Turkey Day Confessions In A Thanksgiving Meme

Up here in the great white north of Canada it’s Thanksgiving Monday!  A day for many of us to eat Turkey for a second time in the same weekend, to continue visits with family and friends, and to wonder why on earth we didn’t hang onto those old maternity pants.  The jeans start to feel just a bit snug around the second helping of potatoes.  It’s also a time to do a little reflecting, and to say some thanks for my many blessings.

It’s also time to make life a little easier on myself and maybe some of you!  Therefor I give you this Thanksgiving Meme.  Feel free to play along:

1.  Is your Thanksgiving Meal Turkey or Ham?

This little family is team turkey all the way, but have been guests for both Ham dinners and Chinese food!

2. Cranberry Sauce.  For it or against.

I am truly anti cranberry sauce.  I put it on the table for my parents and Grandma, but really am not a fan.

3.  Favourite part of the Thanksgiving meal?

I was tempted to simply say stuffing, but really it’s lingering over the dessert and coffee and chatting with my entire family.  (the stuff I used to loathe when I was a kid)  Confession:  I am now old!

4.  Family Member most likely to make a scene at dinner?

Kind of wish I had a blog worthy family member!  Some kind of “wonder what he will say next” he drank too much of the egg nog again kind of uncle but I don’t.  Best I can hope for is that my SasssyNephew whoops it up and throws some peas around.  I hate peas.

5.  Picture taker or memory maker.

Thanksgiving20123

I think in every family there is one photographer, I love to be behind the camera shooting away, snapping pictures of my girls walking through the woods, hanging out and playing with their cousins and Grandparents.  It warms my heart and makes me happy!  I am the picture taker!

No matter where you are this weekend, or how you are celebrating, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving full of turkey and at least two kinds of pie!

xoxo

Here are all those questions again if you want to play along!

Thanksgiving Meme

1.  Is your Thanksgiving Meal Turkey or Ham?

2. Cranberry Sauce.  For it or against.

3.  Favourite part of the Thanksgiving meal?

4.  Family Member most likely to make a scene at dinner?

5.  Picture taker or memory maker.

Comments

1. Happy Thanksgiving! XO

2. Happy Thanksgiving today will be turkey and then hike day here:) B

We managed to squeeze in a walk to the park yesterday, it was beautiful! Nothing better than family, turkey and some time outdoors in the sunshine! Happy Thanksgiving!

3. Turkey has got to be the highlight for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Ham can make an appearance at Easter (that’s my two cents worth).

I like cranberry sauce (as long as it’s homemade)… it goes great with the stuffing!

Wishing you a lovely day and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
    xoxo

Hope you and your family had a beautiful Thanksgiving! Should I admit I’m already looking forward to the leftovers? “)

4. Happy Thanksgiving to you. I am also truly anti cranberry sauce. My fav`s are the stuffing and the gravy. This i s the first year our family will be very small at the dinner table, only 3 of us. A bit melancholy for the rest of the crew. Thankful for each day, and for the health of my family.

I can’t remember if it was last year, or the one before? We ended up with a very small Thanksgiving. The upside, more stuffing and gravy for me! Hope you enjoyed your day.

5. Happy Thanksgiving….we love turkey, cranberry sauce and I do love dessert but stuffing is close in line!

6. turkey
    against
    corn pudding/deviled eggs (tie)
    my oldest son
    anyone with a phone, ha.

happy thanksgiving

Turkey
    Blech, yuck, nooooo
    stuffing
    me (m brother hasn’t talked to to me in over 5 yrs for some silly incident)
    pic taker

Here’s to the picture takers!!
      Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I am sorry to hear about the silly incident with your brother. Your do hear about these kinds of things in families all the time….

8. A Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you! Usually it’s turkey here. And cranberry sauce – but only if it’s the jellied kind from a can – the homemade just looks odd to me.

LOL I think that’s the question I should have asked! Canned or homemade jelly. People definitely have strong feelings on that one 🙂

9. Thanksgiving always passes me by, I guess it’s like Guy Fawkes night to you guys! But…

Turkey
    Love cranberry sauce, I eat it all year 🙂
    I’ll come to your next one so I can say 😉
    Photo taker
    Ooohhhh too many to give any an honourable mention.

10. Thanksgiving Meme

1. Is your Thanksgiving Meal Turkey or Ham? Always Turkey – look forward to it! 🙂

2. Cranberry Sauce. For it or against.
    I don’t eat it…but DD loves it!
    3. Favourite part of the Thanksgiving meal?
    I have to say the turkey – really love it! But dessert is a very close second!
    4. Family Member most likely to make a scene at dinner?
    Don’t have one of those anymore ….things that happens when family members separate.
    5. Picture taker or memory maker. – That would most likely be me as I always have my phone in hand! :/

11. Judy C (Cowan) says:

Thanksgiving Meme

1. Is your Thanksgiving Meal Turkey or Ham?
    Usually turkey but this year we were closing up our trailer so we had ham

2. Cranberry Sauce. For it or against.
    Definitely anti – I am allergic to cranberries

3. Favourite part of the Thanksgiving meal?
    Pumpkin Pie

4. Family Member most likely to make a scene at dinner?
    Depends on the year…lol

5. Picture taker or memory maker.
    Picture taker, if I remember to take the camera

Those were such fun questions! I hope you had a lovely long weekend.