What Do I Really Want For Christmas?

The phone calls are coming, the e-mails are pouring in.  What do you want for Christmas?   What can we get for the girls?

ChristmasTreeFarm2012

At this time of year I’m once again reminded how incredibly blessed, even spoiled my little family is.  Our family may not be large, but we are strong.  We are there for each other in good times and in bad.  Through the happiness and through the toughest of losses….

What do I want for Christmas?

*A season full of good health.  A new year bursting with joy.

*To get through the week before Christmas without the annual “Family Christmas Fight”.  (this would be the one where I nag and nag and nag until I explode and screech that “everyone needs to pick up their crap because company is coming and I am not a maid and I want to enjoy this blessed season too dammit!”)

*I want to carve out some time with those friends we only seem to get to see once or twice a year.  We may not see them very often, this doesn’t mean I don’t think of them always.  A few hours with them is enough to fill my heart with joy.

*I hope to find some time to see the magic of Christmas through the eyes of my children and my SassyNephew.  Thanks to his two year old sweetness Santa lives on forever more.

*I hope for one decent family picture.

*I pray for some healing as we reflect back on family members not with us this Christmas.

*I want to find a way to stop the clock.  If only for a day.  A day where we declare our own snow day, (as only Canadians can) tuck ourselves into our home, tune out the world, and hang with my family with nothing more on our agenda’s then movies, baking, and re-connecting.

*I want to make paying it forward a priority, and teach my girls that this is one of the biggest gifts we can give ourselves.

On my Christmas list, everyone finds their own joy.

What do I want for Christmas?  Well, everything I already have, just sometime to take a deep breath, say a big thanks, and enjoy it.  Wishing you all the best the season has to offer, and none of the stress, mess or icky stuff.

Peace and love and the biggest of hugs. xo

Comments

1. Oh now that is what everyone one should want and give for Christmas. I love your list. Hug B

2. Very good post.
    My desire is for my husbands health. Today actually marks his one year post stem cell transplant.
    I desire safe travel for our children and our family.
    I want to see my boys enjoy each other.
    May all your desires become a reality.

3. Sandy Trojansek says:

My wish is for my family to stay safe and healthy in 2014. We lost my father very suddenly in 2008, and it was so painful to deal with. I would happily trade any gifts to have him back.

• I am so so sorry for your loss. I lost my Grandmother quite suddenly this year and find myself in tears in the strangest of times. I can only imagine the pain and heartache you are feeling. Biggest of hugs to you and yours this holiday season.

Love your list! So many are on my list too. We have everything “material” that we need, it is the simple things in life that we want. Hope your family has a very Merry Christmas!

• Merry Christmas to you and yours, hope you find time to celebrate your simple joys this holiday season too! 🙂

That’s a good list. My list this year includes a happy and healthy 2014 and a happy 2014.

I love your list! Wishing you get everything & more!! Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

7. That is a lovely list…………..hope you get that for Christmas!

8. That is the best Christmas wish list ever! Merry Christmas!

9. What a lovely Christmas list…. brought tears to my eyes then made me laugh..! Especially like the ..” I’m not the maid and want to have fun too”” section. So real!!
    Have a wonderful Season and enjoy every minute!!

• Thank you!! Already gave my kids the very first “I am not a maid” lecture tonight. I will not spend their vacation doing extra cleaning 🙂

10. What a very touching Christmas list!

11. Cheryl (@loucheryl) says:

I love your point about not being a maid and for everyone to clean up their crap! LOL! I can relate to that! Merry Christmas!!!

12. Great list! These are the important things. A snow day would be amazing except that my one year old would not allow much relaxing to be done. lol. 🙂 Happy Holidays! I hope you get everything you wish for. 🙂

13. Merry Christmas to you and yours! All the best in 2014!

14. What a lovely wish list… I can definitely relate!

15. I would like a de-cluttered room, some good sleep, and crispy #Bacon.

16. Just perfect; beautiful wishes my friend. I hope you get them ALL!!!!
    XOXO

17. Beautiful post! I think we can all agree we wish for the same things. I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy every little thing about the holiday and especially the time spent with family 🙂

19. Me, I just want peace and good health – for me, my family and really . for everyone.

20. Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope you get what you really want for Christmas ♥

21. Amen! Sometimes we forget what Christmas is all about between the mad rush to get perfect presents and prepare the perfect meal.

22. Tim Bowers says:

I agree with this! The holiday season is a time for reflection, loving your family, and having a great time!

Shouldn’t be any stress involved.

23. Great list! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year…love the wish for a good family picture…..boy do I know how you feel.

24. I love this Stephanie! A great way to set realistic wishes that can be accomplished 🙂 I’m sitting down tonight to make a list of things like this that I want, not for Christmas but in general.

Great list, Stephanie. I hope the things on your list come to you this year, if they have not already. Happy new year, and all the best to you and yours in 2014.