Reminding Me Why I Travel ~ Beaches Resorts

Life is too fast.  It passes us by in a blur as we tend to obligations and schedule’s that range from hectic to full on crazy.  Why would a sane person ever pile travel on top of all of this?  Simple.  It is transformative.  Travel takes you out of your everyday throwing you into a brand new world.  It pushes you to learn about yourself, the world around you, and provides the chance to bond as a family that no other experience can.

My daughters and I recently had the opportunity to take a whirlwind four day trip to the Beaches Resort in Negril Jamaica.  We packed enough action  into those four days to leave us breathless, sweetly satisfied and down to the core happy.  There’s so much to see and do at Beaches Resort, it’s hard to know where to start!  Bright and early on a blustery Thursday morning we headed to the Pearson International Airport in Toronto Ontario to meet up with fellow Travel Bloggers and Writers; destination Paradise.

BeachesOnOurWay

Resting an hour and a half outside of Montego Bay is the beautiful Beaches Resort Negril.  An award winning, 5 star family orientated hotel that the three of us were eager to explore.   Our Mother-Daughter trip was underway!BeachesBuildings

This low rise resort of under 300 rooms hugs the stunning and famous white sands of Seven Mile Beach.

A few quick facts about this incredible property:

There was going to be a lot to cover on this trip!  (and we hoped to find some time to do nothing at all!)BeachesFloat

We arrived at the resort, walked through the unique open air lobby and proceeded to check in with the help of the warm and very helpful Concierge Service.  The children in our group were welcomed with fruit punch and fresh baked cookies, the Adults with a cocktail of a slightly stronger variety!  A sweet and very relaxing way to start to our stay.  IMG_1186

My girls and I were ushered through lush gardens with birds singing, and past play areas to our room in the 300 block.   I might have skipped a little!BeachesWalkwayRoom 311 was a warm, bright and very spacious room.  Fantastic!  The suite contained a lovely pull out couch and matching love seat, all arranged in a cozy sitting area. Although it was almost dark when we arrived, we could see this sitting area opened up to a lovely balcony overlooking the croquet field and the ocean.  The room was configured perfectly for the three of us and could easily accommodate a family of up to four or five with rollaway beds.

BeachesSuite

I will go ahead and admit it now, I thoroughly enjoyed the best of sleeps on this most comfortable of King Size beds.  My girls and I were also surprised by some sweet gifts waiting for each of us!  IMG_0994BeachesWelcomingGiftBeachesWelcomingGift4BeachesWelcomingGift2

The couch pulled into a double bed, but as an alternate sleeping arrangement, we were also given the option of two rollway beds for my girls.  We graciously accepted the rollway beds, I was eager to see if a family of four or more could fit into this suite.  This answer was yes!  One rollaway fit easily behind the couch, the other behind the loveseat and the room still felt spacious and airy.

IMG_1005IMG_1004

Each room on the property has it’s own X Box for the little one’s to enjoy (or the little one’s at heart) and games are easily borrowed from the concierge area.   One of my favourite features of the room is that each has it’s own mini fridge stocked full of waters. juice, pops and beer.  This little fridge is re-stocked twice daily.  Love this!

IMG_1009IMG_1011

The bathroom area was big enough to make the three of use feel spoiled.  Double sinks with plenty of counter space for this Mama and her two tween girls to spread out and really make ourselves at home.

IMG_0996

The powder room was separated from the double sinks, and consisted of the toilet, shower/tub and plenty of big white fluffy towels.  Side note; the shampoo and conditioner provided were just short of full size, and among some of the best products I’ve ever had the pleasure of using.  My tweens loved it too!

For the first time ever while staying at an all inclusive, I had more than enough closet space!  Practically a walk in, the girls and I were able to hang up nine dresses and more little tops and skirts then I am comfortable to admitting to packing.  We utilized the hangers, shelves and ample dresser drawers to unpack with ease.  It’s the little things that can make a good vacation, a great one.

IMG_1001IMG_1002IMG_1003

Tucked inside this closet was a perfect size electronic safe.  Two small purses, cellphones, passports, jewellery and a small laptop all fit in quite nicely.

IMG_0997

After a very quick tour of our room we changed into summer wear and made a dash for the beach.  There was a party gong on and we didn’t want to miss it!!

We’d been travelling from early morning, left a place where the snow was blowing, and arrived to resort full of smiling faces, warm relaxed attitudes and tropical breezes.  With every step we took closer to the beach I could see the stress of the everyday simply melting away.  I could also feel the excitement building.  What lay ahead for us in this beautiful, humid, star lit place?  What adventures would the three of us have together.  Mom and Daughters ready to explore!  I never could have guessed.  I believe in the power of travel, in it’s ability to teach and help us grow, and now I believe that everyone needs to venture to Beaches Resorts in Jamaica.  I can’t wait to tell you all about it….

BeachesResortPerfectMoment

…more next week!

Comments

That room looks amazing! With all this cold, snowy weather a warm getaway right now would be nice 🙂 Glad you got to have an amazing, quick getaway with your girls!

