Chicken Shortage, Caffeine Love & Thanks To Baileys!

The weather sucks,  I can’t get warm, and I started the beginning of my week by inviting an exterminator into my home to do battle with a bat.  Shiver.  My alarm didn’t go off yesterday, I’m pretty sure I pulled a muscle in my back and my youngest daughter has gone and caught my Man Cold.  Does this make me happy? No, it does not.  Do I feel joyful?  Hell no.  What it does is make me want to do is spike my coffee with Baileys, put my head back under the covers and refuse to come back out until spring.  Instead I have decided to make today a Thankful Thursday and give my fat ass a big old reality check,…cause it ain’t that bad.

Winter

*Took a drive to the lake yesterday to run some must do errands, scored three full hours of uninterrupted couple time.

*It only the middle of January and I already have all the Christmas decorations put away.  Winning in my books!

*We’ve had a ton of rain and the weather took a turn to a balmy plus two.  Horrid snow is actually melting away.

*Costco was out of chicken on the weekend (how do you run out of chicken?) but when I went back today that chicken was on sale!!  Small victory.

*Exterminator declared our house bat free so I can now safely have fires in my fireplace.  Maybe I will finally get warm?

*Hubby made me a coffee after dinner today without being asked.  Caffeine makes Mama happy!

*I realized the sticker is expired on my car.  This is good news because I realized it, I did not require the assistance of a police officer to be enlightened with this important information.  (not that this has ever happened)

*Had an epiphany; I may not be able to remember the name of the couple I met five minutes ago, but I still remember all the words to “Like A Virgin”, so at least it’s just my short term memory that’s shot.  It’s important to find the bright side.

All of these things are worthy of big fat thanks!  Spring will come, the sun will shine again, kiddo will recover from the Man Cold and in the meantime, there is always that Baileys!

Comments

1. Happy Thursday! Finding things to be thanful for is a good thing. Can I suggest chocolate!

2. I made it through the wilderness…somehow I made it through..didn’t know how lost I was..until I found you.

ps – I’m winning: already have my Christmas decorations up for next year 😉

Thanks for reminding us that we should be grateful for the little things.

I like the way you think!! There is nothing wrong with having those Christmas lights up for next year either 🙂

3. I am so, so over winter, Stephanie. Nothing is warming me up, either. I am looking forward to spring and warmer days is such a big way! And mmm… Bailey’s…

Bailey’s & Coffee – yep that works for me!! But yes we should be thankful for the little things in life 🙂

Happy Thankful Thursday! You’re a trooper for sure!

again another great post, you put a smile on my face today and had a little chuckle..gotta love the baileys…Happy Thursday!!

7. There, there. It will all be ok. Have a cookie!

8. Happy Thursday! Thank you for the reminder that no matter how crummy the day may be (and my week is not winning any awards for greatness), there are always glimmers of sunshine in it 🙂

Oh sorry to hear your week has been kind of suckish! Hope you find some sunshine this weekend 🙂

9. We went and did some reading, my “cold” was the flu. 🙁 yuck! YAY! for your long term memory, I wont mention that it’s the short term that goes first? no? how’s your hearing dear? HA! I love that you saw your sticker was up. Here they send you a note in the mail, we’d be screwed without that letter.
    I hope the girls get over the cold quickly.

Oh no!! I will take a cold over the flu any day! Sad to say the girls and I are finally starting to feel better and now Hubby is curled up on the couch in the fetal position 🙁
      Hope you feel better soon!

10. Glad you noticed the sticker before the popo did. Those were always easy tickets for officers–in that you either are or you are not and people would just pay them off so the court time was not an issue.

Nice work with the decoration removal–we are accomplished that this past week as well.

Enjoy your weekend.

Thank goodness I noticed my sticker before the police! Such a dumb thing to lose track of (especially for a rule follower like me)
      Yeah for getting those decorations down, it’s the little victories!
      Hope you have a great weekend!

11. I have been wanting to try the Baileys in my coffee. It sounds delicious 🙂

12. Caffeine makes me happy too.

I cannot wait for spring! Warmth! Yay!

I’m already on my second coffee today, it just makes Saturdays better! Who am I kidding, it makes every day better 🙂

13. I would starve if there was a chicken shortage :”(

14. Love your positives! My daughter turned 12 on Friday, which is definitely a positive, even though we are having our kitchen done, so I couldn’t make her a cake (first time ever on her birthday). So glad the bats are gone. Weather here is so odd – pouring with rain and then warm and sunny. Not too cold though – different Londons!

15. Love your positives! My daughter turned 12 on Friday, which is definitely a positive, even though we are having our kitchen done, so I couldn’t make her a cake (first time ever on her birthday). So glad the bats are gone. Weather here is so odd – pouring with rain and then warm and sunny. Not too cold though – different Londons!

16. Oh, I love your list. Seeing the good over the bad is a gift and you have it!
    Stay warm!!!!

17. I loved this list of positivity, especially that you are bat-free! Gotta celebrate the small joys and victories!

18. i’m joining your grumpy campaign and calling on a ban on january. i slipped on black ice and hurt my knee on Friday. Be gone evil January!

19. Cheryl Grandy says:

It’s amazing how many things we have to be thankful for when we stop to look for them! Thanks for the reminder and the lighthearted post.

20. reading this reminded me the sticker is going to expire on my car — I’m thankful you reminded me 😉

21. A coffee after dinner is a treat, I don’t have that too often, but very special when it is made and given

22. loucheryl says:

I’m with you…how does Costco run out of chicken??? LOL!

23. Gotta love Bailey’s

Costco ran out of something?? wow