Easter means different things to different people. For some it is all religion, for others it’s all about the Bunny. I’d hope our Easter is a bit of both with a whole lot of family mixed in. Did we have a perfect Easter? Probably not. What we did have was a lot of chocolate, a few laughs and a little bit of downtime. Here are my confessions from this Easter Weekend:
1) Before Easter even began I had an extra bag of Robin’s Eggs hidden in my room that I had NO intention of sharing with my children. Hidden and saved…. all for me!
2) Although I swore that since the Easter Bunny was dead I was going to cut back on candy and gifts from that fuzzy fellow. I did not. House is full of junk.
3) I can’t stop eating said junk. I sneak it every time I am alone. If eating chocolate when alone was a criminal offence, I would have to do some serious jail time.
4) I had an “Easter Cupcake” for breakfast today. Okay, I had two. (I scrapped off and threw out the peep so it was more like one and a half)
5) The girls and I tried so hard to paint cute Easter Nails like we saw on Pinterest. Tried being the operative word. They look more like this. Meh, it was fun to try!
6) Half my family couldn’t make it for Easter Dinner so I have a lot of extra apps ready to go in the fridge and freezer. Guess who’s serving apps for dinner tonight? Me! I shall call it date night and be the hero, not the emotional eater in the corner who just really wants a plate of cheese, stuffed pastry and shrimp for dinner. Just saying.
7) Easter Sunday we had big plans to get outside, play in the yard, maybe go for a bike ride. But it was cold and I had a headache, so we cuddled on the couch, watched movies and acted like sloths. I’m not proud, but it is what it is. The truth. Everyone needs a down day sometimes right?
Already wondering when the next holiday is so I can do it all again. The eating and family time, not the headache and confessions. That’s how I roll.
Hope you all had a fabulous Easter! Have any confessions to share?