A Year In The Suburbs

How do you begin to wrap up a year?  These past 12 months have been more than I could have hoped or asked for.  There have been extreme highs and heart achingly lows.  A couple of scares, and some moments that had me literally jumping for joy.  Through it all I have been blessed and honoured to be able to share it all with you!  Thanks for sticking with me as I spill it all.  Now, with a little help from Instagram, here are the highlights of my year!

January

I joined Instagram and my love affair with this app, and my iPhone began!  Are we following each other yet?  http://instagram.com/stephaniesassymodernmom

YearInReviewJan

February

February nearly blew my mind.  Thanks to Skinny Cow I had the UNBELIEVABLE opportunity to live blog for Entertainment Tonight Canada!  To be honest, it still kind of feels like a dream.  From walking the red carpet right along with the A Listers to sitting through the GRAMMY’s, to four whirlwind days in LA.  It was an experience neither my SassyHubby nor I will ever forget.

ETGuestBlogger

GRAMMYCollage2GRAMMYSETSet

March

Home for just a few days then off to Florida for a week with my family.

Thank you Global Resort Homes!

IMG_9305GlobalGiveaway

We also had to say goodbye to our Maddy, our beloved black lab. For 13 years she was our constant companion, our protector, and a best friend. Heartbreak.

MaddyMaddyandAlexa2008

April

Off to Collingwood for a Dance Competition!

YearInReviewAprilAlexaAndStephBalletBanquet

May

I was absolutely thrilled to be invited to attend Disney Social Media Moms!

DisneyConfDayMontstersIncDisneyConfDayStormTrooper

Due to circumstances (read crazy calendars) beyond my control my girls and SassyHubby were not able to come with me, so what did I do?  Took my incredible SassySister with me!  We were two Mama’s at Disney without our children.  We “might” have enjoyed every single second. xo

DisneyRollerCoasterDisWedPoolside

June

My BlueEyed Girl graduated Grade 8.  How is she this old?  How am I this old?

GradKaliAndStephKaliGradCollage

July

Off to do some glamping and take in the Calgary Stampede as guests of GMC Canada.  Checking “See Chuck Wagon Races” off the Hubby’s Bucket list #Winning

YearInReviewJuly IMG_9961

August

Much needed vacay at a beautiful cottage up north.  Hard lesson learned, how NOT to rent a cottage.  Want the details?  Just ask! (blog post coming in the spring)

Cottage2013day1Cottage2013day2

September

Time for the fall fairs.  Apparently I am still 13 years old because I adore all things fair!

YearInReviewSeptemberAtTheFair

October

In October I had the chance to feel like a celebrity with front row seats to the Pink Tartan Fashion Show in Toronto Ontario.  While there I took over the TIDE account and tweeted everything I saw from the red carpet!  So much fun!

TideTakeoverMtgKimTideTakeoverOutfit

I also had the humbling experience of tagging along as the Guest Blogger as the Champion Children from Hospitals from across Canada and the United States gathered in the happiest place on earth, Disney World, to celebrate their achievements and just be kids, we were celebrating miracles.  I might have cried a little.  Thank you Grace, Cody, Cheyanne, Sam, Elijah, Ryan, Rebekah, Tyler, David, Amisha, Reid and Asaiah for being true inspirations.

CMNCheySaxaphoneCMNFamily

November

November saw me having one of those “pinch me” moments, soaking up the sun at the gorgeous Azul Beach Resort with my entire family.  Need to reconnect with your family, head to a beautiful all inclusive on the beach!

AzulSailboatandGirls AzulViewfromourroom

December

While visiting the Beaches Resort in Negril I was honoured to have had the chance to visit a school supported by the Sandals Foundation.  My girls and I spent a morning meeting some incredible children and celebrating the upcoming holidays.  Thank you Sandals and Beaches Resorts.

BeachesStephAtSandalsFndSchoolIMG_1253

What will 2014 hold for us? I don’t know, but it’s time to start planning and dreaming!  Wishing you all a healthy, happy and joy filled year.

