Love My House ~ The Reveal!

From Frumpy To Fabulous.

Ugly To Unbelievable!

Dusty and Dingy To Diva Worthy.

All are titles I played with as I tried to find the words to describe how I feel about the new fantastic, fabulous, beautiful state of my home!  It’s time my friends!  It is finally time to share with you the big reveal of my #LoveMyHouse Reno!  Thanks to huge support from The Home Depot Canada, as well as some family and friends, I am thrilled to present to you the results of the biggest home renovation I have ever tackled in my life.  Ready to see it?

#LoveMyHouse video by SweetGirl!

We replaced almost all the flooring on the main floor of our home.  We ripped out the kitchen floor, and found a second floor underneath, and then a third!  We blew breakers, we split boards and bruised our knuckles.  We hurt our backs.  We might have cursed a little, but you know what, we laughed a lot too! We took our house out of the frumpy 80’s, and turned it into a house we  love!! Yes LOVE!

We went from this…..

LoveMyHouseEntry

To This

IMG_0725

…and from this disaster:

LoveMyHouseFamilyRoomPicLoveMyHouseKitchenCollage

To this warm and inviting home.

IMG_0733IMG_0734IMG_0736IMG_0731IMG_0737

What!!!  Seriously, did you know flooring could make THIS big a difference in a home?  I hope the pictures and video begin to speak to the warmth this home now emits.  The house now flows, and even feels bigger.   Each and every time I walk into my house I enter with a big fat grin on my face.  My house now finally feels like my home.  Have you ever considered tackling a huge Reno like this?  My recommendation?  Do your research, go to a place like Home Depot Canada where you can get all the supplies and support you need, and then GO FOR IT!  I am thrilled, yes, thrilled with our new home and can’t wait to start just living life in it!

Thanks for following along on our Reno. Hmm, wonder what we will tackle next!

Comments

1. WOW it is truly beautiful the wood flooring warms it up. I love your choices. B

I was amazed at the choices of wood available and was so relieved once we realized we picked the right one! I am absolutely a hard wood flooring fan. Thanks for following along on our Reno 🙂

2. It’s gorgeous, Stephanie!!

3. Looks just amazing!!!! You will enjoy your floors forever!
    XO

We are so pleased! Even the kids love the new floors. I think it says something when the teens approve 🙂 LOL

Wow who knew flooring would make such a huge difference. Looks wonderful 🙂

I have to be honest, I knew replacing the floors would make difference, but I had no idea it would so dramatic! Love it and I’m still a little shocked every time I walk in the front door!

5. WOW!!!!!!!

I loved your entry way when I first saw it at the beginning of your reno process, but now seeing it with the new flooring, OMG! It looks amazing! The first impression when a person walks into your house is lasting, and having that beautiful flooring there now just takes your breath away!

Amazing, Steph, simply outstanding!

You are so right about those first impressions! I am thrilled with our results and so happy to now be on the other side of this renovation 🙂

6. OMG it is all so beautiful. We have only been in our house for 7 years and since we fell in love with the tile floors in the model we also did tile floors. We are now wishing we had done wooden floors!!

Isn’t amazing our fast our tastes can change? We re-did parts of our kitchen when we moved in just over 13 years ago and already I’d love to rip it all out and start again! I do think we will be loving these wood floors for many years to come.

7. Judy C (Cowan) says:

Looks great! Changing the flooring gave your place a nice new look! Congrats on the final product, you should be proud of it!

8. Looks really good! Love wood floors!!

9. Simply stunning! The hallway is just amazing – what a wonderful, welcoming sight as you step into your home. It’s just spectacular. And the kitchen is, of course, night and day! Way to go! #LoveHomeDepotCanada

• Thank you! I knew Hardwood floors would make a difference, but really had no idea it would make THIS big a difference in our home. We are thrilled with the results!

