Inspiration and Magic

At this very moment I am sitting on a hotel bed, enjoying the heat and humidity (okay actually right now it’s the air-conditioning I’m basking in) of Florida.  My head is spinning and my heart is full.  For the last two days I have had the extreme pleasure of meeting and being inspired by 12 incredible little human beings; the twelve Champions of the Children’s Miracle Network.

CMNChampions13

We spent one whirlwind day together in Toronto.  Oohing and Awing at everything from the magnitude of the CN Tower, to the view from the 54th floor of the TD Building.  Enjoying a meal prepared especially for them courtesy of Canoe. (a critically acclaimed restaurant in Toronto)  Did you know Canoe makes gourmet grilled cheese?  To touring behind the scenes of the Royal Ontario Museum, seeing a museum the way only a child can.  To watching this group of children truly WOW a crowd of more than 1000 at Walmart Canada’s Head Office, by doing nothing more than showing up, and smiling their angelic smiles.   Those smiles proving to every single one of us that life is full of miracles and grace.

CMNHeadOffice

Inspirational is not a big enough word to describe these children and their stories.  Honoured isn’t a strong enough word to describe how I feel to be with them on their journey as they head to the most magical place on earth this week; Disney World.  All of it made possible thanks to the hard work and donations made to and from Walmart Canada and The Children’s Miracle Network.  Both supported by people like you!

CMNChampions

Tonight there was a little meet and greet party, to celebrate the Champions arrival in Orlando.  My face hurts from smiling.  These children were thrilled to play hula hoop, toss a bean bag, decorate giant chef hats, learn to tie towels the fancy Disney way.  Can you imagine what is going to happen when we hit the Magic Kingdom?

CMNChampionsWelcomepartyCMNCheySaxaphone

Catch more of their journey on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, and stay tuned next week when I’m back to tell you what happened when we stormed Cinderella’s Castle!

Hope you will link up your Wordless or not so Wordless Wednesdays below!  I’ll be back around to say hello once my feet land back in Canada!

Comments

1. Oh how inspiring! Your heart strings must be pulling. What a great way to start off Thanksgiving weekend with your heart full. 🙂

My heart is full to bursting! So thrilled that these babies, children, teens have had a chance to have some incredible experience’s this week and bond with each other. I have a feeling some life long friendships have been made!

2. Oh Stephanie this must be so rewarding to see those smiles and be surrounded with so much courage. Hug B

You are so right, it is so rewarding and yet I find myself wishing that my own family was here so I could fiercely hug them. Counting my blessings and marvelling at the beauty and strength of each child and family I have had the privilege of meeting this week.

3. It does sound fun, and I bet Magic Kingdom is going to be the icing on the cake. 🙂

Yes! We head to the Magic Kingdom tomorrow and I’m the one who can’t sleep! I can’t wait to see those smiling faces when they see the castle!

4. Sounds like a lovely time.

It’s also a time filled with Kleenex! Time with these families makes you count your blessings and re-evaluate where you put your charity dollars. I’m proud to support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

5. Oh you do AMAZING things! I admire you. I had a disabled-delayed brother that was under my and my HM’s care for eight years until his passing. He was my oldest brother (12 yrs older than me). After my parents passed, I took him in. Those that are similar are a tug to my heartstrings. Pat yourself on the back, sister, pat yourself on the back. ♥

You are too kind! I’m just blessed to be on this trip. This group of children are wise beyond their years. They are polite, strong, patient and kind. I am thrilled that they are getting the celeb treatment both in Toronto and next up, Disney World!

6. Oh, how wonderful. Enjoy your time with those sweet kids!
    XO

Thank you! It’s been such a gift to follow these incredible families from Toronto to Orlando. Tomorrow we head to Disney World!

Sounds beautiful! What an experience! Thanks for sharing this experience!

Thanks for following along!! Can’t wait to see what Children’s Miracle Network has in store for us next!

8. It certainly does make your heart swell!

9. Wow, I bet they had such a wonderful time seeing everything in toronto, what an great experience!

I’ve been to Toronto numerous times, but it was like seeing the city for the first time through the eyes of these amazing children. 🙂

10. That is a beautiful thing! Also: gourmet grilled cheese. Yum! 🙂

11. So sweet. I can’t wait to see where you and all those little people end up next!

12. What an incredibly beautiful experience, can’t imagine your heart bursting with emotions. 🙂

13. Judy C (Cowan) says:

Life through the eyes of children is a magical thing. I can only imagine what an emotional experience this is but these kids all deserve it! Enjoy every minute of this experience (and say Hi to Mickey for me…lol)

14. Way to go girl. I missed you at Blissdom, but I totally get it now 🙂

Thanks Kyla. It was an amazing experience with some incredible kids. Missed you, but I was where I was supposed to be!

That sounds like such an amazing experience to be part of! What incredible strength in those kids.

16. Veena Hockridge says:

It was amazing and brought so many smiles toy kids faces:) what a great experience it was! My daughter Amisha sang Katy Perry’s ROAR in front of all the Walmart people at head office! I was soo proud of her:) or was a great trip! Miss you all xoxoxo the Hockridge family from Saskatchewan!!

17. Wow! Your life is truly an adventure!

Trackbacks

1. […] our plan, to tour the city in style and then travel as a group to Orlando Florida.  That first day was a whirlwind of activity.  From Walmart’s head office for a big old cheer fest and trick […]

2. […] nothing compares to the Medal Ceremony that takes place during the Children’s Miracle Network’s Celebration weekend.  An occasion where each and every Child Champion from across Canada and the United States is […]