My House Smells Like Pancakes and Poop: Toddler Life

This weekend I was thrown back into life with a Toddler.  Hard.  My SassyNephew came to stay with me for four days, and do you want to know what I learned?  It may have been about eight years since I’ve had a Toddler in my life, but some things never change.

SassyToddler

*Cheerio’s still rule.

*Coffee is required for survival.

*Max and Ruby still have no parents.

*You can never go wrong with a walk around the block.

*5:30am is freakin early.  The only time it’s cool to get up this early is if you are catching a flight to somewhere fabulous.

*I’d love to kiss the Mama who invented the “sou sou”.  Soothers are clearly one of the worlds best inventions and therefore must have been invented by a woman.

*A Toddler can destroy your house faster than a pack of teenagers looking for food.

*Toddler “speak” is the cutest thing ever.

*Poopy Toddler blow0outs are not cute.  Still love me some Pampers.

*I am powerless against a Toddler begging to be picked up.

*Sleepy Toddler Snuggles are kind of addictive.

The toddler years are fleeting.  They whiz by in a blink of an eye and it is sometimes hard to appreciate and to know that this time of baby chasing, poop cleaning and excess coffee drinking will be some of the biggest giggle inducing and memory making years of your life.  Counting my blessings that my SassyNephew gave me a look back on those years, and then went home to his Mama…..so I could get some sleep!

Hoping you all had  beautiful weekend.  If you need me, I will be sleeping!

Comments

1. Isn’t this the best!!?? This is the joy I get several times a week when I get to watch my beautiful niece. I can’t believe she’s already had her 2nd birthday. It’s going by too fast. 🙁

Glad you were able to spend 4 days lovin’ on your nephew!

YOU are an AMAZING Aunt! A couple times a week gives you rock star status”)
      And I have to agree, my SassyNephew will be two this fall and it is flying by way to fast!

Aw the items on your list are so cute (with a few exceptions haha). He’s adorable!

3. I have a toddler and oh my… do I ever agree.

You’re right, Max and Ruby don’t have parents! Now how come I never picked up on that before?!

Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

LOL My Hubby and I used to marvel at the fact that poor Ruby had so much responsibility as a big Sister and where the heck were her parents? Now almost 10 years later the poor girl is still all on her own! Good thing for that Grandma down the street! HA
      Hope you have a beautiful day!

4. I’m soooo jealous, even of the smelly bits. I’d love a few days of toddler snuggles and walks around the block.

It truly was a great few days for the entire family! Even Hubby changed some smelly bits, and he rocked it! Is there anything hotter than an involved Dad? Maybe an involved Uncle! 🙂

5. LOL, could not agree more, oh yes, mine does the toddler speak and it is adorable and sometimes very humourous.

I REALLY wish I had been a video taping kind of Mom! I don’t think I have any tapes (cause that’s what we did a decade ago) of my girls babbling away and regret that! Unsolicited advice; go have a chat with your babe and record it for yourself! 🙂

6. Yes, those little people years are SO fleeting. I wouldn’t mind having a toddler around for a day or two just to remind me. But ONLY a day or two – I’m far too old to deal with it for longer than that!

Ha I couldn’t agree with you more! It didn’t take this little guy long to tire me out, but you know what else? He got the whole family moving! Not TV, computers or just sitting around. We were at the park, playing in the back yard and just going for walks. It was so much fun…and now I am so tired! LOL

7. How stinking cute is he?? What a gift for you to spend so much time with him….but yeah, four days is enough. 🙂
    XOXO

He is ridiculously cute and just bursting with energy and character. These four days were such a gift and yes, now I need to sleep! 🙂

8. Awww 🙂 What a cutie! You’re an amazing aunt

9. Cheerios are the bestest

10. I LOVE toddlers so freakin’ much! 🙂

11. I like toddlers, but you need plenty of energy for them. A soother being a pacifier, I’m guessing? My kids never had them – but they got plenty of cuddling when they needed soothing.

Yes! I forgot that not everyone knows a soother=pacifier. Both my girls had a pacifier, I figured it was easier to get rid of then the thumb they were gravitating towards 🙂 And nothing better than those cuddles right? There is something very powerful about being able to comfort a child with just your love…

12. Thanx for reminding how was taking care of a toddler .. I completely forgot it! xx

13. There are days I’d like to do it again, and then there’s the Poop, LOL! It’s the same thing that keeps us from getting a dog. Oh and I’m aging! 😛

14. Awww! Your nephew is so cute. Makes me want to have another…until I read the no sleep part. I love that you had a little reminder ( and a few snuggles) of all things toddler. I did video my babes and your post makes me want to relive the memories…and then sleep soundly all night 🙂

15. That was wonderful for you to do – but I bet you were tired! lol

16. Valerie Godin says:

Life with a toddler is magical! I love learning and seeing the world through their eyes. My 16 month old is really starting to show his personality and it’s amazing!

17. That is great that you got to spend some time with your nephew, but it is always nice to be able to hand them back over to their mom!

18. Suzanne Smith says:

That was a sweet ode to your nephew and your love of parenting, Stephanie. Your nephew is so cute – I’d be powerless up against them eyes. My mom always says (after she babysits all the grandkids): “It was wonderful to have them come and visit, but nice that they went home.” Ah.

19. This sounds so familiar! My son is 16 1.2 months and is definitely a toddler! I have been wondering where Max and Ruby’s parents are since my brother watched the show. Apparently, Rosemary Wells wanted to show how the kids dealt with conflict with out the parents.

He definitely likes the early mornings! lol. He doesn’t like cheerios, which is kinda funny.

20. Awww! I love this post! So sweet! You made me chuckle with some of the things you mentioned. Glad you got to spend a few days with your nephew. Adorable!

21. Most importantly thanks for taking him. Hubby and I had a wonderful getaway – our first since the baby was born. Your the best Steph! Hugs

I agree with you! Sleepy toddler snuggles are indeed the best! I get them now from my grandchildren, but there was a drought for a while between my kids growing up and when they had their own children.

Now I get all the poopy diapers and sleepy cuddles I want!