I’m Scared! Can You See Me Now??

FacebookHeader2013Ahhh!  I’ve done it. I’ve taken the sorta of terrifying leap and jumped off the Blogger platform and headfirst into Word Press!  I didn’t do this all by my lonesome, I did get some amazing help from Krizzy Designs, but have to tell you that late last night, as my blog was moving through cyberspace and I sat drinking coffee on my couch waiting to see if my Blog would survive, I felt quite panicky and very very alone.

Do you know what happens to a worrier when she is left to pace the halls of her house and simply wait and see if her blog will survive the move from Blogger to WordPress?  This crazy random stream of thoughts:

• What was I thinking” , “I’m in over my head” not to mention whatever happened to “Leave well enough alone” all rattled around in my sleep deprived brain.
  • The reality set in that this is not just a move to a new platform, this is a risk that my readers won’t be able to find me!
  • What if  I hate my new layout, what if all of you hate my new layout?
  • What if  I won’t be able manipulate the blog the way I am used to in Word Press?  What if people discover I’m really not that smart!
  • Imaigne if my page rank takes a big old hit.  This would make me very sad face.
  • What if I can never figure out my new e-mail?

I’m not going to begin to tell you what I am sure my Husband was thinking!  At about midnight he told me all would be fine, and headed for bed.  Poor guy is married to a loon!  So all this to say, I’m here.  I moved.  Things look a little different and feel a lot different.  My travel section is going to be AMAZING and so much easier to reference and read.  I beg of you to have some patience with me as I work through a few bugs and now must ask the most important question of all time!  Can you see me now?

Comments

1. LOVE your new site Steph!! Looks beautiful. Congratulations!!Mwah!

2. Tanya L says:

Love the new look. I can see ya 😉

3. Saturday and Sunday I had to put my book back up on Amazon. The rights reverted to me as of Saturday, the publisher pulled their version, and I had to put it back up. And now I’m waiting for the 67 reviews to show up on the Kindle as they’re only on the paperback. Amazon says it could take 5 days. I feel ya.

I haven’t slept since Saturday.

Oh Suzy that is so stressful!! I left everything in the hands of my fab designer and know in the end it will all work out! I’m sure your reviews will all come through too! Fingers crossed for you!

4. Ann Robertson says:

Love your new sight! Awesome…..way to go daughter!!!

5. Well your designer pulled it off because yes, I can see you easily. You popped right up on my dashboard as you always do. Good luck!

Gigi! Thank you so much for letting me know I popped up on your dashboard! I understand some people are getting a “page not found” so glad that’s not the case for everyone. “)

6. Yay! you did it! looks great!! I was wondering when you were going to take the leap!

Thanks Jennifer!! It was in the works a long time and then seemed to happen before I was ready 🙂 LOL

7. I love your new site. I may have even emailed your designer for a quote too. 😉

Thanks Nicole!! You will adore Krizzy Designs, she truly held my very uneducated hand through the entire process!

8. A lot of people have changed blog platforms, but I’d be scared to do it. What is the advantage of Word Press over Blogger? If I ever make the leap, it won’t be anytime soon.

I needed to be able to have more then one page I could work with. I’m working on my Travel Section as we speak and the Blogger platform just wasn’t cutting it anymore! This might be my biggest reason for switching right now, that and I like the cleaner look. (so far not loving the way you write and post on WP but hoping I get the hang of it soon!)

9. Alexis aka mom says:

Love it girl! The layout is great and I can see u 😉

10. Great Job!! Your blog looks amazing.

11. It looks awesome! Good for you! One of these days I will take that same leap…but it scares me so much, LOL!

I understand why it scares you!! From what I am hearing there are some readers who are having trouble getting to my site right now. Hoping it’s all worth it in the end.

12. Looking good! Welcome to WordPress!

Thanks so much Lena 🙂 ( now prepare yourself for the “Help I can’t figure this out!!!” questions) LOL

13. Congratulations, girlfriend! Welcome to your new home!

14. Congrats! Your new home looks amazing!

15. I was scared at first when I went from Blogger to WP, but it’s been almost 3 years now and It’s the best thing I ever did 🙂

16. I can see you!!! Now don’ t you wish you could take back all that worry??
    So, is wordpress supposed to be better??? Let me know.
    XO

17. Found you! And I understand your fear. I have thought about making a change but I’m too chicken. 😉 Jo

I am so glad you found me!! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment so I know you were here too 🙂

18. I see you! Moving to wordpress scard the bejeuzus out of me but it is the best bloggy thing I’ve done. You will love it.

19. I see you! Moving to wordpress scared the bejezus out of me but it’s the best bloggy thing I’ve done. You’ll love it.

Oh thank you so much for your kind words! I’m sure in a couple of weeks (err months) I will be thrilled with the decision. Just have to get the bugs out and get the hang of it 🙂

20. Don’t be scared….I see you:) And, don’t forget about Windows Live Writer:)

21. I’m not sure I would have even noticed since the layout is the same. I just added you to bloglovin, and now I need to go check if I added the right one!

(I was already following you, but on netvibes).

22. I can see you now…..but I don’t know if I would have if you hadn’t commented on my blog…..you’re brave!!! Very brave.