Blue Mountain In The Summer? You Will Be Shocked.

I am not a skier.  I don’t like, nor do I appreciate the snow and I do not apologise for this.  So when I was invited to attend a Family Blogger Retreat up at Blue Mountain in the dead of summer I thought…meh?  Isn’t Blue Mountain just for ski bunnies and all things associated with that horrible white stuff?  What can there possibly be to do up there in the spring, summer or fall?

A quick look at their website and that invite was answered just as fast as I could clear the space on my calendar.  Cobblestone streets with a European feel, shopping galore, and a ridiculous amount of family friendly activities.  I had to see if Blue Mountain in the summer was even half as good as it looked.  Besides, the Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain looked to be just my style.

On a cloudy afternoon my girls and I packed up our car (with way too much stuff) and made the three hour drive out of the clouds and into the sunshine.  We arrived at the front entrance of the Westin Trillium, left our car with the team of valets and made our way inside.

2013-08-09 10.44.152013-08-09 10.45.07

At reception  area we were greeted by a warm smile, and told that our room was ready and waiting for us.  Fabulous!                          2013-08-09 10.45.38

After a three hour drive my dear daughters and I were eager to unload our luggage and head out to explore all that Blue Mountain had to offer.  We left the lobby, headed up to the 4th floor and entered into this….

• 1,000 Square Feet
  • A Queen-size Heavenly Beds® in both Bedrooms
  • Full Kitchen
  • Separate Bath and Shower
  • Private Balcony with a Stunning Mountain View s

BlueMtnFamilyRoom

How gorgeous is this!  Suddenly we were not in such a rush to drop and run.  My confession:  I am a hotel snob and extremely hard to please.  At this point, I was very, very pleased.  We had just opened the doors to  a two bedroom suite divided by a fully equipped kitchen  a dining room with a table big enough for a party, and a super comfortable family room.  Three televisions, a full kitchen and two bathrooms?  What wasn’t to love!

2013-08-07 15.19.19IMG_0044

The two bedrooms were set up on either side of the common space and both boasted their own alarm clocks, TV’s and en-suite bathrooms.  Both were warm, inviting, comfy and cozy.

2013-08-07 15.19.55IMG_0035IMG_0049IMG_0045IMG_0047IMG_0048

Each of these bedrooms and the main family room had picture perfect postcard style views.

BlueMtnView

IMG_0052IMG_0053

Our little party of three paused for just the briefest of moments to try and soak it all in.  Hardly believing this little piece of paradise was so very close to home.  The view was pretty sweet from the little balcony off my bedroom, but it was just moments before we were  up and heading out on our first adventure of many at Blue Mountain!

IMG_0055

We had only been at The Westin Trillium for a matter of minutes and already it was both SassyMama and SassyTeen approved.  It more than met all of our needs of functionality and space, and was super pretty to boot.  The location was second to none, and the staff were warm and welcoming.  This is one hotel we will definitely be back to.

I hope you will come back next Travel Tuesday to see us tackle just a few of the amazing family friendly activities available at Blue Mountain!  Hint:  I may take on the longest Zip Line in all of Canada!  I may also scream the entire way down the mountain!  See you then!

I know this is not so wordless, but really want you all to know how fabulous this place is!

Hoping you will link up you Wordless or Almost Wordless Wednesdays below:

Disclosure:  I was a guest of the #SummerAtBlue Family Blogger Retreat in order to review this property and it’s amenities.  All opinions expressed in this post are my own.

Comments

1. Oh, how I miss the view! And hanging out with you and the girls, too, of course. And the Starbucks coffee waiting for us in our rooms. And did I mention how much I loved the view? Great photos of the panorama, by the way! Looking forward to our next zip line adventures. *nudge, nudge*

Oh I miss you too! When we headed up I really didn’t know what to expect, I was so pleasantly surprised by just about everything! I truly hope we all get to go back again soon, such a great getaway.

2. So beautiful! I saw many of the photos you and Diana had posted – breath taking!

I am completely with you on the fact that winter and related sports holds LITTLE appeal appeal to me 🙂 Banff is another location that is STUNNING in the summer but it well known for it’s winter appeal…

I hadn’t thought of other ski and winter locations to check out during the summer! Cheers to the summer girls and thanks for following along on our getaway!

3. This looks more like an apartment than a hotel! Amazing!

4. What a gorgeous place to visit. (In the SUMMER!!!)
    I too am a hotel snob; this would pass my snobbery for sure.

5. What an awesome vacation, these are beautiful photos. I have linked up and shared your WW to my Wordless Wednesday Pinterest Board this week. Thank you for stopping by Oh My Heartsie Girl!! Hope you can stop by, have a great week, Karren

Thank you so much for sharing!! I will have to go and hunt you down on Pinterest and make sure I am following you:)

6. WOW!! This looks like a terrific location for a get away. Never would have considered this for the summer. Something I will now look into as we are looking for a place to visit this fall. I can only imagine how beautiful it will be at that time of year.

Honestly, we had such an amazing time I am considering going back in the Fall and taking the Hubby! I agree, it would be beautiful in the fall with the leaves turning colour!

7. Perfect timing with this post my girlfriends and I have booked a cottage in September and I was wondering what it was like. The zipline may be getting an old lady flying down it yes I am that adventurous …..but …..You first:) I look forward to your next post. The girls look like it was fun. B

LOL I will tell you a little bit about that zip line now! I was scared to death but how could I encourage my 11 year old daughter to do it, and then not tackle the course myself?
      So I put my big girl panties on, climbed through the amazing caves with my girls, marveled at nature, and then screamed my way down that mountain on the zip line. I loved it!! Would do it again in a heart beat!

8. fantastic photos! I have always wanted to visit!

Blue Mountain and this hotel in particular were fabulous! The only thing I didn’t like was that we didn’t book an extra night and stay just a little longer 🙂

9. Wow looks amazing!

10. That is a beautiful room, more like a small apartment. Perfect view!

It was hard to tear ourselves away from the room and view! I think we could have had 6 of us in that room and been happy and comfortable! Hoping we get to go back soon!

11. We loved our trip to Blue Mountain a few years ago – so much great stuff to do with the kids in a beautiful setting!

Isn’t it amazing! I can’t believe it took us this long to check it out! I have to admit I’m already wondering when we can go back, so much for families to do!

12. Oh my gosh! It looks absolutely amazing! I love the super modern kitchen!

The only problem with the kitchen was that it is nicer than my kitchen at home! LOL It truly was a great set up!

13. Looks like a great vacation! 🙂 Danica

14. Looks like a beautiful place to visit. Especially in summertime 😀 Great photos!!!

Thank you! I am embarrassed to tell you how many pictures I actually took 🙂
      It was a great summer time getaway!

15. I have no clue where Blue Mountain is, but it looks nice 🙂

16. SueSueper Sue says:

Looks like there is lots of fun to be had in the summer too. I’ve only been there for skiing a few times.

17. It is so pretty up there this time of the year – my favorite! We are heading up this weekend – can’t wait! 😉

Have an amazing time!! Blue Mountain is just a fabulous place to unplug a bit and indulge in some good old fashioned family fun. I’m already trying to figure out how to get back up there!

That scenery looks amazing! If I were you, I’d never want to come back.

19. I grew up in this area. Very beautiful.