On Butterflies, Disney Love and Fire Works!

Taking up where I left off  last Travel Tuesday, where I bragged  cried about doing Disney without the kids, it was time for our first official Disney Social Media Moms Event.

My SassySis and I were on the move.  Grabbing the monorail it was a straight shot to the Contemporary Hotel that we were now calling home.  I had just enough time to freshen up and run back down to the Lobby to meet up with the other Disney Social Media Moms before the bus left for our event.  Should I confess that I was a little bit nervous?  Here I was about to meet so many fabulous women and get a behind the scenes peek at one of the most magical places on earth.  It was getting hard to control the butterflies.

I strapped on my big girl sandals (because it was over the top hot) and dove in head first.  I need not have worried.  As I entered the crowd of women waiting for the bus I felt like I was going home.  There were a few familiar faces from conferences past, a lot of “I know that face” known only from facebook and blog stalking, and even time to make some new introductions.  Everyone was warm and welcoming, there was no shortage of hugs.

We all boarded our luxury coach buses and were off, eagerly anticipating the TryIt event at Epcot!  TryIt is part of Disney’s Healthy Living Campaign to partner with parents to encourage children to try new foods.  An amazing initiative.  After a short drive, our group was ushered through a back gate and led to a pavilion inside Epcot which was all decked out for our arrival.

DisneyCocktailHourDisneyChand

Blue up lights pointed at gorgeous chandeliers, the beautiful crowd circulated and the room buzzed with anticipation.  I loved receiving more hugs from familiar faces as the busses unloaded, and we kicked off the night in style with champagne toasts and fabulous horderves.  It was a special way to start an evening!  I could use thousands of words to describe the excitement that poured from our hostess Leanne Jabukowski, Director of Social Media for Disney Parks, and special guest Chris Powell, Extreme Makeover Weight loss Edition, as they both inspired and motivated us.

DisneyLeanneviaJoshDisneyChrisViaJosh

I could use thousands more words in an attempt to capture the laughter and smiles as children met their Disney Hero’s and Mamas met their favourite characters, but I think it better to simply show you my photos and hope the pictures begin to tell the tale.

DisneyConfNight1StephLenaTenielle DisneyMrsIncredibleDisneyAcrobatDuoViaJosh

DisneyTryItDinnerViaJosh

Following the amazing dinner, the photo taking, a little dancing, some incredible performances by both a band and an acrobatic duo, we had the opportunity to do something I have never done before.

We were treated to dessert and fireworks, Disney style!

DSSMEpcotFireworks

Desserts of all kinds and some pretty over the top coffees were served under the stars while we were dazzled by the IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks!

I might have asked my SassySis to pinch me.

DisneyFireWorks

This was just opening night.  I was feeling grateful, blessed and a little bit giddy.

Big thanks to Disney Social Media Moms for making it all possible.

I can’t wait to tell you about day three!

Comments

1. I can’t wait to read about day 3!

2. wow…they went all out…so very cool…woot on the fireworks show and those acrobats….make my shoulders hurt…ha

3. Very impressive!!!!!!! sandie

4. Jillian says:

Oh fireworks on a warm summer night. Fireworks that look like that?? Adding it to my travel list!

5. Oh How Fun!! What a beautiful place and I am a sucker for fireworks!!

6. What a terrific trip- it’s on my bucket list! Can’t wait to hear more-

7. It just sounds better and better!! Can’t wait to hear more 🙂

8. lovely pictures looks like lots of fun

9. How do you manage to have so much fun? You’re a stay-at-home mom, right? 🙂
    So I’m a little jealous.
    Actually, I’m happy for you and love hearing about your travels.

10. I did Disney without kids… once… like 15 years ago… I will go without kids again, but will probably be a grandma by the time THAT happens!

11. I love the fireworks at Epcot!

12. I LOVE that you stopped to take pictures with the characters too. It looks like you had an amazing time!

13. Patty S says:

Wow – looks like a ton of fun!!

14. My husband is a king of fireworks. Your pictures look so awesome!

15. It looks like a great party – fireworks and everything! Thanks for letting us in on the fun!

16. Looks so much fun!

17. This looks like so much fun!!

18. Yes, most electric tools give me butterflys, they look menacing and a bit dangerous, some of then, like saws.

19. What a fabulous trip! I had butterflies just being in Disneyland it was all so exciting. Your trip sounds amazing! (and yes, tools.. butterflies when I get new powertools like my dremel)

20. Looks beautiful! Fireworks always give me butterflies! I hope I get the opportunity to take my children to Disney someday, I have never been!

21. What a beautiful fireworks display.

22. Nice pictures!
    We love fireworks! I want to volunteer to help with the fireworks for Canada day! That show how much we love them. lol

23. Looks like fun. I get butterflies occasionally, but not usually as I am an actress/singer/public speaker.

24. WOW! Those fireworks look awesome! I wish there were more opportunities to watch a great fireworks show. The kids love them.

25. WOW! Those fireworks look awesome! I wish there were more opportunities to watch a great fireworks show. The kids love them.

26. There is just something about the fireworks – when I saw them for the first time, I totally cried. years of pent of excitement to finally see Disney for real I guess. Or hormones. Or having my daughter squealing with delight!

27. wow,beautiful fireworks!! I do get butterflys sometimes ! 🙂

28. Aww Disney can do that to a gal! Such a fantastic review! Thank you!

29. Disney characters are so awesome. Would live to meet some of my faves!

30. Love the pictures! Always get butterflies when we get to go to Disney – love it even as an adult!

I think Disney is just one of those places that will always hold a special place for me. No matter how old you get there is something there for everyone!

Cute dress — you look lovely Stephanie! What a fantastic welcoming!

32. looks amazing – i would get butterflies too.
    i can’t think of the last time i got butterflies.

33. This looks like an amazing event!

34. That’s awesome, I love fireworks! Looks like a fun time.

It was such an incredible treat to be able to share this experience with my sister. So carefree!! Feeling very blessed 🙂

35. Wow…the fireworks looks amazing. No matter how many times I’ve seen fireworks, I’m always impressed by them.

36. I was going to comment on the pic of you and the Storm Trooper – loved your dress and you looked happy and nice. But where did that pic go?

37. So jealous! I’d love to do that event!

38. Yes some power tools I am nervous with the saws but ok with most of the other ones. This isnèt the good kind of butterflies

39. Don’t really get butterflies from tools or anything other than heights, I do however get very anxious, to the point of shaking sometimes 😉

40. Power tools give me butterflies so I use hand tools most of the time. This trip looks like a lot of fun. I’d love to go there sometime.

41. The fireworks look amazing!

42. Such an amazing experience! While Disney with your kids is a riot – I think spending the time with your sis gives you a VERY different appreciation for the place 🙂

Glad to see you ladies had a great time! It looked amazing 🙂

Soozle you are so right! A trip with my sister to Disney really gave me the opportunity to see the magic of the place with a different set of eyes! There is truly something for everyone!

43. Most tools scare me! Cute post!

44. Those are some nice photos

45. Tools gives me butterflies and I hope to have Disney butterflies one day.

46. That looked like so much fun but would have definitely given me butterflies!!!

Looking back I still get the butterflies! The word magical may be overused, but it really is the best way to sum it up! Magical!

47. Barbie Squires says:

That’s awesome, I love fireworks! Looks like a fun time.

I consider myself a bit of a fireworks expert, love them, but these were over the top fantastic! A must see!

48. i wish i could go to disney such a fantastic place

49. Mélanie Chartier says:

Wow! I can’t wait to go back to Disney with my kids!

50. Disney has amazing fireworks.