Ahhh! I’ve done it. I’ve taken the
sorta of terrifying leap and jumped off the Blogger platform and headfirst into Word Press! I didn’t do this all by my lonesome, I did get some amazing help from Krizzy Designs, but have to tell you that late last night, as my blog was moving through cyberspace and I sat drinking coffee on my couch waiting to see if my Blog would survive, I felt quite panicky and very very alone.
Do you know what happens to a worrier when she is left to pace the halls of her house and simply wait and see if her blog will survive the move from Blogger to WordPress? This crazy random stream of thoughts:
- “What was I thinking” , “I’m in over my head” not to mention whatever happened to “Leave well enough alone” all rattled around in my sleep deprived brain.
- The reality set in that this is not just a move to a new platform, this is a risk that my readers won’t be able to find me!
- What if I hate my new layout, what if all of you hate my new layout?
- What if I won’t be able manipulate the blog the way I am used to in Word Press? What if people discover I’m really not that smart!
- Imaigne if my page rank takes a big old hit. This would make me very sad face.
- What if I can never figure out my new e-mail?
I’m not going to begin to tell you what I am sure my Husband was thinking! At about midnight he told me all would be fine, and headed for bed. Poor guy is married to a loon! So all this to say, I’m here. I moved. Things look a little different and feel a lot different. My travel section is going to be AMAZING and so much easier to reference and read. I beg of you to have some patience with me as I work through a few bugs and now must ask the most important question of all time! Can you see me now?