Grocery Shopping! It’s one of those unavoidable tasks in life. I’m willing to bet there isn’t a single Mama out there who couldn’t sit down with a pen and paper, and reproduce an almost to scale map of their local grocery store. Admit it, sometimes you feel like you see the clerks at the grocery store more often than you see your own Mother!
When I head to the grocery store I do have a few tricks to make it just a little bit less dreary and tad more enjoyable! If I have to shop for groceries I want to be sure I’m getting everything I need for my family in one fell swoop and making the very best use of my time! Here are a few of my favourite tricks:
1) Shop with a list. Without the all mighty list I am likely to come home with three partial dinners, forgetting the wraps for the fajitas or the potatoes for the chicken.
2) I do check out the flyers for inspiration. I am not much of a coupon shopper, but I do use the flyers for some new ideas! *Besides sometimes Joe Fresh has some amazing deals!
3) I treat myself to a Starbucks or Tim Hortons Coffee. Shopping with a hot coffee always makes it seem more like a date with myself and less like a chore.
4) I use the Loblaw Grocery Bins when I shop. Not only are they great for keeping my cold / fruits and veggies/ and pantry stuff separate when I shop (because I like an organized cart) but it is so helpful when I go to put things away. It just speeds the process up that teeny bit, and every teeny bit helps!
5) I try and time my shopping so I’m finished just before school pick up. Why? So I have two extra pairs of hands to help me carry all those groceries in of course!
This October 10-24th Loblaw Stores across the country will be launching The Mommy of all Baby Events! They will be hosting cooking classes, special sales, engaging contests, demonstration’s from dieticians, and so much more! Grocery shopping will be elevated to a whole new level. Please be sure to check out your local Loblaw store to find out more, or go Dominion stores in Newfoundland & Labrador only. Here’s a hot inside scoop! Watch for a brand new website launching soon after October 10th to help celebrate The Mommy of all baby Events, info will be available through Loblaw.ca! Happy shopping!
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.