Sending love from the Suburbs! XOXO

Comments

1. You had an amazing year filled with adventure after adventure.
    Of course losing your precious Maddy was so sad. ((HUGS))
    Wishing you all things wonderful in 2014……………

Thanks Deb. 2013 did have it`s ups and downs but one`s thing for sure, it was packed full of adventure! Thanks for your good wishes and hugs and all the best to you in 2014!

What a year in adventures! Maybe 2014 bring you even more adventures =)

3. your year sounds like adventure after adventure….smiles…
    hope 2014 is all the more for you…happy new year!

4. Happy New Year Stephanie you have had quite the year. I do know 2014 will bring with it much more adventure for you and your family I have no doubt. B

Thank you so very much!! 2013 really was an adventure with some ups and downs, but I am really looking forward to the blank page that is 2014. All the best to you and yours for the coming year! xo

5. Wow, what an amazing year! I hope for more of the same…or better…in 2014!

6. Love the recap!

7. Danielle Martin says:

What an amazing year you’ve had. I can only dream of accomplishing even a 1/4 of what you’ve done. You are very blessed!

Thank you Danielle! I do feel very blessed. I hope all your dreams for 2014 come true, you never know what the future holds!

8. Your year sounds completely amazing and action packed. Just started following you on Instagram (I’m also in love with it).

Feeling quite blessed that I was able to try so many new things this year! Thanks for following me on Instagram, I truly appreciate it. I must pop over and make sure I`m following you back. Do you use the same name there

9. that’s a pretty packed year

10. WOw! Though I have followed your journeys over the year, I didn’t realize how many wonderful adventures 2013 had held for you until seeing them laid out as one 🙂

Sending best wishes to you and your family for a 2014 that is just as blessed! ♥

Thank you so much!! To be honest, I don’t think I realized how much I traveled until I stated to put it all down in black and white. It`s been a whirl wind of a year! Sending all the best to you for 2014!

11. Congrats on a fantastic 2013, Stephanie. And, any year that involves being photoed with a Stormtrooper is a great success in my book.

Thank you!! And yes, my dear brother in law was just a wee bit jealous of the storm tropper picture! Scratched one thing off my bucket list I didn’t even know I wanted to do! LOL

12. What a wonderful year in review! It was so much fun to look back on 2013 with you – and I know that 2014 will be just as amazing!

Thanks Lena!! 2013 was kind of a whirlwind 🙂 Looking forward to 2014 and hope we get to see each other a little more often! xo

13. What a year of wonderful adventures, 2014 will be even more amazing! 🙂

14. Tammy @Inrdream says:

I loved looking back on 2013 in review with u. My year was incredible too but just as sad. We too lost our 11 year old Weiser to old age. My heart still aches. Cheers to 2014 and reaching goals, well dreams come true. Xo

Oh Tammy I am so sorry to hear you lost your dog this year too. It’s strange how that pain can sneak up on you out of the blue. Hugs to you and cheers to an incredible, joy filled 2014!

15. You had an amazing year.

16. What a lot of great trips you got to go on. I’d like to visit the Calgary Stampede some time.

The trip with GM to the Calgary Stampede is one I will never forget! It’s worth trying adding to your travel bucket list 🙂

I loved the trip down memory lane! I remember all those posts, and your brave driving experience in Alberta still makes me giggle. I hope 2014 brings you lovely memories, and I am confident it will.

Thank you so much! And thanks for following along this year! Wishing you all the best for 2014 and hoping it brings us both lots of adventure and joy 🙂

18. As a new reader to your blog, I loved this wrap-up to get to know you 🙂

19. Stephanie says:

So thrilled to have you as a new reader and happy to hear this wrap up post of my year helps you to get to know me a little bit! Wishing you and yours a fabulous 2014!

20. Wow! Sounds like 2013 was an awesome adventure…here’s to even more!!

21. What a wonderful 2013 you had. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful adventures. I enjoyed looking at your awesome photos!

22. Brilliant opportunities you had and shared, looking forward to more of your adventures