It’s that time of year in Canada. The weather is turning colder, the wind is picking up and the colours on the trees are nothing short of breath taking. This weekend up here in the great white north we celebrate Thanksgiving! Traditionally a time to
eat way to much food count our big blessings; family, friends, and good health.
Those my friends are the predictable reasons to give thanks. Today I give you my top ten things I am thankful for this fall. Don’t judge, just saying it like it is.
1. I am thankful that the dog no longer has a bladder infection. Not just for her, but because I simply was tired of cleaning her pee off every carpet and floor in my house. Disgusting.
2. I am thankful that my girls had sleepovers scheduled AT THE SAME TIME this weekend! This was an epic event! Romantic Hubby and I had the house to ourselves for the first time in a year. A blog post will not follow, some things you just don’t need to know.
3. I am thankful for tuna. Yes you read that right. Tuna. On Monday mornings when I have absolutely nothing to create some fabulous sandwiches with, my domestic goddess status can remain intact with thanks to that can of tuna….hidden way in the back of the kitchen pantry.
4. I am thankful for coffee and chocolate. Requires no explanation.
5. I am thankful for the brilliant person who created “Shout”. That fab stain remover save three shirts last week. Tiny slobs live in this house, and some big ones too!
6. I am thankful for dishwashers, because well who likes doing dishes?
7. I am thankful for Visine and under eye concealer. Two Mama must haves in the battle against insomnia, little people who do not believe in sleeping in, and the ugly blood shot eyes under eye circles that follow.
8. I am thankful for movies. To distract the kids with, because I am just that good a Mom. But also to escape into! Movies can help you to tune out the real world, and perhaps forget your troubles for just a couple of hours. A good movie is like a little dose of magic.
9. I am thankful for that stupid beep beep beeeep on the back of my giant SUV. Parking disasters are avoided thanks to freaky forward thinking technology!
10. I am thankful for delivery and take-out. Take out pizza, Chinese, Thai even deli. Now if I could just get someone to deliver me some coffee!
Yes, my plate is full with some incredibly big blessings, and I will never take any of those for granted, but sometimes when you are caught in the crazy day to day life of a Mama in the Suburbs, you just have to take a moment to say thanks for the little things too.
Happy Thanksgiving all!
My Canadian friends, don’t miss this incredible $499 Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer Giveaway!