at doing that. Feel better soon!

4. Yuck! I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes it’s best just to switch your mindset and be positive that you are getting better!

Wishing you hugs and a speedy recovery.
    xoxo

5. Aw, sweety, I hope it passes quickly. Both Hubby and Stud Muffin have been down for the count for over a week now. =( I’m sure the minute they’re back to normal, I’ll be in bed for a week!!

6. Stephanie says:

Thank you so much! Will keep faking it until I feel it 🙂

7. courtney b says:

im sick too so i know the exact feeling! yep suck it up just like i’m doing! flu sucks!

8. join the dark side – crawl back into the warm comfy bed. we also have cookies.

9. Betsy Barnes says:

Good luck to you! I’ve been keeping my fingers crossed and sanitized that I don’t catch anything! 🙂

10. Oh no Man Cold! I say make a cup of tea and then send yourself to bed 😉

11. Knock on wood I have avoided the cold so far this year. I hope you feel better soon. 😀

Good luck and hope you feel better soon! Even a woman with a Man Cold, is no where as bad as a Man with it!

LOL You made me laugh, You are so right, even a woman with a Man Cold is no where NEAR as bad as a man with it!

13. Moms always seem to be able to tough it through :)!

14. More naps! Sleep helps. Get well soon.

15. Awww, I hope you feel better soon.

Isn’t it sad that there is no days off for parents? We get sick and kids still expect us to do everything no matter how we feel.

16. Yucky…..it’s hard. I woke up feeling the man-cold this morning, but I’m going to ignore it. 🙂
    LOL
    I HOPE you are feeling better by now!
    XOXO

Oh no!! The Man Cold is everywhere!! Hope you don’t get a bad case of it.
      AND over the counter Meds are a wonderful thing, feeling much better today! Thanks 🙂

17. Awww 🙁 I hope you feel better soon!

18. i am no where near sucking it up! I’ve called uncle! I’m sleeping like a rock, I pulled 2 from school. One was sick one was almost sick but I couldn’t go get him if he got worse so I pulled him. Today is the first day I haven’t coughed up something, but if I could just get the headaches to stop pounding?
    I don’t want to touch my makeup for fear or contaminating it. LOL

Oh sweetie you have a really bad case of the Man Cold. Go to bed, indulge in some terrible day time TV, go to sleep and I hope you feel better soon!

19. Feel better soon…..((HUGS))

20. Wishing you a speedy recovery from this man cold!

21. Christine Topley says:

Caught a cold tending to all the man cold peeps in my house. Was sucking it up until it knocked me right on my ass. Good luck!

22. Eileen Richter says:

Yep, you are MOTHER , hear you sputter!
    We have had so much horrible stuff move through and I get it ALL and 5x worst. Immune system has been JohnWayned…shot to hell! Hope YOU are feeling better! (my buttercup days ended about 18 months ago…been treading water since).

Aw hope you feel better!

24. kelley wood says:

feel better!!!! 🙂

25. suck it up buttercup – lol. drugs are a good thing at times like these.

us women always have to suck it up for our families and jobs, when we are sick there is still a household to run because nothing will get done, meanwhile the men can stay in bed and whine and complain,,big babies lol. Love that one commercial..”Kim,Kim call my mom” yup that’s so true lol

27. Oh my goodness, feel better soon! (I’ve totally faked it until I made it, such is life!)

28. I hate the man cold. I crumble to it.