2. I’ve heard SO many great things about Beaches resorts. A good friend of mine just stayed there in September and LOVED it. Maybe I’ll get there one of these days.

• Beaches Resorts really strives to do everything right! They put family first and I adore that. I understand why your friend LOVED it, I did too! You must add it to your travel bucket list!

3. The more I read about your travels the more I want to go!! Can’t wait to hear what the three of you got up to whilst in Jamaica!

• So glad you are enjoying reading along!! (and an adventure it was, can’t wait to tell you all about it in the New Year!)

4. Tracie virgin says:

I would love to try this with my family time is of the essence always.

• Family time really is hard to come by! Nothing better then a vacation with your loved one’s to re-connect.

5. those are some nice photos!

6. Ah, the life of a travel blogger! Sounds like it was a wonderful trip. And really good PR move on the part of the hotel.

7. James Crampton says:

Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season!

8. agreed that time goes by too quick – wish we’d vacationed more!

The incredible thing about Beaches Resorts is the number of mulit generational families I saw there! Grandparents with Daughters and Grandkids! It’s never too late to start a new tradition 🙂

9. Beautiful looking resort…thanks for sharing.

10. Sandy Trojansek says:

What a beautiful resort! Lucky you!!

11. Cheryl (@loucheryl) says:

What an awesome vacation you had! I have been to Jamaica once and LOVED it! The people of Jamaica are so friendly. I would return in a heart beat.

• I am with you. LOVED the people of Jamaica and would return in a heartbeat. Especially with the snow we are getting and knowing how incredible the Beaches Resorts are. Hmm Mght be time for me to start planning to go back!

12. Looks like you had a wonderful time! It’s so beautiful there! And the room looks awesome.

The room was fabulous! It easily fit the three of us, could have accommodated up to 4 or 5 no problem. (and of course you know my feeling on the mini-bar being re-stocked twice a day! LOVED that!)

13. Wow looks like a fabulous resort and what a great thing to take a mother daughter trip. I dream of someday doing this also.

• My daughters and I have done overnights before, but never a trip like this. I don’t know why we waited so long. It was a trip of a lifetime and I can’t wait to tell you more about it in the new year!

14. It has been a very long time since I had a beach vacation ( and Wasaga Beach does not count, LOL). I have heard many great things about the Beaches franchise and your detailed review has me convinced. Now to convince my hubby, LOL

• I have to admit one of the reasons I wanted to go and review the Beaches Resort was to see if it could actually live up the hype. You know what, it did! Love that you are trying to convince your Hubby to go (so something I would try to do) I have so much more to tell you about our adventure, will post much more in the new year! Happy Holidays!

15. So envious! I’d love to take a vacation and go to a resort, but cannot due to my pregnancy. Great review!!

Choo Choo

16. Love the bathroom! Again it looks like a beautiful place to visit and one I hope to someday.

• What I wouldn’t do for a bathroom counter that big at my house! It was a great surprise to have so much space in our suite at Beaches Resort.

17. I agree! Travel is definitely a getaway, but heck, I would even happy with a stay-cation!

LOL You’re right, nothing wrong with a good old staycation. One of the best things about a vacation far away (for me) It forces my tween and teen to put down their cell phones and really be in the moment. We get to actually hang out and be a family uninterrupted!

Oh wow! looks amazing wish I was there right now, I don’t like this cold and snow lol

• I’m so done with the snow already!:)
      The white sand beach at Beaches Negril is a much better place to be!

19. I have said it before and I will say it again – it looks like a slice of Heaven 🙂

You hit the nail on the head with saying travel can be transformative. My first winter holiday came about because of a very difficult time in my life – 2 girlfriends and I escaped away for a week and I very much came back a different person. That sort of hot holiday where you are pretty carefree just allows you to REALLY forget the chaos of life and relax!

20. Looks like an incredibly family friendly and comfortable resort!

• Family friendly, comfortable, safe and so much to do!! Can’t wait to tell you more about it in the new year 🙂

21. It looks like a really great family friendly place to visit, which can be difficult to find.

• You’re right! It really is hard to find a place that is truly family friendly. Not just family friendly for parents and toddlers, but for those with babies right through to teens. Beaches does it all! My only regret was that I couldn’t stay longer!

Wow how beautiful is that!! Amazing pictures, looks like a relaxing place to spend a few days! Thank you for sharing with us.

• I’m thrilled to be able to share with you! The Beaches Resorts have been on my “must try” list for years. I’ve wanted to know if they are really as good as all the ads you see, you know what, they are!

Wow, that’s quite the set up. Sounds like an amazing place!

• This set-up was just great for the three of us. My only regret, we didn’t get to stay longer! 🙂

24. I been to Jamaica about 4 times, once on a cruise and three times to a Super-clubs all-inclusive adult only resort Grand Lido Braco which no longer exist..I loved that resort..Last year I went to The Royal in Playa del Carmen Mexico and that was beautiful..Their family sister resort Gran Porto Real is right across the street..I loved Playa del Carmen Mexico..I think the only way I would go back to Jamaica is if someone paid for my trip there..Don’t get me wrong I did Love Jamaica but we would not venture off the resort…It’s so Awesome that you can go on vacations with your daughters..My sons are all grown up and while them growing up I was a single mother and we couldn’t even afford to go to the jersey shore let alone Jamaica..You have very lucky daughters..