10. WOWIE!! That turned out so well! Sounds like all the hard work was worth it and love that you showed us every step. Off to show my hubby 🙂

• LOL It is kind of amazing:) Please do show it too your Hubby, and be sure to let me know if you have any questions. My only regret, that we didn’t do this sooner!

11. Cheryl (@loucheryl) says:

What a beautiful home! You must feel so wonderful that the renos are all done and that the outcome is amazing! Enjoy.

12. Love it, looks amazing! 🙂 Enjoy!

13. Flooring really does make all the difference. Great job. Looks AMAZING! Now when are you having us all over for dinner?

14. Oh Steph! I too love your house! What an amazing difference. It does look so much warmer and flows so well from room to room. I am so thrilled for your family. 🙂

15. It looks FABULOUS! Congrats on a great transformation!

16. Andrea B. says:

Your house looks amazing! Fantastic work! Love your kitchen!

Your house is stunning! Its all so clean and the lines are gorgeous! Congrats on a successful reno!

18. gorgeous!

19. Jennifer C aka JusticeSadie says:

WOW the Wood Really makes a difference. Really warms it up. Beautiful

20. It looks amazing! It turned out great!

21. Your floors look amazing.. im jealous

22. What an amazing transformation! I can’t believe the difference your warm looking Hardwood floors make to the appearance of your home. We re-did our kitchen and entrance way several years ago and after seeing your pictures, truly wish we had gone to Home Depot for ideas and help. Mmmm….maybe new wood floors are still in our future?

23. I love it! It does make the house look bigger and very warm. Great job!

24. I love the wood floors. And they are so easy to keep! You’re home looks beautiful…but even MORE now.

25. Holly Messana says:

How amazing such little changes can make such a big difference. I love your entrance!

26. That’s your house? Good lord. Only in my dreams.

27. Gorgeous!!! I love the makeover!

28. holly o'gorman says:

What a world of difference changing the floors is! It looks so warm and rich, especially in the front entrance photo. Ceramic tile really isn’t all it’s cracked up to be! Beautiful decorating too, looks like a brand new home!

29. OMG your house is beautiful! Even before the changes. Now it’s just even more beautiful!

30. Absolutely beautiful.

I love it and I’m so happy that you love it! You’re totally right — changing the floors absolutely changed the vibe of the rooms, and in a positive way.

32. It looks great, I love your colors and your table and chairs! Looks great and homey!

33. This is nice

34. looks great
    🙂

35. Wow. It looks beautiful. I like the wide entry way and the pretty staircase.

36. I am in love with your house.If I had that house I would be proud too.Wow! I mean the staircase and the floors are just gorgeousYou are a lucky lady.I am happy for you.

37. It’s amazing the difference wood floors make. Looks great.

38. Nena Sinclair says:

Wow! Your house is absolutely stunning||! I’m moving in! Lol 🙂

39. I love the video, well done!

40. holly o'gorman says:

The change of floors make your house look like a million bucks!

41. Sarah Jackson says:

Love the front foyer transformation!

42. Angela Lumley says:

Wow you have great taste and decorating skills, love it!!!

43. I wonder how long it took you to decide on the flooring…big decision.

44. Wow, very nice! Love that grand entrance and staircase!

45. I love your new wood floors! I am so jealous of your reno!

46. kristen visser says:

SOOO gorgeous!! wish i could get some new floors in my place lol

47. Absolutely amazing! The first thing i thought of was “warm and cozy”! Great job!

48. joanna garcia says:

omg ur house is beautiful!!! love the flooring, everything came out great!

49. Teresa Honores says:

your floors are amazing! what a great renovation and will add alot of $$ to the house! great reno!

50. Looks fantastic! Love it!

not much to say but its absolutely beautiful, you did an amazing job.

52. kathy downey says:

I remember reading about starting now seeing the results i love it.You just can’t beat hardwood

Trackbacks

1. […] a larger project. You may want to work on your house and you need creative ideas on how to renovate a foyer like Stephanie from How to Survive Life in the Suburbs (another fun and generous London blogger […]