A Man On His Knees

This post brought to you by a big man on his knees.  Now don’t go getting any ideas.  I’ve been married for 17 years, I am old, men are not falling on their knees around me.  With one exception, my poor SassyHubby.  Let me explain.  As we prepare our house for the big #LoveMyHouse makeover, things have gone into overdrive around here.  This has meant there is no idle sitting around time!  If you are in this house you are packing stuff up, moving stuff around, swinging a hammer or two.  No exception!  We have some flooring to take out people!  Sadly, this is the part where the makeover claims her first victim.  For those betting, it wasn’t me and my sanity, it was my Husbands back. Youch.

Last night the big man went down, and he went down hard.  I wish I could quip lightly about it. Joke.  Tease.  However, I don’t ever want to see that look of sheer agony cross another human beings face ever again.  One wrong twist and we were solidly in a discussion about whether we should call the BFFs down the street or the ambulance.  My Husband was in pain and we needed help.  Who could get here faster?  Who had the medical knowledge to help us?  How do you get a Hubby down 14 stairs and out to the car to the help you need all by yourself??  This was no laughing matter.

The last 24 hours have been spent trying to be of help to my injured man.  Providing ice, encouragement, drugs, ice, blankets, drugs, some food, ice.  Ug.  Really being quite useless and feeling like crap about it.  My world came to a full stop.

Stop-Sign

Big picture.  It’s just a back injury. (I say just knowing these too are horrible and can last for years.  I have one myself) But big picture, he will get through this, WE will get through this.  I mean who needs sleep anyway right?  The kids will still get to school, my people will still be fed, the makeover will go on, but for now the blogging is taking a full stop.  My people need me.  See you in a couple of days after I get back the reins on my life.

Mwah xoxo

Comments

1. Oh I do hope he heals quickly I understand that My Hero has one too. Take care you will be alright.Hug B

Thanks for the well wishes! Back injuries really are scary, they can just pop up seemingly out of nowhere! He seems to be a bit better tonight!

2. dang….sorry…i hope that he heals up quick…and its not fun either being the spouse because you can feel pretty helpless….

You nailed it! I just felt like there was nothing I could do! Hoping for a quick recovery and appreciate the well wishes!

3. Hope he heals up fast! Good luck!

4. Hope he heals up quick!

5. Oh no… hopefully he will be on the mend quickly. Back pain is horrible. 🙁 [hugs] to you both!

You are so right, back pain is horrible and watching someone you hurt like that? It’s is awful! Hubby does seem a bit better tonight so hoping we are on the right track 🙂 Thanks for the hugs!

6. As someone who has been suffering with pretty severe back pain for a long time, I can tell you that the most important thing is to not over do it. If you can develop the habit of respecting your limitations, life becomes much more pleasant.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery 🙂

I actually read him your comment!! Thank you. I too have had a back injury and know how tempting it can be to try and jump back into things. You just can’t do it right? Must force yourself to slow down and take it easy. Hubby is nowhere near that yet, still dealing with just sitting and walking, but I wanted to thank you so much for your comment. I hope you are doing well, back pain is truly awful.

7. Ouch!! Hope he mends quickly!

8. Yikes! Take care of your fam! I hope he is already on the mend!

Thanks, he is a little bit better tonight. Was actually smiling a little, so I think we are on the right track!

9. Get that man in for a Massage Therapist.

10. Ouch. Poor guy. Back injuries are the worst. Hope he recovers quickly.

Thanks! So hard when someone you love is in that much pain so I am so grateful he is on the road to recovery…

11. Oh ouchie!! 🙁
    Hope he’s feeling better asap!!

12. Oh dear! Sending good healing vibes to your hubby! Hope he feels better sooN!

Thanks for the healing vibes, I think they are working! He is getting better each day, slowly but surely! It’s so hard with back injuries, as soon as you start feeling better you have to be so careful not to over do it or you end up right back where you started!

13. Oh no….I hope he is getting better. ((HUGS))

Thanks Deb! He is getting better. Slowly. Back at work for a half day today and he actually drove himself. Thank goodness. He doesn’t like asking for help so it’s already been a long haul. 🙂

14. Back issues are never a laughing matter. I hope he feels better real soon!!! Keep up the good work Nurse-Mama!

15. Hope hubby’s back is feeling better now, I know how long it can take and the back always has a weakness afterwards.

Ouch! When a back goes, a back really goes! I hope your hubby gets better soon, but having back issues I know that they pretty much decided by themselves when they are going to feel better!

Sending healing thoughts

17. Back injuries are terrible. I am sure this was actually quite scary. Thinking good thoughts your way.

I hope he’s doing better, and has been healing over these past few weeks! Back injuries are awfully painful, and my thoughts are with him.

19. Cheryl (@loucheryl) says:

Poor you. I hope that he is better by now.