You do have a point. With every trip you have to be aware of your surroundings and the fact that you are no longer at home. I was travelling alone with my two girls and never once felt unsafe. Even when we left the property. Now we only left the property in big groups. I found the people of Jamaica to be warm, welcoming and the country to be exciting and vibrant. I hope to get back one day soon!

25. Lemon_cupid says:

Wow! What a wonderful trio to take together!

• We really had an incredible adventure. Looking forward to telling you more about it in the new year!

26. Your pictures look absolutely fabulous. I would love to be able to travel but financially and now health wise it has held us back. I do agree though you need something to slow you down and travelling does seem to be the ticket.

• When we are not able to travel, we declare a staycation. Turn off the phones, ban the internet and just shut out the outside world for a few hours or a day.
      Hope you manage to squeeze in some “you” time, and sending wishes for good health.

27. This looks like an amazing choice for a vacation and, more specifically, a family vacation. We are looking into ideas for one and this is definitely on the list!

• Please do let me know if you have any questions! Beaches Negril is a great place for families, and the beach itself is FANTASTIC!
      I hope to get back there with my entire extended family. A perfect place to do a ton of activities or just relax. I will be posting much more about my experience in the new year. 🙂

28. This looks amazing! I want to go and get away from all this snow!

• Oh I would love to be back there right now, it really is a fabulous getaway with the kids! (escaping the snow is not bad either!)

29. Ouu la laa! We stayed at a Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos last year! Such a fun and kid-lovin’ environment with so many great activities!

Beaches Turks and Caicos is on my list! Hope to make it there one day 🙂 I found the same wonderful activities at Beaches Negirl for the kids. So much variety, or just head to the pools and the beach. Sigh, can we go back now please!

30. Love Beaches – Should have been there with YOU !

31. Wow! Would love to go someday! Looks amazing! And that bed was beautiful!

The room, the bed and the grounds were all fantastic! I say put it on your travel bucket list!

32. Nichole Norris says:

Montego Bay is such a beautiful area! Negril Resort looks amazing, ill have to check it out sometime! 🙂

I didn’t get to spend any time in Montego Bay (accept for flying in and out) so looks like I will have to go back too! 🙂

33. That sunny beach sure does look better than the world of ice we got today

I feel like we live in the world of ice and snow right now, think it’s time to plan a trip back to Beaches!

Those gift bags are such a nice touch!! Your room does look really spacious!

The gift bags were such a nice surprise! Upon our return home my daughter wore her Oscar The Grouch shirt to school. Grade 7 and she rocked that shirt! LOL Beaches Resorts just seems to know how to speak to the tween and teen, it was a joy to spend some time there.

35. Sounds like it was an absolutely perfect getaway! 😉

Our trip to Beaches was a great getaway, my only complaint was that it was not long enough!

36. Rhonda W G. says:

Oh that looks so lovely especially right now! That room is gorgous too.

How many day of ice and snow have we had now? Enough that I am reading back through my Beaches post and realized I missed your comment! I would love to get back to that brilliant resort right now and take a bunch of me readers with me!

37. BobbiJo Pentney says:

I looks like you had fun, however one always yerns for home.

I’m with you! Usually by the end of a vacation I am anxious to get home, however this time I wasn’t ready to come back! Maybe because the weather was so perfect, the staff so friendly or there was just so much to do! I do know we will have to go back and next time, stay a little longer!

38. kristen visser says:

cannot wait till my daughter is old enough to take on a family vacation 🙂 awesome photos

I meant to send you a note to let you know we say some Mama’s at this Beaches Resort in Negril that had little tiny babes with them. Couldn’t have been more then 6 months old. They made use of the daycare during the hottest hours of the day, (had some couple time that way and all daycare was included) and looked to be having a fabulous vacation!

39. jenny nicole says:

Oh I haven’t been on a vacation away from home on so long! I love staying in hotels and touring around it! The little things… I’m totally missing out eh?

It’s important to do those little things! Sometimes the planning of that next vacation can be almost as much fun as the vacation itself! Let me know if you have any questions about Beaches Negril!

40. seham merzib says:

I love beach resorts!

That is absolutely gorgeous!

42. Beautiful resort, like all the detail in the pictures, travelling with my daughters is fun too

43. This looks beautiful. Maybe when my kids are a bit bigger…

Trackbacks

1. […] my girls and I left our suite we paused for a moment to take in a deep breath of the sweetly scented and humid air of Jamaica.  […]

2. […] would begin to describe the incredible day my girls and I had when we embarked on our journey with Beaches Resorts and the Sandals Foundation.  Our destination; the Mount Airy School in the Mocho Mountains of […]